American Epic- T-Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, Jack White

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: American Epic- T-Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, Jack Whit

Post by Kali Durga »

They began teasing this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to have ended up with such a delay. Shame on somebody for whatever decision caused this.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Looks like they're going in reverse (chronological?) order with this.
Part 4 (sessions) screened in London
Part 3 in Hawaii
Part 2 in Amsterdam
Part 1 maybe somewhere in South America?

For the rest of USA in feb/march
Any idea how people in other parts of the world can see this whenever it comes out? Apart from waiting for the DVD.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

koala wrote:Looks like they're going in reverse (chronological?) order with this.
Part 4 (sessions) screened in London
Part 3 in Hawaii
Part 2 in Amsterdam
Part 1 maybe somewhere in South America?

For the rest of USA in feb/march
Any idea how people in other parts of the world can see this whenever it comes out? Apart from waiting for the DVD.
Bypass geo restrictions and watch it on PBS.com. I thought the BBC was in on this too? Shouldn't it get air time throughout the UK at the same time as the U.S.?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

In Amsterdam during the IDFA Festival there will be two parts being shown.
American Epic: The Big Bang and The American Epic Sessions.

https://www.idfa.nl/industry/tags/profi ... e4d033b5e7
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Anything?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Someone asked Jack about it in the last Vault chat and all he said was that he doesn't know why it's been delayed. But American Epic also has a teeny, tiny little blurb at the top of their website saying it's going to be at the Sundance Film Fest (of course, Redford's event, how could it not be?) this January 28th-- http://www.americanepic.com/
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I'm currently working on the companion book—many many amazing photos that have not been widely publicly seen, if at all. Lots to love. Look for it—so far as scheduled—mid-April/early May.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

woodisgood wrote:I'm currently working on the companion book—many many amazing photos that have not been widely publicly seen, if at all. Lots to love. Look for it—so far as scheduled—mid-April/early May.
Photos - historical, modern, or both? Pics of the lathe used in the recording sessions? If you have some of those, feel free to post them up here.... :wink:
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

rsimms3 wrote:
woodisgood wrote:I'm currently working on the companion book—many many amazing photos that have not been widely publicly seen, if at all. Lots to love. Look for it—so far as scheduled—mid-April/early May.
Photos - historical, modern, or both? Pics of the lathe used in the recording sessions? If you have some of those, feel free to post them up here.... :wink:
Sure! If I'd like to get potentially fired! :lol:

But to answer your first questions———yes, all.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Cool! I've not seen many pictures of lathes that used weights to generate energy to run a lathe. Most everything I've seen uses an AC motor.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Oh, that sounds terrific. Will the book be part of a set or sold alone?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Kali Durga wrote:Oh, that sounds terrific. Will the book be part of a set or sold alone?
This info I am currently not privvy to. At this moment, I believe it will be its own separate entity, not part of any set or combined with anything else.

But, as with all things commerce, this can change at any time—and possibly no one will tell me. :P
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

LIvestream of the producer's q&a going on now from Sundance-- https://www.facebook.com/sundance/video ... 691013515/
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Re-cap of last night's event from the Salt Lake Tribune: http://www.sltrib.com/home/3433031-155/ ... hurch-with
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, put it on PBS already..........