New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by Aquamarine »

Blew this one, as I missed the TMR tweet, and they don't sell cool posters in the swamp where I live. It's not even on eBay. :(
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Post by BrooklynKyle »

I'm surprised it's not on eBay yet. I'm hanging onto mine...unless it goes for crazy money. 7 JW shows were not cheap! :).

I was in the store probably 25 mins after the tweet (yay express subways). Just a couple people in there and not for the poster because a few looked at me when the clerk gave it to me. The stack looked to be about 25 or so.
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

BrooklynKyle wrote:I'm surprised it's not on eBay yet. I'm hanging onto mine...unless it goes for crazy money. 7 JW shows were not cheap! :).

I was in the store probably 25 mins after the tweet (yay express subways). Just a couple people in there and not for the poster because a few looked at me when the clerk gave it to me. The stack looked to be about 25 or so.
Only 25? Wow, they're really spreading these out. Hopefully they hit a bunch of different regions. Doing 25 of each at each location would be 20 different places (that is assuming there are 25 at each and 250 of each color).
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I don't get the huge rush for these, yes, they're hand numbered. So are EVERY other Jack White Poster. Yes there are only 250/260 of each. There are only about 100-150 sold of any show poster.

I don't see these having much value in the future, not that that should be the reason to buy/not buy, it just doesn't seem to warrant the rush.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

higherlimits wrote:I don't get the huge rush for these, yes, they're hand numbered. So are EVERY other Jack White Poster. Yes there are only 250/260 of each. There are only about 100-150 sold of any show poster.

I don't see these having much value in the future, not that that should be the reason to buy/not buy, it just doesn't seem to warrant the rush.
People like free stuff
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

higherlimits wrote:I don't get the huge rush for these, yes, they're hand numbered. So are EVERY other Jack White Poster. Yes there are only 250/260 of each. There are only about 100-150 sold of any show poster.

I just REALLY like the design, it's different to what I currently have. Not really all that concerned about the value of it :)

And yes, people like free stuff! :D
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

@thirdmanrecords: UK fans, today you can get a lmtd edish Jack White #ImShakin poster at @spillersrecords go down and see them in person!
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Oh, I didn't realize it was free, I guess I understand now..
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

maxman142001 wrote:@thirdmanrecords: UK fans, today you can get a lmtd edish Jack White #ImShakin poster at @spillersrecords go down and see them in person!
A friend of mine just went in and was told they didn't have any....
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Post by BrooklynKyle »

I don't really think people are going to get a ton of $ for them, but we'll see. It is a cool poster and it was free.

Re: the 25ish I saw--they could have had another stack somewhere, but it would be cool if they spread them out to a lot of locations. We seem to get the lion's share of JW stuff here in NY-5 shows, first lightning bolts, etc. Chicago, DC, Philly and others will hopefully get some posters too. I still can't believe he hasn't done a show at 9:30 club or another DC venue.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

BrooklynKyle wrote:I don't really think people are going to get a ton of $ for them, but we'll see. It is a cool poster and it was free.

Re: the 25ish I saw--they could have had another stack somewhere, but it would be cool if they spread them out to a lot of locations. We seem to get the lion's share of JW stuff here in NY-5 shows, first lightning bolts, etc. Chicago, DC, Philly and others will hopefully get some posters too. I still can't believe he hasn't done a show at 9:30 club or another DC venue.
Doing Freefest prohibits him from another DC area show I believe. I don't know how long either side of the festival he will have to wait.
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Post by BrooklynKyle »

dunedin wrote:
BrooklynKyle wrote:I don't really think people are going to get a ton of $ for them, but we'll see. It is a cool poster and it was free.

Doing Freefest prohibits him from another DC area show I believe. I don't know how long either side of the festival he will have to wait.

Ahh that makes sense. Even though I consider FF more of a Baltimore event. Does anyone think he'll add more shows or is this it? It's been 8 months...can't imagine he'll go for a full year. I wonder if there will be a second album next year or if he'll take a break from the solo thing. Also going to be interesting to see if NY gets fewer shows after the Radio City happening. Sorry for going off topic.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

These are not silk screened?
Normal glossy paper?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Black and Blue prints! BOOM!!!

Thanks to a dear friend in Cardiff! Phew, they didn't have any at first but once the tweet came from the record store they were out! :D :D
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Post by BrooklynKyle »

trickster wrote:These are not silk screened?
Normal glossy paper?
Just thick poster paper--not silk screened.