2012 jack white posters for sale from rob jones

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
Kaber
Little People

Re: 2012 jack white posters for sale from rob jones

Post by Kaber »

At all the JW shows I went to the posters were on
sale for at least 30 minutes after doors opening.
In Copenhagen and the first London show
they were still available after the gig.
Think it comes down to priorities:
e.g front of house vs merch
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Kaber wrote:At all the JW shows I went to the posters were on
You can always buy merch later...You cant ever buy front of house later.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Amen
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Kaber wrote:At all the JW shows I went to the posters were on
I know in Vancouver the posters sold out before the show started(someone approched me and offered to buy mine, I declined).
In Portland the posters were still available after the show.
In Seattle I have no recollection.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

My point was more that it'd be nice to let the people who have half-finished sets or missed out at the show have a chance at them first rather than go to someone who already has bought and sold multiple copies. It'd be like me snatching up a $20 I'm Shakin tour sleeve in the Merch Stand section when I know there's plenty of people here looking for one.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Has anyone called the doodle or poem from the lot yet? I'll take that!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Jamie wrote:My point was more that it'd be nice to let the people who have half-finished sets or missed out at the show have a chance at them first rather than go to someone who already has bought and sold multiple copies. It'd be like me snatching up a $20 I'm Shakin tour sleeve in the Merch Stand section when I know there's plenty of people here looking for one.
I collect mainly signed and numbered posters.
These sets are a chance to get those.
Don't understand your comment about that 7
as you flipped quite a few of those for
big bucks
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I was just messing with Kaber, ya'll back off, I got a pm from someone else who is going trade me that poster. We,I, you have all flipped a little. Posters, tour singles. Lets not even go there......
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Im still looking for a Red Rocks poster ....either one (gig or revised)
Ping me
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

So, moller, do you think you're gonna go through with the purchase?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Jamie wrote:My point was more that it'd be nice to let the people who have half-finished sets or missed out at the show have a chance at them first rather than go to someone who already has bought and sold multiple copies. It'd be like me snatching up a $20 I'm Shakin tour sleeve in the Merch Stand section when I know there's plenty of people here looking for one.
Posters for Brixton were readily available after the show, posters for Hammersmith were available after First Aid Kit (there are 2 merch stands at the Hammy O). If you missed out, tough tits. If you bought more than one, good for you. Bottom line....they were GREAT shows.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Kaber wrote:
I collect mainly signed and numbered posters.
These sets are a chance to get those.
Don't understand your comment about that 7
as you flipped quite a few of those for
big bucks
I bought one extra for someone on the LR to return a favour because they got me something from the RRS at cost. They didn't need the extra in the end, so I put it on eBay. Please don't make shit up.
The point was that since Moller is doing a favour to people by offering to buy bulk and sell at cost, maybe you should buy into the community spirit and let those go to people who have been hunting them down to complete their sets since you've already owned multiple copies of each.

Edit: Actually, for full disclosure, I bought one extra of each of the tour singles plus one extra poster in Birmingham, Bridlington and Blackpool for this person, because they asked me to get anything exclusive. They didn't like the poster design so I traded them with someone on here at cost price, the Shakin went on eBay after nobody took the set when I offered it in the Merch Stand and the remaining three singles all went to someone else on here as part of a bulk sale of cheap 45s. I made 'big bucks' on that one copy of Shakin, which I listed at 99p and nobody had any idea it'd sell for anywhere near that amount.
Last edited by Jamie on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

destijl wrote:
Posters for Brixton were readily available after the show, posters for Hammersmith were available after First Aid Kit (there are 2 merch stands at the Hammy O). If you missed out, tough tits. If you bought more than one, good for you. Bottom line....they were GREAT shows.
Sure, I'm fine with that. I chose to go to the front rather than buy merch and I'm happy with my decision. I'm not looking to buy these right now either since I don't have money spare for poster purchases right now. I just think it's bad form to buy your third+ copy of something when it gets offered for sale on here cheap when you know there's other members who haven't got even one copy and have been waiting for one to become available.

Are you sure about Brixton? They'd all gone by the time I got to the merch stand. Those two shows and the first night at Ally Pally were the only ones that had none left after the show when I checked.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Kali Durga wrote:So, moller, do you think you're gonna go through with the purchase?
Looks like It will be, have had a few more committed today.
Last edited by Moller72 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

TwinkleLights wrote:I'd have chipped in for the Roseland if I didn't already have it. I think it's gorgeous and IMO even kinda joyful.
That one and the silent giants poster from Portland 08.15.12 were my two faves from the whole year. :)
I love those two, plus Red Rocks and Webster Hall. I think they're my favorites of the bunch.