So. what's next?

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: So. what's next?

Post by Kali Durga »

flattop2001 wrote:I may be alone in this but I hope jack spends a year producing. TMR releases have been a but stale since he hit the road. I may not have found FAK, Lanie or pokey as quickly without his legwork.
We need more GREEN SERIES, too. I love the heck out of the Racs and would be thrilled to get a new album from them, but you raise a great point about all the terrific new/unknown music, etc (*cough*greenseries*cough*), we're exposed to through his work as a producer. Either new Racs or new Blues'n'Greens, both would make me happy. As long as another solo album gets slipped in there somewhere.

Speaking of Pokey, another "what's next" needs to be the four extra songs that were recorded when they did their Blue Series. Can't just have those lying about, they need to be released somehow.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Kali Durga wrote:
flattop2001 wrote: Speaking of Pokey, another "what's next" needs to be the four extra songs that were recorded when they did their Blue Series. Can't just have those lying about, they need to be released somehow.
I think that one of those songs is "I guess I should go to sleep".
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I dunno about that, Jack has said in interviews that all of the songs on Blunderbuss were written within a handful of months before the album came out, and that he asked Pokey and the boys to come in and be his backing band for that one. Granted, you have to take a lot of what Jack says with a grain of salt, but we know that Machine Gun Silhouette wasn't written until after the e-mail exchange between Jack and Rob dated October of last fall, and Ryan Koenig sings backup vocals on that song. Pokey and the South City three opened for the Racs last fall in Nashville. They could have easily gone into the studio with him again during that time, which is definitely around when he was working on Blunderbuss. I think Go To Sleep is totally unrelated to the four extra songs from their Blue Series session.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Ok... so who here thinks we will see a live album from the tour come out only to Vaulties?

at this point i seem to leaning towards the Buzzards composing more songs with Jack in the next 3 months and then the Peacocks working more as support musicians for TMR releases that are based in the folk sounds found in the Blue Series and outsider sounds of the Green Series... just my take on it really
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Ok... so who here thinks we will see a live album from the tour come out only to Vaulties?
Did you not see the Vault #14 package?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i know i know... but i al
Stl_ben wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:Ok... so who here thinks we will see a live album from the tour come out only to Vaulties?
actually i thought that exact thought last night and meant to clarify my focus to reframe how i said it... i was looking for something more of a collector set that was DVD/book release with Jo's photos and came with a vinyl component... like a coffee table book with an album in it... last night was a tough one
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:i know i know... but i al
Stl_ben wrote:
actually i thought that exact thought last night and meant to clarify my focus to reframe how i said it... i was looking for something more of a collector set that was DVD/book release with Jo's photos and came with a vinyl component... like a coffee table book with an album in it... last night was a tough one
What does last night have to do with anything? All these posts are from today....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Kali Durga wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I may be alone in this but I hope jack spends a year producing. TMR releases have been a but stale since he hit the road. I may not have found FAK, Lanie or pokey as quickly without his legwork.
We need more GREEN SERIES, too. I love the heck out of the Racs and would be thrilled to get a new album from them, but you raise a great point about all the terrific new/unknown music, etc (*cough*greenseries*cough*), we're exposed to through his work as a producer. Either new Racs or new Blues'n'Greens, both would make me happy. As long as another solo album gets slipped in there somewhere.

Speaking of Pokey, another "what's next" needs to be the four extra songs that were recorded when they did their Blue Series. Can't just have those lying about, they need to be released somehow.
The next green series is supposed to be Tempest
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It's been supposed to be Tempest for a long while now. And that's only one. We need more!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Stl_ben wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:i know i know... but i al
Stl_ben wrote:
What does last night have to do with anything? All these posts are from today....
seems like a reasonable enough question and yet i have to say that its only now 8:30pm here and that post says that i posted at 7pm but i sure as shit didnt post it an hour ago... if i posted it earlier today in a daze because i was thinking about it last night amidst a bit of chaos about me then i will shrug it off as not being much of a priority when it comes to projecting an idea about what collectors might be interested in... im not much of a collector so i was really just conveying an idea that had been lingering about... whats with following me around all the time and playing 20 questions like a resident 3 year old anyway Ben?? surely you can allow adults to express a few ideas and interesting notions without turning it into some sort of Dennis the Menace routine?
mmshuster
Little Bird

Post by mmshuster »

I really hope we get a second album, Jack is doing so many creative things with both bands and has so much inspiration, as well as a large group of musicians that he has developed amazing chemistry with. Of course I love blue/green series releases and such but Jack putting something out either "under his name" or with the DW is what I desire the most.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Whatever it is, I'm sure that it is (to use TMR's favourite phrase) "coming soon"...
Patient B1003
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

This thread is getting me hungry for some news.
Could be a bit of wait though?
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

From MOJO magazine...
So, 2013. A new Jack White solo album?

Well, I hope so, I've got a lot of songs already going for it, 8 or 10 songs already that I'm working on right now. It's very heavy in my mind. I'm not sure exactly when that's coming out. When it's finished I guess. I've also got lots of Third Man things on and well, I can't tell you about any of them.
http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/ja ... -2012-list
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Kaber wrote:This thread is getting me hungry for some news.
Could be a bit of wait though?
i was just singing yellow moon this morning on my way to work... how funny... making me hungry and its not funny any more