Sixteen Saltines Music Video

snippets and snails
hawke000

Re: Sixteen Saltines Music Video

Post by hawke000 »

Not a big fan of showing off my accolades. I understand the "industry" pretty well up to this point and to be honest anyone around here knows me well enough that I wouldn't lie to them about this. It is how I pay my rent after all. Do I know anything else? A few things but I don't claim to understand other industries. I don't want to explain specifics of exactly how things work because I do it everyday I don't need to re-live it on my days off. 12 - 16 hours a days are enough for me.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I looked up "salteens" and I found a Dallas Christian Teens gospel group of that name which stands for "Singing And Living Truth". Coincidence? Yeah, probably. :D
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

mojoryan wrote:
cwja wrote:Finally watched this thing. I enjoyed it. I like puppies and cheerleaders. Thought the Fiona spewing blue stuff part was great. Did Ryan just announce he's organizing a RSD kickball game?
Shit...what have I done?! :shock:
Well, if my ride agrees there's room in the paddy wagon for a kickball, I suppose we MIGHT be able to squeeze in a game! Now, if we can get the homeless shelter on-board to let us play in their lot, I think we'd have a game. How about a charity kickball game? $5 to enter and all proceeds go to the shelter? ;) It sure would make the time go by more quickly.
Think this is a great idea. Going to take this to a separate thread in jumble to gauge the interest.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

dunedin wrote:I looked up "salteens" and I found a Dallas Christian Teens gospel group of that name which stands for "Singing And Living Truth". Coincidence? Yeah, probably. :D
:lol:

I was surfing for the spelling too -- anyone here good at Spanish? (I'm not.) Found salteen = from Spanish saltear = to saute...but also to rob, to take by surprise, to assault, some other things, and "to circumvent or gain ascendency over another’s feelings" (!) Legit info on this link? http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/saltear
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Eating dry saltine (cream) crackers was a popular game when I was at uni. My record in a minute was only four :( . Try it with Jacobs cream crackers, its tougher than you think. I think the record was six, partials do not count, believe me seeing Jack licking anything, let alone his fingers after eating 16 would be a sight to see.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

flattop2001 wrote:Eating dry saltine (cream) crackers was a popular game when I was at uni. My record in a minute was only four :( . Try it with Jacobs cream crackers, its tougher than you think. I think the record was six, partials do not count, believe me seeing Jack licking anything, let alone his fingers after eating 16 would be a sight to see.
I've also heard of explanation of a women's hotness by dry biscuits. If she gets you salivating enough to eat sixteen saltines straight, she must be quite fine. We use saos for our scale though, so I don't know the conversion properly to fully understand the song ;)

mysterious edit 1: I can't believe I missed out on the weekend's 4 pages of witty banter. It had some highs and lows, and has clearly identified some mad scrabble players
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

No one is questioning that you dont hold your right to claim some knowledge and professionalism on the subject here
hawke000 wrote: I understand the "industry" pretty well up to this point and to be honest anyone around here knows me well enough that I wouldn't lie to them about this. It is how I pay my rent after all. Do I know anything else? I don't want to explain specifics of exactly how things work because I do it everyday I don't need to re-live it on my days off. 12 - 16 hours a days are enough for me.
Since there are as many films being/already made as hairs on a labrador retriever in winter ... lets just cut to the chase here... you might not have the only set of jobs in the industry which keep people employed/producing and thus its possible that you are not the end all be all authority ... i certainly never said that i was an authority... merely bringing knowledge (21st Century information age in the land of opportunity) to the discussion

Lets just allow folks to read for themselves about the changing standards of film production as industry and its evolutionary forms from these sites:
http://www.filmreference.com/encycloped ... ocess.html
http://www.filmreference.com/encycloped ... NNING.html
http://www.filmreference.com/encycloped ... OCESS.html

SO if you bother to read the truth then everything i said was correct... what i have learned is not wrong simply because its not what you do
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

@ theeradicaleclectic » wow...you like to hear your self type too much for me and never on topic. Guess it's time to add you to the Foe list.

