Jack on new Tribe Called Quest album

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Jack on new Tribe Called Quest album

Post by Kali Durga »

That photo Chris Rock posted a while back really was a tip-off (no Q-Tip pun intended, really). Jack and several others are featured on the upcoming Tribe Called Quest album.-- http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/arts/ ... share&_r=0
When Jack White came to the studio, things fell right into place. “We recorded so many tracks and ideas,” he said. “It’s one of those scenarios where we’re so excited to finally get to work together that it was exploding in a whole different direction. We really didn’t know what we were doing, it was just a ‘hurry up and press record’ kind of moment.” (Q-Tip and Jack White connected when he asked to do an old Tribe song called “Excursions” in his stage show. They learned they were mutual admirers of each other’s work.) Jack White came to the studio without his own gear. “He just took a guitar off the wall and plugged it in and just got his wizard on,” Q-Tip said.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack on new Tribe Called Quest album

Post by Kali Durga »

So there are no ATCQ fans here on Swirl?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Yes, but I'd already read the article.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

M'kay.
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

Im looking foward to it. Should be interesting.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

This should be different..cool to see Jack working on something other than that Nashville stuff.

I am way too tired to read that whole article. When is it out?
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Nov. 11.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Looking forward to this as well.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
DoctorTran37
Little Cream Soda

u

Post by DoctorTran37 »

This news lit the fire under my ass to check out A Tribe Called Quest, started listening to Midnight Marauders as my friend who digs them suggested. Why did it take Jack White for me to get into these guys? Why the hell didn't I just jump on this shit sooner?!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

On SNL the 12th.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

This double LP is currently $15.51 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LTHY436