Sixteen Saltines Music Video

snippets and snails
hawke000

Re: Sixteen Saltines Music Video

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:so you feel that all this boils down to me being rude? ... that is ignorance in a nutshell ... the world is big and the film industry is getting smaller every day because people within it cannot discuss it... we can agree on that much ... it started with stage craft and competitive mentalities that had to make others look bad to aggrandize their own value it will end with radio... the arts is no place to practice scarcity theory if you want to share creative vision

i have not forgotten how your private message wanted information from me without giving any about yourself... there was never grounds for you being an honest person with me given how you choose to establish a neutral ground of acceptable discussion even before we began to discuss your career as some form of authority to cast a shadow on others opinions based upon maybe 10 years of work in an industry that is maybe 110 years old ... very very narrow game you play here with your authority and clearly it is a game that neither of us can finance on our own
It's not that I don't want to discuss it, just simply that I don't want to discuss it with you because I don't like you.

Lawyers are manipulative dickheads btw, just wanted to be sure you knew that.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

sorry you dont like that big sucking sound going on d.
hawke000 wrote: It's not that I don't want to discuss it, just simply that I don't want to discuss it with you because I don't like you.

yeah... lawyers suck... but i am not a lawyer and i also think that banks suck and crooked judges suck supremely as well

as for you liking or disliking me... thats a non-issue as well given that i told the mods here long ago that i figured you to be high strung

no need to offend you but the world is full of enough negative control freaks for all of us ... El Dude as off topic ad hominem hater duly noted
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:sorry you dont like that big sucking sound going on d.
hawke000 wrote: It's not that I don't want to discuss it, just simply that I don't want to discuss it with you because I don't like you.

yeah... lawyers suck... but i am not a lawyer and i also think that banks suck and crooked judges suck supremely as well

as for you liking or disliking me... thats a non-issue as well given that i told the mods here long ago that i figured you to be high strung

no need to offend you but the world is full of enough negative control freaks for all of us ... El Dude as off topic ad hominem hater duly noted
I figured you were a troll so I played along, now I know for sure you are. I give you a 6 / 10. The landing wasn't great, Eldude has more stamina.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Bollocks... the lot of you are trolls for taking this thread off topic and for your own weiner waving of what you think is a really big stick with your 'cant talk about what i know so that you will find me unapproachable beyond measure' attitudes which only establish partial authority in a wide open opinion zone of creativity... bah... please... have some more last words and enjoy yourself ... we still have the semblance of a free country at least ... for now

rottsa ruck scooby
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

just a reminder of what this thread is supposed to be focusing upon

man... nature... kids... food... shit is goin down the drain despite the relationships we tend to favor

its really that simple
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Can we just lock this thread? It appears it's run it's coarse.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

rsimms3 wrote:Can we just lock this thread? It appears it's run it's coarse.
*course

anywho - don't whine about the thread. anyone put a gun to your head to force you to click into it?

also, theeradicalish is a dumbass. hurp.
he is everything i hate...
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

hawke000 wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:Stop being a fascist ... whomever you are there is no place for denying people their opinions on the basis of your own opinion

Hawke... its possible that we know the same people then? great ... but obviously i dont appreciate the small mindedness of the industry

As you can tell i am hardly worried about your authority so just use it for your own good and not to make the film world even smaller and more narrow-minded as some exclusivity clause of how production can occur because there is not a person today who doesnt see that the traditional industry is pumping out more retread films than ever with the formulaic genius of a thimble

Save for a few gifted directors like Scorses Burton Verbinski Aronofsky who actually continue to develop and explore the principal production as an open prospect embracing all the arts ... as opposed to ones like Speilberg or Cameron who just dump money on all things technically advanced... the industry has gone straight to shit as a multi-billion dollar complex due to its addictions and predilections needing to monopolize not only production vision but also the value of the screen writer in these processes

Yes 'the industry' has become small as in marginalized while being based upon blind workhorse travel routes with little variation just for the sake of money crunched slave driving ethics that suit the whims of lawyers and insurance agents

smaller independent productions do need the help of production studios but they do not need to have a plastic box placed over their heads ... call me whatever name you want and tell me i dont know anything but i do think at some point there is more conversation with a larger group of people who see and well understand everything that i have stated here... yes you are entitled to your opinion but no you are not speaking as an executive

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sixteen Saltines as a short film really does have powerful imagery which was not crafted well consistently due to lack of time on the part of the director... the concept base is there and nearly complete as a collection of vignettes save for a few specifically unresolved elements which may have been worked out with more time and attention to accomplishing specific scenic transitions associated with the transfer of symbolic counterparts

Without a doubt the audience gets a sense of juxtapositioned values between the man-made and the natural as a means of understanding that which cannot last and those things which are at greatest risk... absolutes such as innocence and hope and aggression have been delivered to the forefront of this clash between what is and what ought to be in a way that nearly guarantees the view a swift resolution of destruction and abandon ... the question is whose destruction and what sort of abandon becomes the real point of resolution in this short film with a soundtrack that does not break pace or relent in its vehement revelation of a raw world in which children play adult games as a matter of getting back to the truth of their nature

this is a review and its not in anyway amateurish or to be regarded as fodder for foolishness

I'm certainly not dignifying what you said with an answer, you are extremely wrong in so many ways. The best way to get rid of rude people like you is to ignore and that's what I plan to do. You do have a large vocabulary but manners is the last thing you are capable of possessing. I usually don't let this kind of thing under my skin and I'm not now. To see you tell me about my life's work thus far and tell me it's "wrong" based on a few details I left out on purpose is crazy. You truly are the worst kind of people. Please stop responding.

