Jack White taking a break from performing live

snippets and snails
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Jack White taking a break from performing live

Post by higherlimits »

Alabama Woody wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Is it sad that part of me is happy he's done touring so I don't have to put up with listening to everyone else who gets to see him while I've only seen him twice in the last 7 years, both at festivals in cities that aren't my home town.

I would have loved to have lived in Nashville where he seems to play 5 shows a year (Nashville and the 1 hr radius). But I don't..

Touring for him to me has always been a "That's great, he's touring some place I can't get to due to time/money".
The Blunderbuss Tour he played several shows within a couple of hours from Nashville but The Lazaretto Tour He did not.
Just RSD and the arena show at Bridgestone. Had to travel to see more.
If he does an acoustic set in Nashville and I can get tickets I will be on cloud 9,

I feel your pain. Geography is a bitch. There is nothing going on in Huntsville AL. I have to go to Nashville to have fun.

Your just gonna have to do like Ryan and put some miles on the car !
Little different driving from Huntsville to Nashville. The closest show to me is usually 800 miles.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Is it sad that part of me is happy he's done touring so I don't have to put up with listening to everyone else who gets to see him while I've only seen him twice in the last 7 years, both at festivals in cities that aren't my home town.

I would have loved to have lived in Nashville where he seems to play 5 shows a year (Nashville and the 1 hr radius). But I don't..

Touring for him to me has always been a "That's great, he's touring some place I can't get to due to time/money".
The Blunderbuss Tour he played several shows within a couple of hours from Nashville but The Lazaretto Tour He did not.
If he does an acoustic set in Nashville and I can get tickets I will be on cloud 9,

I feel your pain. Geography is a bitch. There is nothing going on in Huntsville AL. I have to go to Nashville to have fun.

Little different driving from Huntsville to Nashville. The closest show to me is usually 800 miles.
Yeah, I do drive a lot for shows and events and so do lots of others. It takes a toll on me physically and mentally. It's exhausting. I drove almost solid from 9:30am Sunday to 1am Monday morning. It takes a special person to do that. I am young and can do that, though I shouldnt. A lot of people with kids or a family can't do that. I am going to really miss these days when I can't do this anymore..this is partially why I do so much now. Where I live, I drive minimum 2-3hours for a "close" show..
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

arewhyehen wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:

Yeah, I do drive a lot for shows and events and so do lots of others. It takes a toll on me physically and mentally. It's exhausting. I drove almost solid from 9:30am Sunday to 1am Monday morning. It takes a special person to do that. I am young and can do that, though I shouldnt. A lot of people with kids or a family can't do that. I am going to really miss these days when I can't do this anymore..this is partially why I do so much now. Where I live, I drive minimum 2-3hours for a "close" show..
I would do 2/3 hours on a Wedsnesday for a show. Closest show is like 10 hour drive usually. There have been 4 shows in my lifetime that have been closer than that.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

higherlimits wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:

Do you live way out in the middle of no where :-). As they say around here !
800 miles is quite the haul
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Not in the middle of no where. My city is 1M people and Calgary is 3hrs away but the two cities are isolated from everything else by the mountains.

This map kinda shows it well. There are two bright lights at the top left which is Edmontkn (at the top) and Calgary.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/1262 ... 7_ys_4.jpg
habitatgc
Little Bird

Post by habitatgc »

That sucks.... It's a good thing I caught him at a surprise acoustic set in Highland park a couple months ago at this farmers market thing! Muhaha
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

MEMBAH?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Then again... two festivals doesn’t really spell “tour”...
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”