Sixteen Saltines Music Video

snippets and snails
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: Sixteen Saltines Music Video

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I agree with 21x3, from what we've seen, Jack is very particular about all the details and wants to be involved with every aspect. Between mixing and producing music, artwork, even down to the details in designing TMR's headquarters. I highly doubt Jack would let the director take over his first solo music video and do something that wasn't exactly how he envisioned it.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I'd agree with that--at the same time, though, I don't think his career's riding on this, or any, video.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

The music is the shit. The video is shit. Kickballs? Kick my balls and I kick the shit out of you. Shit... 8-)
That's all I got out of the past 3 pages. Pretty productive for a Saturday.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Finally watched this thing. I enjoyed it. I like puppies and cheerleaders. Thought the Fiona spewing blue stuff part was great. Did Ryan just announce he's organizing a RSD kickball game?
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

cwja wrote:Finally watched this thing. I enjoyed it. I like puppies and cheerleaders. Thought the Fiona spewing blue stuff part was great. Did Ryan just announce he's organizing a RSD kickball game?
Shit...what have I done?! :shock:
Well, if my ride agrees there's room in the paddy wagon for a kickball, I suppose we MIGHT be able to squeeze in a game! Now, if we can get the homeless shelter on-board to let us play in their lot, I think we'd have a game. How about a charity kickball game? $5 to enter and all proceeds go to the shelter? ;) It sure would make the time go by more quickly.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
switch5150
Little Bird

Post by switch5150 »

mojoryan wrote:
cwja wrote:Finally watched this thing. I enjoyed it. I like puppies and cheerleaders. Thought the Fiona spewing blue stuff part was great. Did Ryan just announce he's organizing a RSD kickball game?
Shit...what have I done?! :shock:
Well, if my ride agrees there's room in the paddy wagon for a kickball, I suppose we MIGHT be able to squeeze in a game! Now, if we can get the homeless shelter on-board to let us play in their lot, I think we'd have a game. How about a charity kickball game? $5 to enter and all proceeds go to the shelter? ;) It sure would make the time go by more quickly.
OH SHIT! If I could make it from CA to Nashville for this, I would be all over it. RSD at TMR might even take a backseat to the kickball. No that's not true...Liquid-filled records must be had before liquid-filled fun ensues. See what I did there?

But seriously, I'm jealous of all of you who get to partake in RSD at TMR. I would LOVE one of the gushers LP, but also just the experience of that day in that location. I just hope my store out here gets one of the etched singles.
I apologize for nothing!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Kickball... loads better than bombardament and lots more group participation... maybe even a flash mob scenario... that would be somethin

Just to be clear about my comment regarding the impact of the video on a persons career... i was a little more on to the insinuation that this director may have not worked out relative to lack of planning or communications with regards to finishing edit process with producer Mr. White
Aquamarine wrote:I'd agree with that--at the same time, though, I don't think his career's riding on this, or any, video
orangeshoeskid wrote:I agree with 21x3, from what we've seen, Jack is very particular about all the details and wants to be involved with every aspect. Between mixing and producing music, artwork, even down to the details in designing TMR's headquarters. I highly doubt Jack would let the director take over his first solo music video and do something that wasn't exactly how he envisioned it
21x3 wrote:well, i'm not going say that "if i know jack...", because i don't, but i'm just going to go by past history, but, i'm pretty sure nothing gets the jack white stamp without jack's final approval. to assume that something as big as a video for his first solo effort gets past him, would be naive.
After witnessing what trying to have a major career and an immaculate house will do to a person... namely my sister... i will go one step into the margin with the idea that Jack White as a person might be transitioning his 'stamp of approval' as Mr. White the artist and producer who realizes how many responsibilities there are to coordinate as a director and editor working in a streamline promotion setting

films are some of the most complicated sets of conditions to coordinate... As we saw with Terry Gilliam and that Man from LaMancha film... a director can put peoples lives in danger just for the sake of getting whichever atmosphere or angle or set of conditions they believe are 'ideal' ... Gilliam rented an active target range for the military to be the place where he was shooting his film and they didnt know it until one night in their tents the planes dropped bombs
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Kickball... loads better than bombardament and lots more group participation... maybe even a flash mob scenario... that would be somethin

