AN APOLOGY AND EXPLANATION FROM JACK WHITE

snippets and snails
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Re: AN APOLOGY AND EXPLANATION FROM JACK WHITE

Post by scoliosispony »

mojoryan wrote:
scoliosispony wrote:When I saw that headline pop up on my FB feed I got really worried he was canceling shows. Luckily it was just stupid BS.
I think it's anything but "stupid shit." I don't think it took balls/guts/whateverotherorgan to say what he said in his apology; it took common, human decency. Fuck mystique-give me a real human being every time. Jack just scored major points in my book, BECAUSE he.said t'hell with the mystique. I've been a fan of his music, but not so much the man, and this tipped the scales in his favor to that end.
Good on ya, Jack.
By stupid BS I simply meant stuff relating to an issue that should be a non issue. He made private statements that were made public, and other stuff was misinterpreted. It's all media circus stuff that isn't that important. The apology was a great sentiment, but all the stuff that resulted in him having to apologize seems like stupid BS to me.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Rolling Stone has been doing this it seems a lot lately to artists. I know reading the Arcade Fire and Black Keys articles, that RS really tries to make artists come off as assholes. I guess they think if they can villainize artists that they'll sell more mags.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

"Sometimes it's cooler to say nothing than anything at sll"
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Its hard to say anything anymore with out everyone getting there panties in a bunch. Especially in interviews. I mean look what happened to Mr. Sterling and that was in his own home! America has become to sensitive and lost a lot of common sense.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Getbacktogether wrote:America has become to sensitive and lost a lot of common sense.
**dingdingdingdingding* Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Kali Durga wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:America has become to sensitive and lost a lot of common sense.
**dingdingdingdingding* Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!
Thank you. Thank you very much. 8-)
Quexzea
Little Bird

Post by Quexzea »

I don't see why Jack felt the need to apologize. I din't think what he said about Winehouse and Adele was offensive at all, in fact I thought quite the opposite when I read it. The Black Keys have always annoyed me. But thats just me. The stuff about Meg wasn't anything we haven't heard before...