Die Hard White Stripes Fans

snippets and snails
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Re: Die Hard White Stripes Fans

Post by littleacorn »

I have evolved as his music has evolved. His albums are always released at milestones in my personal life. GBMS is my favorite stripes album, just behind Led Zep III for atf. It was released on my 16th birthday and instead of getting my drivers license that day I bought that album. That record links so many damn memories of that crazy summer :D. Blunderbuss was the first record that was played in my first house and just like GBMS links memories to the long nights getting everything right inside the house. I'm sure Lazaretto will be no different.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

orangeshoeskid wrote: It is locked up in Jack/Ben's vault. They acted like it wouldn't ever see the light of day and were pretty adamant that no one was to be recording during it. The song was called "You're Right, I'm Wrong" and it was recorded direct to acetate in Australia in 2000.
Would make a perfect 7inch for a White Stripes Triple Decker.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

littleacorn wrote:I have evolved as his music has evolved. His albums are always released at milestones in my personal life. GBMS is my favorite stripes album, just behind Led Zep III for atf. It was released on my 16th birthday and instead of getting my drivers license that day I bought that album. That record links so many damn memories of that crazy summer :D. Blunderbuss was the first record that was played in my first house and just like GBMS links memories to the long nights getting everything right inside the house. I'm sure Lazaretto will be no different.
Good Stuff !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Bikedo wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote: It is locked up in Jack/Ben's vault. They acted like it wouldn't ever see the light of day and were pretty adamant that no one was to be recording during it. The song was called "You're Right, I'm Wrong" and it was recorded direct to acetate in Australia in 2000.
Would make a perfect 7inch for a White Stripes Triple Decker.
I would camp out for that !!!

Someday maybe ...
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:There are certainly songs that haven't been released. At the panel discussion at TMR for "Detroit Rock City" by Steve Miller, they played a previously unheard White Stripes song. I can't remember the title, but it was amazing getting to hear that. Too bad some people in the room were talking and not realizing how special of a moment it was.
We need this from The Vault ! Maybe someday.

Shame people talked while it was playing, they had no clue what they were hearing. Or did not care.
First time hearing about an unheard White Stripes song being played at Detriot Rock City. I knew there was unreleased songs but didn't know one saw the light of day. Is this song floating around? I need to hear it!
It is locked up in Jack/Ben's vault. They acted like it wouldn't ever see the light of day and were pretty adamant that no one was to be recording during it. The song was called "You're Right, I'm Wrong" and it was recorded direct to acetate in Australia in 2000.
You were there and heard it ?

That's quite the experience !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Bikedo wrote:I will always go see Jack play live but nothing he does now compares to the White Stripes.
Simply stated, but, LIKE!
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

John Tom wrote:
UniformRecon wrote:Oh, the other thing I don't like about the solo live performances as the White Stripes' live performance is Jack's guitar tone. It's too tin-sounding and thin to me. I guess Jack needed a huge sound with the Stripes since it was a two-piece, but I just wish his guitar still sounded huge.
I could not agree more! So you know, I am a Gretsch guy. To me, that Gretsch tone just cannot be beat for plugged in blues and blues rock. So you guys must know just how much it pains me to see that beautiful custom Gretsch get brought on stage only to sit there the entire time while Jack plays his Tele'. Personally, I would take his Airline over that Tele' any day! But wouldn't we all?

Anyway, I believe that Jack's sound has changed due solely to that Tele'. Instead of the Silvertone 1485 (6X10) and Twin Reverb ala The White Stripes, it looks like he is using 3 Silvertone 1484 (2X12) cabinets with customized Silvertone Twin Twelve heads and his trusty Twin Reverb.

So, once again, we have seen Jack metamorphose from a very hot single coil Airline to the dual coil Filtertrons of his Gretsch to that unique Tele' sound. It is still good, but no where near as good as his old guitars.
Yay, another gear nerd on the swirl! We should totally set up a gear/instrument discussion thread...
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

josephodonnell wrote:
John Tom wrote:
UniformRecon wrote:Oh, the other thing I don't like about the solo live performances as the White Stripes' live performance is Jack's guitar tone. It's too tin-sounding and thin to me. I guess Jack needed a huge sound with the Stripes since it was a two-piece, but I just wish his guitar still sounded huge.
I could not agree more! So you know, I am a Gretsch guy. To me, that Gretsch tone just cannot be beat for plugged in blues and blues rock. So you guys must know just how much it pains me to see that beautiful custom Gretsch get brought on stage only to sit there the entire time while Jack plays his Tele'. Personally, I would take his Airline over that Tele' any day! But wouldn't we all?

Anyway, I believe that Jack's sound has changed due solely to that Tele'. Instead of the Silvertone 1485 (6X10) and Twin Reverb ala The White Stripes, it looks like he is using 3 Silvertone 1484 (2X12) cabinets with customized Silvertone Twin Twelve heads and his trusty Twin Reverb.

So, once again, we have seen Jack metamorphose from a very hot single coil Airline to the dual coil Filtertrons of his Gretsch to that unique Tele' sound. It is still good, but no where near as good as his old guitars.
Yay, another gear nerd on the swirl! We should totally set up a gear/instrument discussion thread...
Count me in! That would be a blast because I could get all wonky on DanElectro and the joy of Blackplates...
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White