Jack on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Feb 5th 2015

snippets and snails
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Feb 5th 2015

Post by John Tom »

rsimms3 wrote:I prefer Lillie Mae with hair.
+1
Kali Durga wrote:I started to feel that it was a bit too tame, but once Jack got through the verses (damned tricky stuff to sing), they kicked it into high gear where it belongs. It's on the 'net now, for those of us like me who don't have tv-- http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/111396
woodisgood wrote:My least-favorite song on the album. This performance doesn't make me change my mind about the tune.

Band still smokin' though!
Not my least favorite but I do think he may be tuckered out after so many back-to-back shows the last few nights.

Did Jack do anything else? Looked like he was ready to play another and then Jimmy interrupted him.
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Feb 5th 2015

Post by Kali Durga »

That's a damned hard song to sing, they must've slowed it down so that Jack could get the lyrics out clean on national tv. Once the verses were done, they kicked it up a notch. He doesn't have to worry about flubbing lines at his own shows, but on tv? Gotta nail it. At least the whole Tonight Show audience has now been exposed to the wit of his word-play.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."