Jack White taking a break from performing live

snippets and snails
MacATL
Little Bird

Post by MacATL »

I didn't see this posted anywhere else on White Swirl. Hopefully long isn't too long,
After many years of performing in a multitude of configurations, Jack is announcing that he will be taking a break from performing live for a long period of time. To cap off the Lazaretto world tour, and following his pair of headlining performances at Coachella, Jack will embark on a short acoustic tour of the only five states left in the U.S. that he has yet to play. The states these shows are occurring in will be unannounced until the day of each performance. Joining Jack on his jaunt across these locations will be musicians making up an acoustic quartet, including Fats Kaplin, Lillie Mae Rische and Dominic Davis. The shows will be totally acoustic and amplified only with ribbon microphones to the audience as well. These shows will be the very first totally acoustic full concerts Jack has ever done.

Each special acoustic performance will be announced day of show at 8am local time. Tickets for these engagements are priced at $3 per ticket and will be limited to one ticket per person. All tickets will be sold at the venue door starting at 12pm local time on the day of the show – first come, first served and cash only.

Stay tuned here and to @ThirdManRecords on Twitter for more information and show announcements.

http://jackwhiteiii.com/jack-white-anno ... formances/
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White taking a break from performing live

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Patient B1003
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

But that one seems to be only for discussing the 5 states tour.

If TMR is saying a long time then it must be something serious.
I just hope it's not a health issue and that he's ok.
On the bright side, more records from TMR!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

My impression is that he feels he's achieved a lot in the arena (no pun intended) of live music and wants to find stimulation elsewhere for a while. He's been talking in recent interviews about wanting to explore other creative avenues like film and directing. No idea whether that's what he's going to be doing or not, but the one thing I think we can be fairly sure of is that he's going to be doing something that we'll experience the results of. He's an artist, after all, and connecting with people through his art seems to be one of the main things that drives him.

The junkie in me is still a little bit in mourning today over being told no more live shows for a long while, but my more rational side has moved over into intense curiosity over what sort of surprises are in store.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

He is already on a 10 year break of touring where I live
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I don't know what to think. He saved music for me over the past decade or more. I'm at a loss. But maybe he will get busy with pumping some good stuff out of TMR.

I could live with new tunes and no touring.
Idk .... Somewhat in shock
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

It does make me feel better about all the money I spent seeing him live since 2008.
If I knew he was taking a break I would have went to more shows !!! Money well spent and many many memories
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

We all got to see some legendary stuff :-)

Timeless - music history
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
MacATL
Little Bird

Post by MacATL »

Nobody has ever seen "enough" live Jack White. I'm curious if Jack will surprise us like he did after TWS announcement. I'm glad he's taking some time away from the road. Being a touring musician is hard work. We know he's not going to put a pause on his creative force.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

trickster wrote:He is already on a 10 year break of touring where I live
MOVE!
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

destijl wrote:
trickster wrote:He is already on a 10 year break of touring where I live
MOVE!
:lol:
I am thinking of moving to Leeds soon.
Or Stevenageshirehamington.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Alabama Woody wrote:It does make me feel better about all the money I spent seeing him live since 2008.
If I knew he was taking a break I would have went to more shows !!! Money well spent and many many memories
I started to feel a bit silly for seeing him two nights in a row, twice in a tour ect ect... now it looks like we might not have been totally insane
houses are full of things that gather dust
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Melon wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:It does make me feel better about all the money I spent seeing him live since 2008.
I started to feel a bit silly for seeing him two nights in a row, twice in a tour ect ect... now it looks like we might not have been totally insane
:-) yep so glad I saw all the shows I did, just like you, I have no regrets now !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Is it sad that part of me is happy he's done touring so I don't have to put up with listening to everyone else who gets to see him while I've only seen him twice in the last 7 years, both at festivals in cities that aren't my home town.

I would have loved to have lived in Nashville where he seems to play 5 shows a year (Nashville and the 1 hr radius). But I don't..

Touring for him to me has always been a "That's great, he's touring some place I can't get to due to time/money".
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

higherlimits wrote:Is it sad that part of me is happy he's done touring so I don't have to put up with listening to everyone else who gets to see him while I've only seen him twice in the last 7 years, both at festivals in cities that aren't my home town.

I would have loved to have lived in Nashville where he seems to play 5 shows a year (Nashville and the 1 hr radius). But I don't..

Touring for him to me has always been a "That's great, he's touring some place I can't get to due to time/money".
The Blunderbuss Tour he played several shows within a couple of hours from Nashville but The Lazaretto Tour He did not.
Just RSD and the arena show at Bridgestone. Had to travel to see more.
If he does an acoustic set in Nashville and I can get tickets I will be on cloud 9,

I feel your pain. Geography is a bitch. There is nothing going on in Huntsville AL. I have to go to Nashville to have fun.

Your just gonna have to do like Ryan and put some miles on the car !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody