New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Re: New Hand Numbered Jack White Posters

Post by BrooklynKyle »

Scarlet Siren wrote:Black and Blue prints! BOOM!!!

Thanks to a dear friend in Cardiff! Phew, they didn't have any at first but once the tweet came from the record store they were out! :D :D
Congrats!!! Sounds like a great friend! I couldn't convince any of mine in other cities to go wait in line for a lightning bolt Blunderbuss :)
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I didn't realize till now that the damn thing was even free! Anybody who has an extra, I'd be happy to pay actual money for it . . .
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

I agree that these wont be worth much money down the road...but it's all about the experience of tracking these bad boys down! My favorite thing about Third Man is telling the story when people ask where I get these things. Like the Tom Jones tri color...I live in Chicago, studied abroad in Rome last semester, flew to Manchester that Thursday for a show, took a 4 hour train to Cardiff, and snagged the Tom Jones tri color while meeting some awesome swirlier (I'm talking about you John!). Nothing could ever take that away from me.

On a side note, anyone else notice that these record stores had tri color released in the past? Spillers, Rough Trade West...not sure about the NY shop, but I think I'm seeing a pattern here...wouldn't be surprised if Indy and Chicago are next
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

notwdrums18 wrote:I agree that these wont be worth much money down the road...but it's all about the experience of tracking these bad boys down! My favorite thing about Third Man is telling the story when people ask where I get these things. Like the Tom Jones tri color...I live in Chicago, studied abroad in Rome last semester, flew to Manchester that Thursday for a show, took a 4 hour train to Cardiff, and snagged the Tom Jones tri color while meeting some awesome swirlier (I'm talking about you John!). Nothing could ever take that away from me.

On a side note, anyone else notice that these record stores had tri color released in the past? Spillers, Rough Trade West...not sure about the NY shop, but I think I'm seeing a pattern here...wouldn't be surprised if Indy and Chicago are next
Yep I noticed this pattern too
Never trust a hippy
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

BrooklynKyle wrote:
Scarlet Siren wrote:Black and Blue prints! BOOM!!!

Thanks to a dear friend in Cardiff! Phew, they didn't have any at first but once the tweet came from the record store they were out! :D :D
Congrats!!! Sounds like a great friend! I couldn't convince any of mine in other cities to go wait in line for a lightning bolt Blunderbuss :)
Thank you! I'm VERY lucky to have a friend in Cardiff (and Leeds for the poster yesterday). My friends know ALL about this and about me so yeah... i have some fabulous tolerant friends. I definitely owe some favours!

so, is that 250 of each version or 250 of both??
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Managed to get both the Black & Blue from Jumbo in Leeds. They are numbered in pencil. Black posters all had odd numbers, Blue all had evens. So not sure if the total run is 250. The image is really cool. But these are normal glossy promo posters, not silk screened. But I'm very happy, and they were free!!!!!

Thanks to the awesome staff in Jumbo who know about my obsession. And before anyone comments, they were still strict on the one per person rule. But they seemed to know that I would be coming. It pays to strike up a great relationship with your local record store....and spend a fair bit of money in there from time to time.

And to notwdrums, it was very nice to meet you too. Nice avatar you have, admiring the tri-colour spoils of the day over coffee. :D
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

It's even better if you've got a local record store. We used to have one, sort of, the other half of the store being a knitting emporium, but both halves closed last RSD. :(
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

destijl wrote:Managed to get both the Black & Blue from Jumbo in Leeds. They are numbered in pencil. Black posters all had odd numbers, Blue all had evens. So not sure if the total run is 250. The image is really cool. But these are normal glossy promo posters, not silk screened. But I'm very happy, and they were free!!!!!

Thanks to the awesome staff in Jumbo who know about my obsession. And before anyone comments, they were still strict on the one per person rule. But they seemed to know that I would be coming. It pays to strike up a great relationship with your local record store....and spend a fair bit of money in there from time to time.

And to notwdrums, it was very nice to meet you too. Nice avatar you have, admiring the tri-colour spoils of the day over coffee. :D
Congrats!!! Nice one :D

I can't wait to see them for myself now, hopefully should receive one of them tomorrow.

Absolutely! I used to collect records when I was in high school, around 15 years ago or so (more so than I do now). I used to save up my lunch money for a week just to buy things.
These guys saw me coming! LOL! But yeah, they used to hold back some awesome bits and pieces for me and give me first choice on the things I was in to.
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Post by BrooklynKyle »

Other Music might have been where the RSS parked the record release week and had lightning bolts. I know it was a record store around there. Unfortunately they were running late that day and didn't make if til 3 or so...couldn't run down there to get one :(. Hoping they have them next week for the CMJ festival (which they oddly haven't mentions since the orig announcement months back).

My black poster is an even number. It probably is 250 of each...though 250 total would be great for value :).

You're right NotW, I'll definitely never forget running down to the subway and hoofing it several blocks in my suit/tie to get it!
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

BrooklynKyle wrote:Other Music might have been where the RSS parked the record release week and had lightning bolts. I know it was a record store around there. Unfortunately they were running late that day and didn't make if til 3 or so...couldn't run down there to get one :(. Hoping they have them next week for the CMJ festival (which they oddly haven't mentions since the orig announcement months back).

My black poster is an even number. It probably is 250 of each...though 250 total would be great for value :).

You're right NotW, I'll definitely never forget running down to the subway and hoofing it several blocks in my suit/tie to get it!
Lol I can totally picture that. That will probably me if they announce it for Chicago. Hoping they don't do it while I'm in class...normally, that wouldn't seem like a big deal cuz classes end, but my classes are all 3 hours long. Hoping I can snag one!
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Third Man Records‏@thirdmanrecords

Jack White #ImShakin lmtd edish posters avail at @newburycomics Newbury St location today.. Free, first come first served...
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
BrooklynKyle
Little Bird

Post by BrooklynKyle »

Run Bostonians, Run!!!!!..../ grab me a blue one! :)
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

BrooklynKyle wrote:Run Bostonians, Run!!!!!..../ grab me a blue one! :)
ditto
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
jashraf
Little Bird

Post by jashraf »

There are 44 left at Piccadilly Records in Manchester. There were 45 until I my cousin just snagged one for me a second ago. Go, go, go....
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Around 20 minutes ago someone told me Manchester had 5 left...