Walk of Fame Park Induction- 6-4-15

snippets and snails
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Walk of Fame Park Induction- 6-4-15

Post by ellisintransit »

http://www.tennessean.com/story/enterta ... /27300485/

Jack and Loretta to be inducted into the Music City Walk of Fame, and will be present for the ribbon cutting for the reopening of the park on June 4th.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Walk of Fame Park Induction- 6-4-15

Post by Kali Durga »

Such perfect timing, and so well deserved. Though I don't understand why Loretta wasn't in the Walk of Fame already.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

$8,000 for a chunk of sidewalk...probably a good investment for TMRs publicity team.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Stl_ben wrote:$8,000 for a chunk of sidewalk...probably a good investment for TMRs publicity team.
Totally. I completely forgot that the person being "honored" typically has to pay for that right. I read somewhere that it's like $30,000 for one on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Free for me to see at least. :)
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

4. Cost of Walk of Fame Ceremony:
The cost of a Walk of Fame Ceremony is $7,950. If selected, the fee is due eight weeks prior to the induction ceremony. The money will be used to pay for the creation and installation of the star, as well as maintenance of the Walk of Fame and as a contribution to the Music City, Inc. 501(c)3 charitable foundation. It is understood that the cost of installing a star in the Music City Walk of Fame, upon approval, is $7,950. A $50 processing fee must accompany the nomination form. The sponsor of the nominee accepts the responsibility for arranging for payment to Music City, Inc., a 501(c)3 charitable foundation.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Am I the only one thinking jack nominated and maybe even paid the fee of Loretta Lynn because she didn't had a star yet?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

ellisintransit wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:$8,000 for a chunk of sidewalk...probably a good investment for TMRs publicity team.
Totally. I completely forgot that the person being "honored" typically has to pay for that right. I read somewhere that it's like $30,000 for one on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Free for me to see at least. :)
Yup, not only do you have to pay, but you also have to nominate yourself (or maybe your management team or someone close to you will do it). It's not like the Hall of Fame where people get in on merit alone, walk of fame is just a money grab.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Datch wrote:Am I the only one thinking jack nominated and maybe even paid the fee of Loretta Lynn because she didn't had a star yet?
Was my first thought when I saw the fee structure.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

ABC News Nashville covering the event from 4pm (Central I assume)

http://wkrn.com/2015/06/04/loretta-lynn ... fame-park/
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I saw part of the livestream on WRKM, before it cut out. Jack and Loretta's speeches for each other got me teary-eyed. Hope the part that didn't stream will be in the 4pm re-cap.
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

It was a freaking beautiful day in Nashville. As much Third Man stuff as I go to, I see Jack all the time but I would never want to bug him. It's always cool to say hello or whatever in passing, but I would and have never asked for an autograph, (except the day they did the one-on-one meetings for Vault members when Die By the Drop was released, but I digress.) Today he was slinging autographs like it weren't no thing, so I got my first pitch card signed. Other friends of mine who are also Swirlers got their Fly Farm Blues and Jack business card signed. Also saw the obligatory autographing of a child. More than the signature it just felt good to tell the man to his face how much he means to me/us. Lots of Jack love today. :thumbup: