Post by dunedin »

Jack is on the cover and interviewed in the 14 June issue of NME

http://gb.zinio.com/www/browse/issue.js ... ategoryId=
dunedin
Little Ghost

Re: Random news/magazine articles on Jack White

Post by dunedin »

Australian ice-cream maker introduces Jack White flavour

"Jack White – Detroit rocker, multi-instrumentalist, former upholsterer, possible vampire (not really, but just look at that album cover) – is now the inspiration for an ice cream flavour.

A Gelato Messina ice cream flavour, no less. Yes, the purveyor of frozen treats that manages to send Melbourne crazy even in the cold, is celebrating the release of White’s second solo album Lazaretto with a limited-edition flavour. You can purchase all eleven tracks from the record to cherish forever, but you’ve only got one week to experience the sweet, sweet flavours of the Jack’n’White.

Ingredients-wise, they’ve really thought things through. It’s a combination of Jack Daniels and white chocolate gelati with caramelised peanuts on top for crunch. That’s Jack for you – oh-so smooth, but dripping with swagger and a slightly cheeky sense of humour".

http://bourne.au.timeout.com/2014/06/17 ... lato-form/
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

dunedin wrote:Australian ice-cream maker introduces Jack White flavour

"Jack White – Detroit rocker, multi-instrumentalist, former upholsterer, possible vampire (not really, but just look at that album cover) – is now the inspiration for an ice cream flavour.

A Gelato Messina ice cream flavour, no less. Yes, the purveyor of frozen treats that manages to send Melbourne crazy even in the cold, is celebrating the release of White’s second solo album Lazaretto with a limited-edition flavour. You can purchase all eleven tracks from the record to cherish forever, but you’ve only got one week to experience the sweet, sweet flavours of the Jack’n’White.

Ingredients-wise, they’ve really thought things through. It’s a combination of Jack Daniels and white chocolate gelati with caramelised peanuts on top for crunch. That’s Jack for you – oh-so smooth, but dripping with swagger and a slightly cheeky sense of humour".

ISO shipped to Nashville. :lol:
HadItUpTohere
Little Cream Soda

Post by HadItUpTohere »

dunedin wrote:Australian ice-cream maker introduces Jack White flavour

I came here to post this :P Available for a LIMITED TIME ONLY. It's collectible. They're appealing to the TMR fanbase.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"dripping with swagger and a slightly cheeky sense of humour"

Nailed it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

August 2014 issue of Mojo. Jack cover and interview, and a free "best of TMR" CD.

http://www.mojo4music.com/15119/jack-wh ... illainise/

http://www.mojo4music.com/15110/mojo-249-august-2014/
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

Hey all! Nice article from Nashville Scene that some of you may have missed (that includes me) that gives us a hint about an upcoming Vault release...

http://m.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecr ... rview-2014
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

What is the hint. Sorry. I just skimmed it
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

shteev wrote:What is the hint. Sorry. I just skimmed it
We just recorded a couple more Dead Weather songs and we’re gonna put that out in the [Third Man Records] Vault [Collection] soon.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Which is not a new hint for anyone who hangs around here or the Vault.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Kali Durga wrote:Which is not a new hint for anyone who hangs around here or the Vault.
no it isn't.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The latest issue of Filter with Jack on the cover just hit newsstands. Unfortunately, there are no more to be had at the Books-A-Million in D.C....
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Kali Durga wrote:The latest issue of Filter with Jack on the cover just hit newsstands. Unfortunately, there are no more to be had at the Books-A-Million in D.C....
Got my copy yesterday, fantastic read!
Some of the pics are really interesting too.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Makes me want to go buy a Polaroid camera.
caseofthepunks
Little Bird

Post by caseofthepunks »

Jack did not get interviewed for that NME cover story. I imagine they put out that story because he turned down an interview and pissed them off.