Back on topic. How much do you think you would have to pay fiona to have her spit a slurpee in my mouth?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Stl_ben wrote:@ theeradicaleclectic » wow...you like to hear your self type too much for me and never on topic. Guess it's time to add you to the Foe list.

Back on topic. How much do you think you would have to pay fiona to have her spit a slurpee in my mouth?
sorry... im no foe and you can bank on that ... i am not rippin money from fans pockets or from the TMR to fix my budget or boost my bankroll

as for Fiona... she is an independent woman and might likely just do it for free because she thought it was funny or necessary

you can call her up and ask her or i can give you her email if its really a big deal
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:No one is questioning that you dont hold your right to claim some knowledge and professionalism on the subject here
hawke000 wrote: I understand the "industry" pretty well up to this point and to be honest anyone around here knows me well enough that I wouldn't lie to them about this. It is how I pay my rent after all. Do I know anything else? I don't want to explain specifics of exactly how things work because I do it everyday I don't need to re-live it on my days off. 12 - 16 hours a days are enough for me.
Since there are as many films being/already made as hairs on a labrador retriever in winter ... lets just cut to the chase here... you might not have the only set of jobs in the industry which keep people employed/producing and thus its possible that you are not the end all be all authority ... i certainly never said that i was an authority... merely bringing knowledge (21st Century information age in the land of opportunity) to the discussion

Lets just allow folks to read for themselves about the changing standards of film production as industry and its evolutionary forms from these sites:
http://www.filmreference.com/encycloped ... ocess.html
http://www.filmreference.com/encycloped ... NNING.html
http://www.filmreference.com/encycloped ... OCESS.html

SO if you bother to read the truth then everything i said was correct... what i have learned is not wrong simply because its not what you do
Around these parts I am the authority. You have no idea what I have worked on. Something you didnt know about the film industry, its really small... Please stop talking every post you slowly make a fool out of yourself.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Stop being a fascist ... whomever you are there is no place for denying people their opinions on the basis of your own opinion

Hawke... its possible that we know the same people then? great ... but obviously i dont appreciate the small mindedness of the industry

As you can tell i am hardly worried about your authority so just use it for your own good and not to make the film world even smaller and more narrow-minded as some exclusivity clause of how production can occur because there is not a person today who doesnt see that the traditional industry is pumping out more retread films than ever with the formulaic genius of a thimble

Save for a few gifted directors like Scorses Burton Verbinski Aronofsky who actually continue to develop and explore the principal production as an open prospect embracing all the arts ... as opposed to ones like Speilberg or Cameron who just dump money on all things technically advanced... the industry has gone straight to shit as a multi-billion dollar complex due to its addictions and predilections needing to monopolize not only production vision but also the value of the screen writer in these processes

Yes 'the industry' has become small as in marginalized while being based upon blind workhorse travel routes with little variation just for the sake of money crunched slave driving ethics that suit the whims of lawyers and insurance agents

smaller independent productions do need the help of production studios but they do not need to have a plastic box placed over their heads ... call me whatever name you want and tell me i dont know anything but i do think at some point there is more conversation with a larger group of people who see and well understand everything that i have stated here... yes you are entitled to your opinion but no you are not speaking as an executive

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sixteen Saltines as a short film really does have powerful imagery which was not crafted well consistently due to lack of time on the part of the director... the concept base is there and nearly complete as a collection of vignettes save for a few specifically unresolved elements which may have been worked out with more time and attention to accomplishing specific scenic transitions associated with the transfer of symbolic counterparts

Without a doubt the audience gets a sense of juxtapositioned values between the man-made and the natural as a means of understanding that which cannot last and those things which are at greatest risk... absolutes such as innocence and hope and aggression have been delivered to the forefront of this clash between what is and what ought to be in a way that nearly guarantees the view a swift resolution of destruction and abandon ... the question is whose destruction and what sort of abandon becomes the real point of resolution in this short film with a soundtrack that does not break pace or relent in its vehement revelation of a raw world in which children play adult games as a matter of getting back to the truth of their nature

this is a review and its not in anyway amateurish or to be regarded as fodder for foolishness
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Stop being a fascist ... whomever you are there is no place for denying people their opinions on the basis of your own opinion