Just to be clear about my comment regarding the impact of the video on a persons career... i was a little more on to the insinuation that this director may have not worked out relative to lack of planning or communications with regards to finishing edit process with producer Mr. White
Aquamarine wrote:I'd agree with that--at the same time, though, I don't think his career's riding on this, or any, video
orangeshoeskid wrote:I agree with 21x3, from what we've seen, Jack is very particular about all the details and wants to be involved with every aspect. Between mixing and producing music, artwork, even down to the details in designing TMR's headquarters. I highly doubt Jack would let the director take over his first solo music video and do something that wasn't exactly how he envisioned it
21x3 wrote:well, i'm not going say that "if i know jack...", because i don't, but i'm just going to go by past history, but, i'm pretty sure nothing gets the jack white stamp without jack's final approval. to assume that something as big as a video for his first solo effort gets past him, would be naive.
After witnessing what trying to have a major career and an immaculate house will do to a person... namely my sister... i will go one step into the margin with the idea that Jack White as a person might be transitioning his 'stamp of approval' as Mr. White the artist and producer who realizes how many responsibilities there are to coordinate as a director and editor working in a streamline promotion setting

films are some of the most complicated sets of conditions to coordinate... As we saw with Terry Gilliam and that Man from LaMancha film... a director can put peoples lives in danger just for the sake of getting whichever atmosphere or angle or set of conditions they believe are 'ideal' ... Gilliam rented an active target range for the military to be the place where he was shooting his film and they didnt know it until one night in their tents the planes dropped bombs
oh, shut up already.
he is everything i hate...
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Kickball... loads better than bombardament and lots more group participation... maybe even a flash mob scenario... that would be somethin

Coming from someone that works in the film industry you dont know what you are talking about...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Really?? so... you think i dont know about setting up a shoot or maybe you feel that i dont have a clue how much responsibility a production assistant might have in arranging a series of shoots... possibly equipment wise you dont think that i am familiar with lighting or mobile designs?? what is it?

i am glad you have come to me about this hawke... actually i think you and i could compare quite a few notes... the film industry is not only made of commercial sources of production and is also not only limited to one streamline process of development in production ... could it be that i dont understand how confusion between storyboard editing shared with director and producer can get off track? is there a chance i dont know Gilliam?

if you can please take the time to explain exactly which points of production and direction you are referencing because i think you may not really be specific enough to actually let anyone know what part of my discussion you happen to disagree with... so let us have some of your wisdom and dont let others corral you into shutting down your professional perspectives or own personal creative opinions if you will

i dont mind listening or hearing when you think i am off base but i do mind not having a clue as to your own perspective on production etc.
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:i am glad you have come to me about this hawke... actually i think you and i could compare quite a few notes... the film industry is not only made of commercial sources of production and is also not only limited to one streamline process of development in production

if you can please take the time to explain exactly which points of production and direction you are referencing because i think you may not really be specific enough to actually let anyone know what part of my discussion you happen to disagree with... so let us have some of your wisdom and dont let others corral you into shutting down your professional perspectives or own personal creative opinions if you will

i dont mind listening or hearing when you think i am off base but i do mind not having a clue as to your own perspective on production etc.
Worked in the commercial industry as an assistant editor, editor lab technician and on set for features as well. I understand how the process works from pre to post including client revisions and approvals. You arent making sense. I dont feel like getting into detail either regardless of what response i know ill get.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

commercial production and arts based production values and means of process are really different worlds hawke
hawke000 wrote:I dont feel like getting into detail either regardless of what response i know ill get.
already i can see that you are talking about one particular set of experiences and not a vast understanding of diverse forms of film industry

this is my point... you are sure fire to establish authority and quick to grab what i wrote as i was editing it and then fire full guns at the moving target which is my opinion according to the productions which i have had my fingertips in ... maybe you should read the content post edit and consider it

i often use the word industry to encompass the concepts of equipment as industry standard and at times contractual law but from my view i would never make the assumption that i knew all the ways that there are to make a film or that each director/producer relationship was essentially the same... of all mediums/multimedia dimensions i would have to say that film is the most unique in its processes and protocols from producer to producer... so what do you think of aronofskys production style or maybe we could get right into the fantasy world of gilliam

likely not... we can discuss this in the pm area if you feel less pressure... im not worried if others have a look at what we discuss at this point
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Well feel free to discuss it somewhere relevent...I like the video and I think I am going to watch it again right now...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Stl_ben wrote:Well feel free to discuss it somewhere relevent...I like the video and I think I am going to watch it again right now...
i enjoy it more every time that i watch it... see and hear more and more sense out of it as a matter of knowing that kids learned from it also
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Soo.... just to get this thread back on track and rollin with the rails of the discussion moving forward

sixteen saltines is apparently a game that people play to eat that many crackers in some limited number of time with no water

there may or may not be some science involved in the impossibility of this due to the flour/salt/saliva ratio

for me the tag 'Salteens' dropped on the video by a jovial Mr. White also gives me a new perspective