I met Jack, he didnt like me.

snippets and snails
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: Looking for Guidance or just setting Metaphorical Trap

Post by elduderino »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Before 10 pages take the clue: A metaphorical trap seems like what is happening as a little go round of philosophical head gaming

This next bit of conversation is for all those who want to preach and teach 'the way' to others while still on the path... we know that even buddhists teach the idea that if you see the buddha on the road then that means your 'buddhahood' isnt working very well because the whole notion of projecting ones thoughts and values onto others as what you see clearly is not going to get rid of any radiation in the air nor is it going to raise responsible children who wipe their own ass and clean up their own dishes... sorry

When it comes to Jack White i would say he is exhibiting traits of a Sage which are different than the Saints that we know as the Buddhas with all their Sutras and how one must suffer because it is the way... Just have to say that you folks can suffer all you like but i dont think one should just accept that as ones lot in life and as the leaf floating down the stream with no brain/no hands

Honestly... we can leave the Karma and Affinity for drawing to you that which you need concepts at the door when it comes to assholes and Buddhist wisdom... some people just go for power points and prey on the innocent that they feel they want to lord over... this is one reason why i think Buddhism in and of itself is just another 'ism' that facades the notions of responsibility and awareness for natural cycles because it gets all 'other worldly' when its time to dig the damn hoe in and plant the seeds...

If you keep studying suffering then that is what you will get... Taoism is not Buddhism for this very reason and is much more a notion of working with nature as well as defending oneself if needed... Taoism is the true way of nature and balance and learning not to repeat cycles that you dont want/need to be stuck in while Buddhism just teaches more suffering... time to evolve kids...
oh jesus christ - wtf are you saying? i bet even you don't know.
he is everything i hate...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

You met Jack, he didnt bother to mention it...

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

You know what El dude... the moderator told you to shut up... so you can PM me if you really have any 'wish' to get into it because i will serve you up like a Sunday Roast
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: I met Jack, he didnt like me.

Post by Stl_ben »

Can we please lock this damn thread up...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Locking the thread is really a denial that particular folks wont let it drop and thus punishing everyone when abuse occurs... to me its really a matter of not getting mail vs. getting hate mail either way the mods decide to handle the situation... i was done with this thread and often cannot respond privately due to the Foe option which i dont use

i dont plan on pursuing any of this stuff but i do think these people who start shit with me should do it directly through PM instead of bothering the White Swirl community... no offense intended to you in this comment Ben... i see the continued abuse and opportunism to be specific to individuals and you dont really go out of your way tp bother at the rebuttle/disrespect which i respect and appreciate
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

It's OK man, it happens to the best of us.

All I can add to this conversation is that my one encounter where I thought I had 'one chance in hell' of getting his autograph blew up in my face in such a way that I left the situation feeling completely embarrassed, mortified, humiliated and heartbroken. I honestly could not believe that was how it had gone down. Certainly not what I had envisioned, changed my views of some things entirely. I was, in fact, so put off by the encounter I seriously considered getting rid of everything I have that is associated with any of Jack's bands. I couldn't listen to any of his music. I took it like a total girl.

But after a few weeks of 'grieving' I forced myself to listen to the entire Stripes catalog, had a good cry and got the fuck over it. Yeah, I felt it was a dick-head-asshole-move on his part, if I was as celebrity as him I would have handled it so differently... but in the end it doesn't matter. I can chose whether to continue to follow him or not, and the truth is he is one of a handful of people doing anything interesting in music at all right now that appeals to my ears/brain. So, while I may not be the starry-eyed die-hard I once was, and my heart just can't quite be in it like it used to, overall that's probably a good thing (at least that's what I tell myself) and I still enjoy his music.
"If you go lookin' for hot water, don't act shocked when you get burned a little bit"
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

ymagirl wrote:It's OK man, it happens to the best of us.

All I can add to this conversation is that my one encounter where I thought I had 'one chance in hell' of getting his autograph blew up in my face in such a way that I left the situation feeling completely embarrassed, mortified, humiliated and heartbroken. I honestly could not believe that was how it had gone down. Certainly not what I had envisioned, changed my views of some things entirely. I was, in fact, so put off by the encounter I seriously considered getting rid of everything I have that is associated with any of Jack's bands. I couldn't listen to any of his music. I took it like a total girl.

But after a few weeks of 'grieving' I forced myself to listen to the entire Stripes catalog, had a good cry and got the fuck over it. Yeah, I felt it was a dick-head-asshole-move on his part, if I was as celebrity as him I would have handled it so differently... but in the end it doesn't matter. I can chose whether to continue to follow him or not, and the truth is he is one of a handful of people doing anything interesting in music at all right now that appeals to my ears/brain. So, while I may not be the starry-eyed die-hard I once was, and my heart just can't quite be in it like it used to, overall that's probably a good thing (at least that's what I tell myself) and I still enjoy his music.
"If you go lookin' for hot water, don't act shocked when you get burned a little bit"
Jeebus and Cheeze!!!! wow... i am so sorry to hear it and i am really really sad to know that it happened to you as a person who has always been cool in tough situations...

the simple truth of life doesnt leave me wondering too much at how fucked up it could have been at any given point in the mix of things relative to how tight a ship that Jack runs but i know my own people and how ugly it can get so when it comes to the realities of this world or how twisted people can be with anyone these days.

there is little that surprises me or shocks me... if i can apologize as one fan to another then i am glad to do it... i hope nothing was destroyed in the process of that goin down :(

you got my respect no matter what from what i know and understand about you over the past year ;)
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: You met Jack, he didnt bother to mention it...