Hawke... its possible that we know the same people then? great ... but obviously i dont appreciate the small mindedness of the industry

As you can tell i am hardly worried about your authority so just use it for your own good and not to make the film world even smaller and more narrow-minded as some exclusivity clause of how production can occur because there is not a person today who doesnt see that the traditional industry is pumping out more retread films than ever with the formulaic genius of a thimble

Save for a few gifted directors like Scorses Burton Verbinski Aronofsky who actually continue to develop and explore the principal production as an open prospect embracing all the arts ... as opposed to ones like Speilberg or Cameron who just dump money on all things technically advanced... the industry has gone straight to shit as a multi-billion dollar complex due to its addictions and predilections needing to monopolize not only production vision but also the value of the screen writer in these processes

Yes 'the industry' has become small as in marginalized while being based upon blind workhorse travel routes with little variation just for the sake of money crunched slave driving ethics that suit the whims of lawyers and insurance agents

smaller independent productions do need the help of production studios but they do not need to have a plastic box placed over their heads ... call me whatever name you want and tell me i dont know anything but i do think at some point there is more conversation with a larger group of people who see and well understand everything that i have stated here... yes you are entitled to your opinion but no you are not speaking as an executive

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sixteen Saltines as a short film really does have powerful imagery which was not crafted well consistently due to lack of time on the part of the director... the concept base is there and nearly complete as a collection of vignettes save for a few specifically unresolved elements which may have been worked out with more time and attention to accomplishing specific scenic transitions associated with the transfer of symbolic counterparts

Without a doubt the audience gets a sense of juxtapositioned values between the man-made and the natural as a means of understanding that which cannot last and those things which are at greatest risk... absolutes such as innocence and hope and aggression have been delivered to the forefront of this clash between what is and what ought to be in a way that nearly guarantees the view a swift resolution of destruction and abandon ... the question is whose destruction and what sort of abandon becomes the real point of resolution in this short film with a soundtrack that does not break pace or relent in its vehement revelation of a raw world in which children play adult games as a matter of getting back to the truth of their nature

this is a review and its not in anyway amateurish or to be regarded as fodder for foolishness

I'm certainly not dignifying what you said with an answer, you are extremely wrong in so many ways. The best way to get rid of rude people like you is to ignore and that's what I plan to do. You do have a large vocabulary but manners is the last thing you are capable of possessing. I usually don't let this kind of thing under my skin and I'm not now. To see you tell me about my life's work thus far and tell me it's "wrong" based on a few details I left out on purpose is crazy. You truly are the worst kind of people. Please stop responding.

For being so smart, you really are stupid.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

so you feel that all this boils down to me being rude? ... that is ignorance in a nutshell ... the world is big and the film industry is getting smaller every day because people within it cannot discuss it... we can agree on that much ... it started with stage craft and competitive mentalities that had to make others look bad to aggrandize their own value it will end with radio... the arts is no place to practice scarcity theory if you want to share creative vision

i have not forgotten how your private message wanted information from me without giving any about yourself... there was never grounds for you being an honest person with me given how you choose to establish a neutral ground of acceptable discussion even before we began to discuss your career as some form of authority to cast a shadow on others opinions based upon maybe 10 years of work in an industry that is maybe 110 years old ... very very narrow game you play here with your authority and clearly it is a game that neither of us can finance on our own

am i stupid or just refusing to be dependent upon the kindness someone who lives in fear and paranoia? live free man
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

THIRD NERD FIGHT!

seriously, take a look at yourselves right now. fighting on the internet about a jack white music video?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

dcmak5 wrote:THIRD NERD FIGHT!

seriously, take a look at yourselves right now. fighting on the internet about a jack white music video?
you rock! .. but i rock too!