Dallas Radio Interview 8/14/17

snippets and snails
FredYidas
Little Bird

Dallas Radio Interview 8/14/17

Post by FredYidas »

Jack did a nice long interview on a Dallas radio station on Monday.There's lots of Warstic talk since that's what he was promoting, but there's some music stuff too.

http://www.theunticket.com/jack-white-o ... e-8-14-17/
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Dallas Radio Interview 8/14/17

Post by Kali Durga »

It's actually a pretty wide-ranging and fun interview. The one thing I wish they'd gotten more into is the musical history of Deep Ellum, that was a good question.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

Kali Durga wrote:It's actually a pretty wide-ranging and fun interview. The one thing I wish they'd gotten more into is the musical history of Deep Ellum, that was a good question.
I was hoping they would get into that more too. I was also kid of hoping they would talk a little about the fact that Robert Johnson recorded some of his stuff nearby as well.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

FredYidas wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:It's actually a pretty wide-ranging and fun interview. The one thing I wish they'd gotten more into is the musical history of Deep Ellum, that was a good question.
I was hoping they would get into that more too. I was also kid of hoping they would talk a little about the fact that Robert Johnson recorded some of his stuff nearby as well.
I did some brief Googling last night and, man, all sorts of people recorded or performed there, including Leadbelly and Blind Lemon Jefferson. No wonder Jack feels that's the place to be.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Kali Durga wrote:
FredYidas wrote:
I did some brief Googling last night and, man, all sorts of people recorded or performed there, including Leadbelly and Blind Lemon Jefferson. No wonder Jack feels that's the place to be.
If you go down to Deep Elem, keep your money in your shoes...
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo