American Epic- T-Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, Jack White

snippets and snails
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: American Epic- T-Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, Jack Whit

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Care to clarify?
Didn't think I'd need to. Thread started in April 2015 and STILL not even close to wide release. Shit will be 3 years old before we get to see it in its entirety.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

rsimms3 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Care to clarify?
Didn't think I'd need to. Thread started in April 2015 and STILL not even close to wide release. Shit will be 3 years old before we get to see it in its entirety.
Perfect for a Vault package!
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Also, I can't remember whether anyone had mentioned yet that the book is listed on Amazon (JakobGreen just tipped me off)-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501135600/re ... 8xbP8QW611 Though heaven knows their available date is liable to change.
Yep, that'd be me, mentioned it a few times, I was involved in the process (as they say). It's a very lovely book, great photos, good stories. One of the people involved has been a HUUUUUUGE pain in the ass but nonetheless, people will dig it if they buy the book.
Would that pain in the ass initials be JT? Anways I was just hoping the Feb. 20017 date for the book would be a good sign for the film release.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Also, I can't remember whether anyone had mentioned yet that the book is listed on Amazon (JakobGreen just tipped me off)-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501135600/re ... 8xbP8QW611 Though heaven knows their available date is liable to change.
Yep, that'd be me, mentioned it a few times, I was involved in the process (as they say). It's a very lovely book, great photos, good stories. One of the people involved has been a HUUUUUUGE pain in the ass but nonetheless, people will dig it if they buy the book.
Ah, yes, I knew you worked for the publisher, but couldn't recall whether you'd mentioned that it was listed on Amazon. I envy you having been able to see it.

JT, haha!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Now?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"At this remarkable event, highlights from the three-part PBS documentary "American Epic" will be screened..."

Sounds like that's the same sort of deal as all the film festival previews. I honestly don't even care at this point whether it's broadcast on PBS and BBC. I just want the dvd and TMR's music collection that's supposedly being released. If they need funds for music licensing, just do a damned Kickstarter. I'd donate to that if it'd get me a copy of the dvd.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Everyone should be happy come May . . .

Lots to enjoy and sink your teeth into—super interesting—that's all I can say for now.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

woodisgood wrote:Everyone should be happy come May . . .

Lots to enjoy and sink your teeth into—super interesting—that's all I can say for now.
So the release date Amazon is showing for the book is still accurate?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Where's Elton?
Last edited by rsimms3 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Well, I'm just terribly excited all over again.

So when is TMR going to announce the box set they mentioned?????????????????????
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Got our copies in the office, it's quite good looking and def worth a purchase (and if you know me, I only recommend maybe 5 books a year from where I work). And just so you know it's not just pics, it's text galore about people featured in the doc.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."