Post by elduderino »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:You know what El dude... the moderator told you to shut up... so you can PM me if you really have any 'wish' to get into it because i will serve you up like a Sunday Roast
when did that happen?

oh, and piss off, also.
he is everything i hate...
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Locking the thread is really a denial that particular folks wont let it drop and thus punishing everyone when abuse occurs... to me its really a matter of not getting mail vs. getting hate mail either way the mods decide to handle the situation... i was done with this thread and often cannot respond privately due to the Foe option which i dont use

i dont plan on pursuing any of this stuff but i do think these people who start shit with me should do it directly through PM instead of bothering the White Swirl community... no offense intended to you in this comment Ben... i see the continued abuse and opportunism to be specific to individuals and you dont really go out of your way tp bother at the rebuttle/disrespect which i respect and appreciate
I have no opinion of this one way or another, but all this rambling and peoples reaction to it has me curious. If not intruding on your privacy, I'm curious of your occupation, age, location and level of education completed.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

thanks greg... just to be simple and to the point... i am over 40 and have issues with dyslexia which has made me strive for other forms of expression as a visual and performing artist as well as seamstress/carpenter/theatre tech... i have a full time job as an instructor in an alternative school which allows me to teach creative expression replacing aggression to youth who are well on their way to a legally binding life style ... i teach gardening and fine arts as well as conflict resolution ... kids are my friends

sadly it is the adults who make at least 70% of the problems for these youth trying to come of age in a fucked up world and i just cant change that kind of thing but i do teach kids how to assess the situation with regards to prevention and communicating when they do not want to be a part of values that perpetuate violence/hate/cultural decline

at this point i have to say that i love my job and the people that i work for either 'get me/love me' or 'hate me' according to the sort of fear they cultivate... which i really cannot say that i have much control over.... not too much different from here or any other discussion group i go to really... but more to the point its hard for me to do much for the majority of kids i work with given their cultural/empoverished dependency about black market and flesh value families who seem to be caught in compromise... about 75% of they youth that i work with are the ones on the news in the next 10 years whether it be as victims or as criminals so the job is exceedingly horrific in its own way

i cannot pass the tests associated with 'certification' due to dyslexia so i make about 20,000 less than i should for the work i do county wide... its a bummer to say the least.... its just another form of bureaucratic glass ceiling in my opinion given that i still write my own grants and compose a damned serious legal letter

as a matter of record i do things like teach them to write correctly with grammar and punctuation (thus i loathe over attention to it in casual settings) as well as teach them to observe, document, use rational means of the natural world to both calm and improve their reasoning ability 99% of the time... i try to introduce them to the working world as well which is really tough when you understand how much they can make in an hour with a life of crime... but hey... they respect what i do... i could publish their cultural journal for you hear on line so you could get an overview of a year at a time with my kids... anyways... enough about me already
Astra
Little Bird

Post by Astra »

Just like at sxsw, I saw a couple of guys from the Greenhornes and smiled at them but they walked by without a single look. I didn't take it personal because they looked like they didn't want to be bothered. Though I almost wish I did anyway, because shortly after I got tossed out by the officials for not having a badge. I wanted a pic with Patrick so bad because, Raconteurs, hehe.
January 1, 2525: Jack White, 21st century musician, revived after long period of cryogenic freezing, publicly states he no longer finds you pretty good looking.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

It might serve you well to preview your posts before hitting Submit.
theeradicaleclectic wrote:... just to be simple and to the point...
Ymagirl, I am sorry to hear about your experience but it seems to me that you took it like a Woman.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Ymagirl, I am sorry to hear about your experience but it seems to me that you took it like a Woman.
I can say for a fact that she was a cool as a cucumber... ;)
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Worst.off.topic.thread.ever.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:Worst.off.topic.thread.ever.
thats saying a lot with some of the big feuds going on lately on other threads lol
jasonbubalo
Little Bird

Post by jasonbubalo »

wow....ive been gone for a few days there have been soooo many posts, many of them I didnt quite understand. Someone said that they were embarrassed and pissed and took it like a girl, thats pretty much how I felt. (were they talking about me or had a similar experience?) Someone said I should email swank (I have two vault accounts). I think that would make me look even lamer if thats possible.

I have been backstage for a lot of my favorite bands, I usually don't ask for an autograph, but I have seen it done enough times to know that its not crazy uncommon. This was by far the worst experience Ive ever had. Im still kind of taking it like a girl. Whatever. I'll get over it. Hopefully. I havent cancelled my vault subscriptions just yet.