I met Jack, he didnt like me.

snippets and snails
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

I met Jack but he was preoccupied and so was I

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

i said my piece and was done until all of the sudden the conversation had to go all spiritual and shit... please stop telling people 'the way of the tao' by projecting your issues of suffering onto others as a part of how 'they' make you suffer over here at the swirl or anywhere else...if anything its clear that you humor yourselves at the expense of other people who are not as smug and withholding of truth as some of you are about 'what you know' or who you know or what you have come to claim as victory prizes and souvenirs in your quest for conquest or better yet 'booty'

i have to ask myself at this point in the discussion if it is possible that Jack picks up on some of his friends bad habits during his creative phases when he is open to being moved and interactively inspired and has mocked people to their face or been smug about fans interacting with him because people he trusts are smug and finding humor in mockery? i sure hope not but maybe thats why this conversation had to go on so long to bring this point up

i believe conversations here get off track when people add on so many person reflections instead of accepting the obvious... maybe jack was just rude

that whole bit about going to target though... thats just diggin a hole to china regarding fans being in a celebrity's personal space... which is what backstage really is no matter how management and media portray the situation for their own mechanics of handing out passes and garnering favor
Stl_ben wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Where does it need to go? Perhaps you could provide some guidance.
Over to LR...
I concur.
all conversations get personal but using the little room to blame others for attitudes held here at swirl will not solve issues happening at white swirl

plenty of folks here start shit in little sly comments with little additions of things like these (...) which are not truths that dont make a noise

its drawing attention to a discussion style and its mockery so have your ellipses and eat it too so we can all enjoy ourselves here ... its not 'the way' to stop the cycle of suffering by any means and to insinuate that is to abuse the saintly suffering of the buddha for your own distorted machinations
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
mojoryan
Little People

Re: I met Jack, he didnt like me.

Post by mojoryan »

Stl_ben wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Where does it need to go? Perhaps you could provide some guidance.
Over to LR...
I concur.
I rarely say things like this, but seriously; get over it; it's a conversation. Granted, praddling on about Jack (for some) can certainly be fangirl/boyish, but I can tell you in no uncertain terms, that my portion (along with the comment to which you both commented) certainly isn't.

If you're going to try to get in digs, do the digging where it's appropriate.
Last edited by mojoryan on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
mojoryan
Little People

Re: I met Jack but he was preoccupied and so was I

Post by mojoryan »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:i said my piece and was done until all of the sudden the conversation had to go all spiritual and shit... please stop telling people 'the way of the tao' by projecting your issues of suffering onto others as a part of how 'they' make you suffer over here at the swirl or anywhere else...if anything its clear that you humor yourselves at the expense of other people who are not as smug and withholding of truth as some of you are about 'what you know' or who you know or what you have come to claim as victory prizes and souvenirs in your quest for conquest or better yet 'booty'

i have to ask myself at this point in the discussion if it is possible that Jack picks up on some of his friends bad habits during his creative phases when he is open to being moved and interactively inspired and has mocked people to their face or been smug about fans interacting with him because people he trusts are smug and finding humor in mockery? i sure hope not but maybe thats why this conversation had to go on so long to bring this point up

i believe conversations here get off track when people add on so many person reflections instead of accepting the obvious... maybe jack was just rude

that whole bit about going to target though... thats just diggin a hole to china regarding fans being in a celebrity's personal space... which is what backstage really is no matter how management and media portray the situation for their own mechanics of handing out passes and garnering favor
Stl_ben wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
Over to LR...
I concur.
all conversations get personal but using the little room to blame others for attitudes held here at swirl will not solve issues happening at white swirl

plenty of folks here start shit in little sly comments with little additions of things like these (...) which are not truths that dont make a noise

its drawing attention to a discussion style and its mockery so have your ellipses and eat it too so we can all enjoy ourselves here ... its not 'the way' to stop the cycle of suffering by any means and to insinuate that is to abuse the saintly suffering of the buddha for your own distorted machinations
At this point I think you may be insane. Less words with more pointed meaning would definitely help your cause. And before you attempt to suggest I don't possess the ability to comprehend the breadth and depth your words and their intentions (as I've seen you suggest to others), let me tell you that you couldn't be farther from right. I seriously can't tell if you're throwing stones in my direction, Grim's, DeeBee's, Kali's, or stl_Ben's... Or maybe it's anyone who isn't you. At this point I'm with Grim and stl_ben; to the LR. :roll:

ugh...