For being so smart, you really are stupid.

So what do you 2 think of the growing importance of crowd funding for the financing, marketing and distribution of films; new opportunities for non-English language cinema in the world of new media; and the role of BRIC in a changing financing landscape?

Also, how long should cinema audiences have to wait until we can watch a movie on DVD?

Oh yeah, that video is not for me on so many levels. 8-)
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

elduderino wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Can we just lock this thread? It appears it's run it's coarse.
*course

anywho - don't whine about the thread. anyone put a gun to your head to force you to click into it?

also, theeradicalish is a dumbass. hurp.
It's a pun, shall I link you to dictionary.com for the definition? i.e. coarse language

I didn't whine, if I were whining I'd say something like "Can't you guys just get along? This is just horrible that people can't resolve their differences on the internet and just be civil to each other. No one should put down another person just because of their beliefs. We should stand tall as a community and respect each other." THAT would be whining.

On your other point....can't disagree with you there.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

actually ... not being the dumbass who had to retort over a perceived mispelling... i got your pun ... so enjoy that for the contradiction that it is

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& on topic &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sixteen Saltines as a short film really does have powerful imagery which was not crafted well consistently due to lack of time on the part of the director... the concept base is there and nearly complete as a collection of vignettes save for a few specifically unresolved elements which may have been worked out with more time and attention to accomplishing specific scenic transitions associated with the transfer of symbolic counterparts

Without a doubt the audience gets a sense of juxtapositioned values between the man-made and the natural as a means of understanding that which cannot last and those things which are at greatest risk... absolutes such as innocence and hope and aggression have been delivered to the forefront of this clash between what is and what ought to be in a way that nearly guarantees the view a swift resolution of destruction and abandon ... the question is whose destruction and what sort of abandon becomes the real point of resolution in this short film with a soundtrack that does not break pace or relent in its vehement revelation of a raw world in which children play adult games as a matter of getting back to the truth of their nature

deal with it or be another troll
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

deal with it or be another troll
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Sixteen Saltines Music Video

Post by rsimms3 »

Gotta say, it's a bit weird. A cross between Lord of the Flies and Mad Max.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Sixteen Saltines as a short film really does have powerful imagery which was not crafted well consistently due to lack of time on the part of the director... the concept base is there and nearly complete as a collection of vignettes that set up the conflicts as a series of narratives ... sadly the audience has to go frame by frame to make sense of lyric correlation

Save for a few specifically unresolved elements which may have been worked out with more time and attention to accomplishing specific scenic transitions associated with the transfer of symbolic counterparts.. without a doubt the audience gets a sense of values in juxtaposition between man-made objects as mental domains and the natural world albeit supernatural truth possible in the world as a means of understanding that which cannot last and those things which are at greatest risk... absolutes such as innocence/hope/aggression are delivered to the forefront of this clash between what is and what ought to be in a way that most certainly delivers a swift resolution of destruction as abandon

the question becomes whose destruction and what sort of abandon ... rock star by his fans or kids by society.. or both?

the most disconcerting resolution for the viewrs of this short film is the of the unwillingness of the featured soundtrack which shows no mercy and does not break pace or skip a beat in its relentless vehemence of revelation emoting a raw world of decay as the truth surrounding children who play adult games as a matter of finding the truth of their nature
21x3
Little Bird

Post by 21x3 »

jeezuz, let it go already. :roll:
We are in a world all our own. Nobody understands any of this. I just try not to talk about it too much.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Sixteen Saltines as a short film really does have powerful imagery which was not crafted well consistently due to lack of time on the part of the director... the concept base is there and nearly complete as a collection of vignettes that set up the conflicts as a series of narratives ... sadly the audience has to go frame by frame to make sense of lyric correlation

Save for a few specifically unresolved elements which may have been worked out with more time and attention to accomplishing specific scenic transitions associated with the transfer of symbolic counterparts.. without a doubt the audience gets a sense of values in juxtaposition between man-made objects as mental domains and the natural world albeit supernatural truth possible in the world as a means of understanding that which cannot last and those things which are at greatest risk... absolutes such as innocence/hope/aggression are delivered to the forefront of this clash between what is and what ought to be in a way that most certainly delivers a swift resolution of destruction as abandon

the question becomes whose destruction and what sort of abandon ... rock star by his fans or kids by society.. or both?

the most disconcerting resolution for the viewrs of this short film is the of the unwillingness of the featured soundtrack which shows no mercy and does not break pace or skip a beat in its relentless vehemence of revelation emoting a raw world of decay as the truth surrounding children who play adult games as a matter of finding the truth of their nature
:roll: your posts give me a headache.
Last edited by gdm on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.