Jack's Cigarillo

snippets and snails
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Jack's Cigarillo

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Almost like when Nickboat took Jack's comb from the stage at the Ryman!
I don't want that either. You guys are getting weird on me !
My reaction exactly.
However..
As long as they didn't ask "How much is it worth?" then I'll leave them be.
More of than not, a lurker eventually gets something they see as "profitable" and uses their first three posts to ask what it's worth and to share their Ebay auctions for said item.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
thirddan
Little Bird

Post by thirddan »

I can understand why it may sound a bit odd to of taken it but its not like I took from his trash, he did throw it to the crowd! Maybe the reason some people like myself don't post is because of the negative reactions of other users at pretty harmless questions. Maybe I'll stick to 'lurking' as you like to put it
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

While this cigar keeping is odd.. It's true, at least he didn't go through the dumpster to get it.
Maybe if you cut it into pieces and offered it to people they wouldn't make fun of it as much?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jettkoral wrote:Almost like when Nickboat took Jack's comb from the stage at the Ryman!
What? Seriously? I knew about him digging through the dumpsters but not this...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

thirddan wrote:I can understand why it may sound a bit odd to of taken it but its not like I took from his trash, he did throw it to the crowd! Maybe the reason some people like myself don't post is because of the negative reactions of other users at pretty harmless questions. Maybe I'll stick to 'lurking' as you like to put it
Yeah, you are fine. Anything he throws into the crowd is fair game in my opinion. You didn't steal it off the stage or anything. Is it a weird souvenir? Yes...but I have a few of those too. I have a handkerchief from Gord of The Tragically Hip that he used on stage to do a bunch of tricks and clean his shoes and wipe the sweat off his forehead and then he threw it in the crowd at the end of the show. Yeah, it's weird but whenever you see it, it brings you back to that specific night. You may not put it on display but youll take it out from time to time and it will allow you to relive that night so don't feel bad dude..
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

I would have totally picked one up as well.
Like Kaber said maybe put it in a clear box or something and seal it well.
They do dry out over time and become brittle.

edit* Would prefer the cigarillo than a JW lighter or the highly popular notebook.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I wish this was the creepiest/weirdest thing I'd seen around here. Doesn't even come close. Don't even see how it's that much different than a pick, setlist, drumstick or anything else people bring home from shows.

I do have a question. You said he threw it into the crowd. Was it lit? That seems like a bad idea.
thirddan
Little Bird

Post by thirddan »

I'm pretty sure it was lit when he threw it but it was out when I picked it up. The mentioned lighters weren't on sale at this date, maybe they were more popular than people were expecting and have sold out?
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

thirddan wrote:I'm pretty sure it was lit when he threw it but it was out when I picked it up. The mentioned lighters weren't on sale at this date, maybe they were more popular than people were expecting and have sold out?
honestly you should smoke it and if your lucky you will extract some of the mojo
uqqxkk
Little Bird

Post by uqqxkk »

It's kinda weird to think artists like to throw their trash at the crowd. That's why I'll believe it was supposed to be picked up. I'd throw it in the trash though.

You can put it in a nice glass box with the ticket or a card.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I must be picturing how this happened wrong. If someone walks out and throws a lit cigarette into a crowd of people, that's an asshole move.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Remove some of Jack's DNA from the cigarillo and clone him....
:D :lol: :clap:
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

IamFrank007 wrote:Remove some of Jack's DNA from the cigarillo and clone him....
This. Then one of him could stay home with the kids, one could work with the Racs, one could run TMR, one could begin a third solo album, and one could tour continuously for Lazaretto... C'mon, man, the world needs this.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Hammersmith is a NO SMOKING venue and he should have known better. Tossing a cigarillo into the crowd, could have started a fire and I could have died. I would preserve it as evidence and sue him.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Kali Durga wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:Remove some of Jack's DNA from the cigarillo and clone him....
This. Then one of him could stay home with the kids, one could work with the Racs, one could run TMR, one could begin a third solo album, and one could tour continuously for Lazaretto... C'mon, man, the world needs this.
I really hate doing laundry, can I have one for that?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”