edited to add: You should also refrain from speaking about things of which you have no understanding: it's embarrassing.
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I agree with you except for this part--
mojoryan wrote:. At this point I'm with Grim and stl_ben; to the LR.
No thanks.
Kenny
Little Bird

Post by Kenny »

Stl_ben wrote:I had back stage passes for Billy Corgan once, but he was the opposite he was chatting and signing away...but he wouldn't do any photos.
I know this is way off topic, but Billy Corgan is a super nice guy. I've talked to him a few times and he's always been overly gracious and cool. It makes his current Pumpkins work more frustrating for me, because I want to be angry about it but he's just too nice!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Aquamarine wrote:I agree with you except for this part--
No thanks.
:lol:
I wasn't trying to suggest that WE should go there...
...words to live by.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I AM there, and I like it, it's not what you think--or at any rate, it's not a place that wants, y'know, that sort of thing . . . I think it gets confused with Candy Cane Children, which I also once belonged to and bailed out of, pronto.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Aqua... false.....you dont speak for the little room even if you do speak for an elitist few... that sort of thing is what is not wanted by the rest of the Little Room folk who dont have to be snarky at every turn and ignorant to people and ideas that do not suit their ideal exclusive set of perspectives... so please dont even assume that 'they dont want that sort of thing' when i get enough conversation in the threads and the PM exchange to ensure that you are wrong
mojoryan wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:I agree with you except for this part--
No thanks.
:lol:
I wasn't trying to suggest that WE should go there...
i never was under any impression that YOU ... any of you... should go anywhere because the purpose of this place is clear and people here know what they know according to what part they play and are given to play relative to the truth as they see it ... opportunism and avarice is not my thing

but i said these things accordingly in the message i sent you... any embarrassment about what you know or what i dont know is purely the way of the elite as opposed to my way which is the way of the student and the teacher who trust each other and are willing to respect each other

i see what respect is good for around here and it stinks to high heaven in 99% of the instances as shown... i've no axe to grind but i do know what i know for good and proven reasons that work well when needed and as needs thus i am confident that you can keep your little secrets along your way

i came here to find out about how to deal with certain things that i was not familiar with but over all its pretty clear that a decent discussion will not be had here by people who actually do have a lot in common because its not about sharing at all... its about hording and taking advantage of others
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I'm not pursuing this conversation further than to say I'm not speaking on behalf of an entire forum, I'm simply referring to misconceptions of that forum. (Forgive my saying so, but most of the conversation you get is along the lines of "huh?") And now I'm out. Off to find out who the rest of the elitist few are, I hope there are some hot guys! (Just perpetuating the LR stereotype. ;) )
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Aquamarine wrote:I'm not pursuing this conversation further than to say I'm not speaking on behalf of an entire forum, I'm simply referring to misconceptions of that forum. (Forgive my saying so, but most of the conversation you get is along the lines of "huh?") And now I'm out. Off to find out who the rest of the elitist few are, I hope there are some hot guys! (Just perpetuating the LR stereotype. ;) )
wow... that was a pretty non-specific referencing of misconceptions or even an attempt at trying to be honest in hopes of any positive resolution

especially from someone who has made it clear to me that they were held in high esteem because they are 'an expert in their field' ... i have to say that its very clear who speaks and who gets spoken to according to the way you see things ... but like i said dont speak for the non-elitist folks in the 'Little Room'

;) :roll:
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Hi peoples, I don't know what this topic has morphed into, but let's either stay on the topic of interacting with famous musicians, or just let the thing die. Please and thank you.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

I met Myron Floren at the Vermont State Fair when I was a kid.

He was really nice.

(apologies in advance, Hamptonio...but I really did)

TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

Carrie the Dancing Dog is at Bonnaroo.
I bet she'd be nice to anyone that met her.
Golden retrievers love everybody. :D
http://youtu.be/QCHeaWHYht8
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Bet she doesn't sign autographs, though. :D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

If she doesn't at least give a paw print, then she's obviously a big jerk.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."