Jack played baseball in Plano yesterday

snippets and snails
missterpickles
Little Cream Soda

Jack played baseball in Plano yesterday

Post by missterpickles »

I met Jack at the original Devil's Night at TMR years ago. Yesterday I finally was able to get his autograph (signed my custom Warstic bat and a card of his). He played a baseball game with Warstic at a high school field in Plano, TX.

Jack got on base 3 out of 4 times, scored twice and made 3 or 4 plays in the field (he played 1B). They also were selling some amazing 3/4 henleys with his name and number on the back. I am on cloud 9.

http://imgur.com/a/FkyVR
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack played baseball in Plano yesterday

Post by Kali Durga »

A couple of people I know were at the game, too, but haven't given much detail about it yet. Thanks for all the info, very cool to hear that he played so well!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Cool getting that card signed! Sounds like a fun time
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

missterpickles wrote:I met Jack at the original Devil's Night at TMR years ago. Yesterday I finally was able to get his autograph (signed my custom Warstic bat and a card of his). He played a baseball game with Warstic at a high school field in Plano, TX.

Jack got on base 3 out of 4 times, scored twice and made 3 or 4 plays in the field (he played 1B). They also were selling some amazing 3/4 henleys with his name and number on the back. I am on cloud 9.

http://imgur.com/a/FkyVR
i was there too, what a fun night! I didn't have anything I wanted him to sign, so just said thanks for playing. I did get one of those shirts though!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Why didn't anyone mention this ....before it happened....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

It was mentioned in several places online. Jack playing baseball isn't really relevant to a collectors forum, given that we couldn't have expected him to stay and sign afterwards, after playing for hours and with his kids waiting. I thought that was a really cool thing for him to do, but totally unexpected.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Aquamarine wrote:It was mentioned in several places online. Jack playing baseball isn't really relevant to a collectors forum, given that we couldn't have expected him to stay and sign afterwards, after playing for hours and with his kids waiting. I thought that was a really cool thing for him to do, but totally unexpected.
I would say it's pretty relevant on a JW forum...as we are talking about it now...I hadn't seen it posted anywhere...

Much like forest fire, ONLY YOU can prevent Swirl from dieing away from lack of posts.....
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Stl_ben wrote:Why didn't anyone mention this ....before it happened....
Just to cause you disappointment.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

It was a fun evening, and Jack signed my Lazaretto vinyl!

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:It was mentioned in several places online. Jack playing baseball isn't really relevant to a collectors forum, given that we couldn't have expected him to stay and sign afterwards, after playing for hours and with his kids waiting. I thought that was a really cool thing for him to do, but totally unexpected.
I'd say this is relevant... Much more than a lot of other things posted here. We all posted and talked about when he threw a first pitch at a baseball game... We also have a thread for his new baseball bat...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

OK, I don't really keep up to date with these things. If I remember rightly, there were tie-ins from the RRS connected to the first-pitch thing, whereas this was a small event with no tie-in collectibles. It was still widely posted about elsewhere, though, and with that I rest my case.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

So posting about it afterwards has to do with the site but in advance isn't?
You keep saying it was posted everywhere but I don't see itI mentioned here or on TmR site.
Also if we only talk about collextibles on this site why did you make a post about an Adam savage YouTube video?
Last edited by Stl_ben on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

You know, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

And you wonder why Swirl's dying. Maybe it's partly because the atmosphere here has become so obnoxious.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Stl_ben wrote:So posting about it afterwards has to do with the site but in advance isn't?
You keep saying it was posted everywhere but I don't see itI mentioned here or on TmR site.
Also if we only talk about collextibles on this site why did you make a post about an Adam savage YouTube video?
If members of this community announced it BEFORE it happened then more people would have been there. And those who already knew certainly didn't want that.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.