Blunderbuss listening party @TMR: vault contest

snippets and snails
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Re: Blunderbuss listening party @TMR: vault contest

Post by texascyclone »

Aquamarine wrote:
kalv04 wrote:Well I'm glad this is all over with and congratulations to those who won! I did'nt win, but my good friend did. I would just like to say that it is a shame this took 4 days to sort out. It really pisses me off that people entered who could'nt make it. Aside from severe illness or death there is absolutely no good excuse for being chosen and not going. To hear someone say that they could'nt get off work or get a plane ticket is utter bullshit. You knew you would have to do that when you sent the email....duh. Not trying to be mean, but that's the way it is. Now that I got that off my chest, hope all the winners have the time of your life and I hope all the people who entered and declined get mono;)
I don't think death is a good enough excuse, myself.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I agree
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I still don't understand what it is to you. You're pissed? You think people should be blacklisted and contract mono? That's nice.

Your misplaced rage aside, there's one person who feels even worse than you and that would be the fellow fan who won the lottery and couldn't cash it in because her real life took precedence.

Your post rubbed me the wrong way. It's selfish and arrogant. And only serves to 1) stir up trouble and, 2) make that fan feel like shit. Mean people piss me off.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

plus one on what ara just wrote.

mike - we know each other. i also know the person in question who had to back out. apparently her work (oh no) took precedence at the last minute. and she feels awful about not being able to go. who wouldn't???

i don't see how this is an terrible inconvenience on TMR's part. um, all they need to do is stick their hand back in the fishbowl and draw another name. how hard is that? in fact, it kept the suspense going for a bit - waiting to see if another swirlie's name might pop up.

this was no big deal really. well, not for TMR, or you. for the person in question it was, sure...

[edit] = kalv04, aquamarine - what if you had gotten an email from swank starting with "hey, since someone had to back out from the listening party, we thought we'd invite you instead..."?
he is everything i hate...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

i feel bad that i would be capable of going to the listening party a little more than others who live so far away but also i feel like there are so many variables involved in taking a trip right now that things could go bottoms up too fast in the situations where i share responsibility with others ... and some of these things are an hour by hour process of legal documentation which is not good on the nerves anyhow when it comes to property and filing papers by certain days etc. (my least favorite)

as a matter of fact ... one of my coworkers wound up in the hospital overnight and all her work became my work in a short matter of hours now indefinitely... talk about crazy making... luckily i track what she does already because she is elderly and i dont believe in leaving things to chance... whats killing me is that it is also affecting my ability to make plans to see the shows and actually take off and just go

some types of work are deadly serious and you just cant leave it to chance ... that i live by myself ... but on the other hand this thing with modlife is also crazy... lots of people who have trouble with modlife end up starting multiple accounts just to try to get in when it locks you out or starts erasing your account

i had this happen so often that i just quit going there some time ago... i dont seem to be able to find the place where you can delete accounts and so there is this awkward set of accounts out there that got to various stages of upload and then were abandoned... anyone know who to email to fix all that

so.. back to the salt mines with a hammer for me at this point... :cry:
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

texascyclone wrote:Thanks for the PIZZA it was excellent
next time save some for me
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Aw man. I feel so bad for those that got chosen and couldn't go. I can't even imagine how bummed I would be!
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

elduderino wrote: [edit] = kalv04, aquamarine - what if you had gotten an email from swank starting with "hey, since someone had to back out from the listening party, we thought we'd invite you instead..."?

That was kinda my point.

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well here, huh?

(You really thought I was saying death wasn't good enough? :shock: --"Well, hell, you could get your casket airshipped there, there's a whole underworld demographic waiting to be represented . . ")
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

2crazikids wrote:Aw man. I feel so bad for those that got chosen and couldn't go. I can't even imagine how bummed I would be!
Why would you feel bummed for them? if anything, you should be a little pissed that they entered when they clearly knew they couldn't go. The directions stated that "If you can't make it, don't enter the draw"...

If anything, they're causing more work for the folks at TMR...kind of a dickish thing to do really...

Edit: Going back and reading more of this thread, it seems there's quite a divide about this. How can it be defended? if you didn't know if you could get it off work, don't enter. It's not that hard to run u to your employer and say "Hey, I might get chosen for a really exciting and rare trip/opportunity. It's really short notice but if I get chosen, do you think it would be possible go get these three days off?" if they say no, don't enter.
Last edited by rival on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

rival wrote:
2crazikids wrote:Aw man. I feel so bad for those that got chosen and couldn't go. I can't even imagine how bummed I would be!
Why would you feel bummed for them? if anything, you should be a little pissed that they entered when they clearly knew they couldn't go. The directions stated that "If you can't make it, don't enter the draw"...

If anything, they're causing more work for the folks at TMR...kind of a dickish thing to do really...
Unbelievable.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
rival wrote:

Unbelievable.

Relax.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

patchwork wrote:
texascyclone wrote:Thanks for the PIZZA it was excellent
next time save some for me
had I known you wer coming I sure would have.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Please note, the listening party will be on February 21st at 12 noon at Third Man Records in Nashville. Please only enter if you know for certain that you will be able to attend!
If you win, your spot is non-transferable. Winning reserves a spot for ONE person only, no guests please.

Seems fairly self-explanatory to me. I don't wish any ill on those who are incapable of following simple instructions but I'm not going to feel bad for them either. In the end it looks like at least one more swirler got in because of it and that's a good thing. If I'd have gotten one of the second chance invites a day later it would have made it a little more hassle to attend but I certainly wouldn't have spent any time being pissed about that. I'd have been too busy celebrating going at all. It's not as if someone didn't get to go because that person couldn't attend. Hope all of the lucky winners have a great time!
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

:?:
Last edited by texascyclone on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

texascyclone wrote:
But that doesnt eleiviate the sense of loss for those who entered then didnt win and then found out that some entered and couldnt go or never intended to. I would equate that some of the sentiments I have read on this post relating certain flippers hiring bums to buy records serious collectors pay huge sums to own.
Why should people feel a sense of loss because someone won and then couldn't go? That just means somebody else gets to go. There's no parallel with flippers, the substitute winner didn't get the opportunity through any kind of devious means, but somebody else's misfortune.
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

I stated my opinion that's all. I don't really wish people ill.....sarcasm. Nevertheless, still my opinion and I don't really care who it pissed off. Getting angry or having a difference in opinion is a normal, healthy part of life. Get over it, I am.
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat