Jack on Conan O'Brien June 11, 2014

snippets and snails
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Re: Jack on Conan O'Brien June 11, 2014

Post by hellosmith »

as far as this performance goes - I am totally blown away. I still haven't had a chance to listen to Lazaretto the full way through yet so I hadn't heard either of those songs before... they are both beautiful. I just love that set-up with Dominic, Fats and Lily - same group from the Another Day/Another Time show which also was so so good. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be whittled down to those three by the next album...
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

hellosmith wrote:as far as this performance goes - I am totally blown away. I still haven't had a chance to listen to Lazaretto the full way through yet so I hadn't heard either of those songs before... they are both beautiful. I just love that set-up with Dominic, Fats and Lily - same group from the Another Day/Another Time show which also was so so good. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be whittled down to those three by the next album...
Maybe for a few songs but not the whole album ...
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

hellosmith wrote:as far as this performance goes - I am totally blown away. I still haven't had a chance to listen to Lazaretto the full way through yet so I hadn't heard either of those songs before... they are both beautiful. I just love that set-up with Dominic, Fats and Lily - same group from the Another Day/Another Time show which also was so so good. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be whittled down to those three by the next album...
So you don't want drums on the next album or tour?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

^^ :?: ^^ No thanks. I want the fuckin' JW/Daru/Dominic mini-tour!!!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Moller72 wrote:
So you don't want drums on the next album or tour?
Meg?
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

I believe that this issue would be solved completely if TMR would release either (or both) the bootleg (ala Pearl Jam) or possibly a digital video or dvd; that way Jack controls content, etc. and fans don't have to worry about sneaking photos, etc. because they know it will be released later.
I agree with that. He should be proactive and do something like that so people realize they don't need to. Idk it only bothers me when its in my view of the show. Other than that I pay zero attention to it because I would rather watch the show than worry about how others are watching the show.
jgibbdah
Little Cream Soda

Post by jgibbdah »

Finally got around to watching this.

I'm much more of a fan on interview like this. More of a conversation between friends than an interview. laughing, having a good time, talking about whatever comes up. Really good to see that.

Performances were great. I'm digging Lillie Mae's vocals. I'm liking hers better than Ruby from Blunderbuss. Ruby, although a fantastic vocalist, can be too striking at times.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I'm in a picture with my wife and son in New Orleans. It blew my mind when I saw the picture. First of all it was me !!! But I had no idea there were 100 people with phones all around me.
Jack is right in your face and your looking through your phone ..... Really ?
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

woodisgood wrote:^^ :?: ^^ No thanks. I want the fuckin' JW/Daru/Dominic mini-tour!!!
YES THIS!! The three of them have such great chemistry!!!
Safety first...then teamwork