Blunderbuss listening party @TMR: vault contest

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Blunderbuss listening party @TMR: vault contest

Post by Kali Durga »

Such a shame that something so amazingly cool is causing discord. I'll admit that I was on the edge of my seat from 12 noon on Tuesday through the end of the day yesterday, and my heart sank when Swank posted that the list was complete. I wanted it so much. But that doesn't prevent me from being happy for the people who were chosen, and I hope they have every bit as incredible an experience as my fevered imagination has been dreaming of all week. And I cannot wait to hear about it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Now if somebody that was picked doesn't turn up on the days thats bad. This stuffs just nothing.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I know TMR usually does what they say, I hope the party is special for the chosen few that go, but........if it is as advertised, just a listening party, I wouldn't cross the whole country to go. I'm just 2 hours away so I would love to have been chosen. Then, what if Jack performs in Nashville a few days later, gonna have to turn around and come right back.
I don't know, I hope the winners get some treats, but they were not promised?

Anyhow, really no need to argue, shit happens. I kind of agree with both sides, but it is not cool/very uncouth to wish death on anybody,even jokingly. Not funny.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

hawke000 wrote:Image
:lol:
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Back on topic, the Nashville trip has doused an already great week with beef gravy. I can't wait to see what is beyond that hallway - to kick back, relax, and let new music soak into my brain cells.

Happiness is having someone to flip the record for you... :)
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Back on topic, the Nashville trip has doused an already great week with beef gravy. I can't wait to see what is beyond that hallway - to kick back, relax, and let new music soak into my brain cells.

Happiness is having someone to flip the record for you... :)
Perfect. Exactly how I feel.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

kalv04 wrote: and I hope all the people who entered and declined get mono;)
Once i went to the bathroom, and thought i had to shit. Ended up just being a fart. But glad i went to the bathroom anyways.
Don't be sore, life motto: SHIT DOES HAPPEN!!!

Sometimes it happens at the last minute, so you better be prepared. The one gal i know that entered and then couldn't go is one of the most upstanding Vault Platinum Members there is. And i hope she doesn't get mono or a casket. Not sure what type of person or personality would want that for someone.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

BluefordT wrote:
Once i went to the bathroom, and thought i had to shit. Ended up just being a fart. But glad i went to the bathroom anyways.

Sometimes it happens at the last minute, so you better be prepared. The one gal i know that entered and then couldn't go is one of the most upstanding Vault Platinum Members there is. And i hope she doesn't get mono or a casket. Not sure what type of person or personality would want that for someone.
First of all you're about 2 days late to a sour conversation that had been put to rest, aka bringing up old shit. Second of all it looks like you got your facts all messed up. Who wished death on anyone? I must have missed that. And the mono thing was me being facetious or sarcastic. Go look those two words up in a dictionary and chill out a little. What I wrote in my original post was not a personal attack on anyone. I have no idea who backed out and don't care to know. There were at least 3-4 of them and it does'nt matter who. I realize shit happens and that is understandable, but to say to you could'nt afford the plane tickets is'nt. Just a simple point I was making that rubbed some the wrong way. I'm finished explaining myself and I'm not gonna bother posting it, but just imagine a huge picture of someone beating a dead horse pasted below. Sorry for the derailment, let's let this thread get back to it's purpose of spreading joy now. :)
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

kalv04 wrote:
BluefordT wrote:

First of all you're about 2 days late to a sour conversation that had been put to rest, aka bringing up old shit. Second of all it looks like you got your facts all messed up. Who wished death on anyone? I must have missed that. And the mono thing was me being facetious or sarcastic. Go look those two words up in a dictionary and chill out a little. What I wrote in my original post was not a personal attack on anyone. I have no idea who backed out and don't care to know. There were at least 3-4 of them and it does'nt matter who. I realize shit happens and that is understandable, but to say to you could'nt afford the plane tickets is'nt. Just a simple point I was making that rubbed some the wrong way. I'm finished explaining myself and I'm not gonna bother posting it, but just imagine a huge picture of someone beating a dead horse pasted below. Sorry for the derailment, let's let this thread get back to it's purpose of spreading joy now. :)

Just dont wish me mono cause im slow, i have several DICKtionaries at my disposal. Your post sounded mean spirited.

"I hope TMR blacklists everybody that won and then declined from all future contests." ReALLY?

When we met you did not come across to me as a vindictive person.

vin·dic·tive/vinˈdiktiv/
Adjective:
Having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.

"While there is alot of humor incorporated in what I said, yes I'm serious."

hu·mor/ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
Noun:
The quality of being amusing or comic, esp. as expressed in literature or speech.

mean spirited:
Having a base, nasty, petty, or malevolent disposition.

se·ri·ous/ˈsi(ə)rēəs/
Adjective:

(of a person) Solemn or thoughtful in character or manner.
(of a subject, state, or activity) Demanding careful consideration or application: "marriage is a serious matter".

Just hope your really not this way.

Moving on............................

How bout those RedWings!!!!!???????? errrr so i heard it was doughnuts and not cupcakes??!! any truth to this?
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I hope everybody had a BIG time, looking forward to some post of the days activities. No drama needed.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
monkhey
Little Cream Soda

Post by monkhey »

I have a question: Were there any long songs on the album? meaning 5 or more minutes. I know he usually doesn't do that, but it would be cool.
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

monkhey wrote:I have a question: Were there any long songs on the album? meaning 5 or more minutes. I know he usually doesn't do that, but it would be cool.
There few and far between but does happen.. 300 MPH TOB, Ball and Biscuit, Carolina drama, I think that's it for album songs, There are more B-sides too like Black Jack Davey, all over 5 mins, I hope there is a epic track over 5 mins too
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.