New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
Post Reply
User avatar
Aquamarine
Little Ghost
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by Aquamarine » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:34 am

Blew this one, as I missed the TMR tweet, and they don't sell cool posters in the swamp where I live. It's not even on eBay. :(

User avatar
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by BrooklynKyle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:03 am

I'm surprised it's not on eBay yet. I'm hanging onto mine...unless it goes for crazy money. 7 JW shows were not cheap! :).

I was in the store probably 25 mins after the tweet (yay express subways). Just a couple people in there and not for the poster because a few looked at me when the clerk gave it to me. The stack looked to be about 25 or so.

User avatar
notwdrums18
Little Acorn
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by notwdrums18 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 am

BrooklynKyle wrote:I'm surprised it's not on eBay yet. I'm hanging onto mine...unless it goes for crazy money. 7 JW shows were not cheap! :).

I was in the store probably 25 mins after the tweet (yay express subways). Just a couple people in there and not for the poster because a few looked at me when the clerk gave it to me. The stack looked to be about 25 or so.
Only 25? Wow, they're really spreading these out. Hopefully they hit a bunch of different regions. Doing 25 of each at each location would be 20 different places (that is assuming there are 25 at each and 250 of each color).
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead

User avatar
higherlimits
Little People
Posts: 4067
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 am

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by higherlimits » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 am

I don't get the huge rush for these, yes, they're hand numbered. So are EVERY other Jack White Poster. Yes there are only 250/260 of each. There are only about 100-150 sold of any show poster.

I don't see these having much value in the future, not that that should be the reason to buy/not buy, it just doesn't seem to warrant the rush.

User avatar
Kaber
Little People
Posts: 3475
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by Kaber » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 am

higherlimits wrote:I don't get the huge rush for these, yes, they're hand numbered. So are EVERY other Jack White Poster. Yes there are only 250/260 of each. There are only about 100-150 sold of any show poster.

I don't see these having much value in the future, not that that should be the reason to buy/not buy, it just doesn't seem to warrant the rush.
People like free stuff

User avatar
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by Scarlet Siren » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:48 am

higherlimits wrote:I don't get the huge rush for these, yes, they're hand numbered. So are EVERY other Jack White Poster. Yes there are only 250/260 of each. There are only about 100-150 sold of any show poster.

I don't see these having much value in the future, not that that should be the reason to buy/not buy, it just doesn't seem to warrant the rush.
I just REALLY like the design, it's different to what I currently have. Not really all that concerned about the value of it :)

And yes, people like free stuff! :D

User avatar
maxman142001
Little Ghost
Posts: 2729
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm
Location: PHX

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by maxman142001 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm

@thirdmanrecords: UK fans, today you can get a lmtd edish Jack White #ImShakin poster at @spillersrecords go down and see them in person!
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."

User avatar
higherlimits
Little People
Posts: 4067
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 am

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by higherlimits » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh, I didn't realize it was free, I guess I understand now..

User avatar
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by Scarlet Siren » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:16 pm

maxman142001 wrote:@thirdmanrecords: UK fans, today you can get a lmtd edish Jack White #ImShakin poster at @spillersrecords go down and see them in person!
A friend of mine just went in and was told they didn't have any....

User avatar
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by BrooklynKyle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:19 pm

I don't really think people are going to get a ton of $ for them, but we'll see. It is a cool poster and it was free.

Re: the 25ish I saw--they could have had another stack somewhere, but it would be cool if they spread them out to a lot of locations. We seem to get the lion's share of JW stuff here in NY-5 shows, first lightning bolts, etc. Chicago, DC, Philly and others will hopefully get some posters too. I still can't believe he hasn't done a show at 9:30 club or another DC venue.

dunedin
Little Ghost
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by dunedin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 pm

BrooklynKyle wrote:I don't really think people are going to get a ton of $ for them, but we'll see. It is a cool poster and it was free.

Re: the 25ish I saw--they could have had another stack somewhere, but it would be cool if they spread them out to a lot of locations. We seem to get the lion's share of JW stuff here in NY-5 shows, first lightning bolts, etc. Chicago, DC, Philly and others will hopefully get some posters too. I still can't believe he hasn't done a show at 9:30 club or another DC venue.
Doing Freefest prohibits him from another DC area show I believe. I don't know how long either side of the festival he will have to wait.

User avatar
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by BrooklynKyle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:02 pm

dunedin wrote:
BrooklynKyle wrote:I don't really think people are going to get a ton of $ for them, but we'll see. It is a cool poster and it was free.

Re: the 25ish I saw--they could have had another stack somewhere, but it would be cool if they spread them out to a lot of locations. We seem to get the lion's share of JW stuff here in NY-5 shows, first lightning bolts, etc. Chicago, DC, Philly and others will hopefully get some posters too. I still can't believe he hasn't done a show at 9:30 club or another DC venue.
Doing Freefest prohibits him from another DC area show I believe. I don't know how long either side of the festival he will have to wait.

Ahh that makes sense. Even though I consider FF more of a Baltimore event. Does anyone think he'll add more shows or is this it? It's been 8 months...can't imagine he'll go for a full year. I wonder if there will be a second album next year or if he'll take a break from the solo thing. Also going to be interesting to see if NY gets fewer shows after the Radio City happening. Sorry for going off topic.

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5523
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by trickster » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:03 pm

These are not silk screened?
Normal glossy paper?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

User avatar
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by Scarlet Siren » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Black and Blue prints! BOOM!!!

Thanks to a dear friend in Cardiff! Phew, they didn't have any at first but once the tweet came from the record store they were out! :D :D

User avatar
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by BrooklynKyle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm

trickster wrote:These are not silk screened?
Normal glossy paper?
Just thick poster paper--not silk screened.

Post Reply