I Saw/Heard Jack White Here - Interviews & Serendipity

snippets and snails
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: I Saw/Heard Jack White Here - Interviews & Serendipity

Post by Aquamarine »

Public opinion swung back his way somewhat after 9/11 when he was temporarily denied entry to the US because he is a Muslim. (And for seemingly no other reason.) He may have modified his views in recent years since he's been back in the music scene, I don't know.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

what if Jack was a trump supporter?
he is everything i hate...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Good point, so thank God he isn't. I doubt he asks people he collaborates with to fill out questionnaires regarding their various political and cultural views, anyway.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

elduderino wrote:what if Jack was a trump supporter?
I'd be in the same situation I'm in about Bill Cosby now.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

elduderino wrote:what if Jack was a trump supporter?
He'd end up on my shit list.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Aquamarine wrote:Good point, so thank God he isn't. I doubt he asks people he collaborates with to fill out questionnaires regarding their various political and cultural views, anyway.
How do you know he isn't? I never noticed an "I'm with Her" bumper sticker on his Tesla. Did he ever state his political leanings one way or other?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

elduderino wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:Good point, so thank God he isn't. I doubt he asks people he collaborates with to fill out questionnaires regarding their various political and cultural views, anyway.
How do you know he isn't? I never noticed an "I'm with Her" bumper sticker on his Tesla. Did he ever state his political leanings one way or other?
He's made disparaging comments about Trump in Vault chat, so one could assume that means he's anti-Trump. Though he also said in an interview during the Blunderbuss tour that he doesn't vote in the U.S. elections because he doesn't believe in the two-party system.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

elduderino wrote:
In the Vault chat recently someone asked him if he was going to see the debate and his response was something like (paraphrasing) 'you mean if I am going to see Trump say whatever he wants and still win?', which is a bit anti-Trump, I might say. That does not mean he has to be pro-Hillary tho. Like choosing between a cancer and gangrene.
This machine steals souls.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

elduderino wrote:
In Vault chat he called Trump a misogynist and a narcissist, among other things, which gave me a giant clue that he didn't like him. He's also at different times called him a racist and said he was spreading hate. But even if he'd never said all that, all his positions on social issues (such as being on the gender-equality committee) aren't exactly Trumpian.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:
elduderino wrote:
In Vault chat he called Trump a misogynist and a narcissist, among other things, which gave me a giant clue that he didn't like him. He's also at different times called him a racist and said he was spreading hate. But even if he'd never said all that, all his positions on social issues (such as being on the gender-equality committee) aren't exactly Trumpian.
Considering he said a couple years ago that he doesn't vote, wonder if he's changed his mind for this election.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

to everyone who replied to my reply with various comments by Jack perceived to be, or in actuality, anti-trumpian - thank you!

you just never know about someone's politics, but i'm glad we have a very 'uuuuuge perception of Jack's.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Juanjo wrote:
elduderino wrote:
In the Vault chat recently someone asked him if he was going to see the debate and his response was something like (paraphrasing) 'you mean if I am going to see Trump say whatever he wants and still win?', which is a bit anti-Trump, I might say. That does not mean he has to be pro-Hillary tho. Like choosing between a cancer and gangrene.
Gangrene FTW!
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

He also made comments for support of Bernie didn't he? I kinda don't know what they where but I'm sure they are somewhere in the chat logs. It's a shame he got pushed out by all the dirty tricks.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

elduderino wrote:to everyone who replied to my reply with various comments by Jack perceived to be, or in actuality, anti-trumpian - thank you!

you just never know about someone's politics, but i'm glad we have a very 'uuuuuge perception of Jack's.
Gotta have something to talk about when he's not touring, so thank YOU for getting the ball rolling.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Now what brand of conditioner do you think he uses?