Third Man Records - Record Pressing

snippets and snails
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Third Man Records - Record Pressing

Post by rsimms3 »

This article just popped up on Facebook, Detroit won't only be a store but also a pressing plant.....

http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/ ... o-detroit/
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: Third Man Records - Record Pressing

Post by runofthemill »

Maybe they can get those tricolor proportions right again. This is pretty nifty though.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Wow!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Just got to the end of the article....

Quote:
The label has hired a handful of people so far to help run Third Man Detroit, including at least one name of significance: Dave Buick, who ran the Detroit label Italy Records, released the earliest White Stripes material, and gave Blackwell his start in the music business. With Buick on board, not only is the new store a manufacturing enterprise and a commitment to Detroit’s history—it’s a family affair.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That was one of a few things that blew my mind in the article. Also loved that Wolf Eyes came to TMR through an e-mail auto-complete error.

But the pressing machines... Knew it was coming at some point, there was no way Jack wouldn't figure out how to press his own records somehow someday, so the news was not unexpected. But it still blew my little mind to smithereens. If I had a dollar for every time over the past five years that I've said "How are they going to top this?"... and they always do. It scares me.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Things are getting exciting around here. Very cool.