snippets and snails
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: American Epic- T-Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, Jack Whit

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
love_islander wrote:This sounds like it's going to be quite interesting to see (when it eventually gets out there!)
Have you watched the trailer for it?
When this thread was started I didn't have access to this sort of thing - finally got around to checking it. :thumbup:
I dunno about you, but it gets my heart racing.
Gives me heart burn....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:Gives me heart burn....
Here ya go, sweetpea--

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Soon?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I've been wondering the same. It's kind of ridiculous at this point. Isn't the film fest season over?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

I just emailed my PBS station asking if they know when it's going to be broadcasted. I'll post their response here if they respond, but I kinda doubt they will
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Our companion book was supposed to come out October; it's now been pushed to February 2017 . . .

How this relates to when the movie comes out I cannot say. But make of this info what you will . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Oh, for crying out loud. Was that supposed to be part of the box-set? They did mention a box-set, right? I think?

I can imagine Jack being seriously peeved about this, having put so much energy into it, something that's so representative and meaningful, and having it just sit there. Damned shame he doesn't have more control over it. It would'a been out last year if he did.
Last edited by Kali Durga on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Maybe he has complete control over it and he is the one holding it back because he doesn't like the editing....
or maybe the whole things was lost in a fire....
or maybe we don't have any idea what happened so no need to start claiming to know exactly how much energy someone put into something, or how much control he has or blah blah blah
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning, Ben?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning, Ben?
No one. But I am a realist and not going to assign my emotions to a situation I know nothing about.
Speculating is one thing...
Saying it like a fact without knowing the facts is another. (I call this Trumping it.)
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

M'kay. Granted, I have no idea how much control being one of three executive producers gave him over its release, but based on everything I've read about the film and the excerpt of it that I saw, it seems fairly apparent that he put a good deal of time and energy into it. He produced all of the recording sessions. That likely took more than a day or two. But I'll try to remember to limit my projecting in any threads that you're likely to read, just to keep you happy. 'Cause we all want you to be happy, Ben.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just had a question answered by the American Epic folks over at Facebook--

"Hi Kali - we are currently making the rounds of festivals, and the finished films will be broadcast in late spring of 2017, after which DVDs will be made available. Thank you for your patience while we've been busy wrapping things up. We hope that we'll be coming to your city soon, so keep an eye out here for updates over the coming months!"

Back in April, they were saying fall of this year. Wonder what they'll be saying next spring.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Bullshit.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Care to clarify?

Also, I can't remember whether anyone had mentioned yet that the book is listed on Amazon (JakobGreen just tipped me off)-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501135600/re ... 8xbP8QW611 Though heaven knows their available date is liable to change.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Kali Durga wrote:
Also, I can't remember whether anyone had mentioned yet that the book is listed on Amazon (JakobGreen just tipped me off)-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501135600/re ... 8xbP8QW611 Though heaven knows their available date is liable to change.
Yep, that'd be me, mentioned it a few times, I was involved in the process (as they say). It's a very lovely book, great photos, good stories. One of the people involved has been a HUUUUUUGE pain in the ass but nonetheless, people will dig it if they buy the book.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."