Sixteen Saltines Music Video

snippets and snails
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: Sixteen Saltines Music Video

Post by elduderino »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Sixteen Saltines as a short film really does have powerful imagery which was not crafted well consistently due to lack of time on the part of the director... the concept base is there and nearly complete as a collection of vignettes that set up the conflicts as a series of narratives ... sadly the audience has to go frame by frame to make sense of lyric correlation

Save for a few specifically unresolved elements which may have been worked out with more time and attention to accomplishing specific scenic transitions associated with the transfer of symbolic counterparts.. without a doubt the audience gets a sense of values in juxtaposition between man-made objects as mental domains and the natural world albeit supernatural truth possible in the world as a means of understanding that which cannot last and those things which are at greatest risk... absolutes such as innocence/hope/aggression are delivered to the forefront of this clash between what is and what ought to be in a way that most certainly delivers a swift resolution of destruction as abandon

the question becomes whose destruction and what sort of abandon ... rock star by his fans or kids by society.. or both?

the most disconcerting resolution for the viewrs of this short film is the of the unwillingness of the featured soundtrack which shows no mercy and does not break pace or skip a beat in its relentless vehemence of revelation emoting a raw world of decay as the truth surrounding children who play adult games as a matter of finding the truth of their nature
you just can't help yourself, can you? i think spewing your pretentious bullshit is like an involuntary action you have little control over.

also, hurp.
he is everything i hate...
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

This is a sadly, bad review. Assumptive leaps and definitive statements that are beyond what is concrete.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

LaurieAK wrote:This is a sadly, bad review. Assumptive leaps and definitive statements that are beyond what is concrete.
assessement appreciated... negative or otherwise its all just opinion with information and its really that simple to accept another persons opinion

as for all that involuntary response stuff and the questionable 'who's jealous who's jealous of who' ordeal of egos ... its not why i am here
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

:arrow:
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

I like Crackers, espec. saltines.

Wonder bread, meh, not so much.

The video, whilst not ground breaking, is def.more entertaining than most, but like Big Lar said, very Gummo-esque, and like The EroticElectricalBlanket said Blah Blah Blah blah ..."...powerful imagery...." Blah blah bah BA Blah........and like cwja said-".... I like puppies and cheerleaders." an like mojo said-"Shit...what have I done?!" but i think Hawke put it best..."...from pre to post including client revisions and approvals...".... :D And the song?-really good.
The two together, again-Meh. Im not one for videos, Pearl Jams "Jeremy" was the last great music video dealing with the actual song for me. After that, videos turned into an "ART".
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
LaurieAK wrote:This is a sadly, bad review. Assumptive leaps and definitive statements that are beyond what is concrete.
assessement appreciated... negative or otherwise its all just opinion with information and its really that simple to accept another persons opinion

as for all that involuntary response stuff and the questionable 'who's jealous who's jealous of who' ordeal of egos ... its not why i am here
yeah, jealous. like, totally.

so, why are you here? need the audience that turns it's back on you?
he is everything i hate...
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Where did all the fucking posts go?? This place is getting screwy.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

The old thread was locked and a new one was opened, hoping to get everything back on topic.. looks like it didn't work...