Rarest 2012 Blunderbust tour Print & Best/worst tour prints

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

The first question is objective. Which is the rarest Tour Poster if the 2012 Never Ending, Fabulous Jack White Solo Blunderbuss tour. My guess is the Birmingham Alabama WorkPlay poster. Limited to run of 80 available to public(not counting artist-both musician a print artist-copies and others stashed in various cubbies and corners. The Next is subjective. The Triple Decker is an obvious choice... If one considers it a Tour Print bit was, in fact available at shows, but it was available at locales other than venue(ie Nashville store) and has no designation of town it was representing. While some overseas prints caught my eye, many seemed, for lack of a better word, lazy. A majority seem to be an interpretation, and in some cases, reproductions where they only differance in color(mostly Jack White Azure), of vintage, mostly war era propaganda and city exclusive pictures. My choice is, again, Birmingham. While it DOES use a WWII era picture of a blown out town, the guy falling(or the ill-conceived idea of Birds... Though a case could be made that it was two birds flying in tandom. Though the wingspan still seems rather large) and the sheen on the print is exquisite. On the flip side. My least favorite poster is the London 'Free Bleed' Print. It's lacks any real creativity. Just a reprint of a war era picture in Jack White Azure. The Chattanooga Print is also lacking. It seems to be lacking.

I know this isn't the most thought provoking topic, but I am interested in yer opinions. And any information if you find a print is in more limited supply than the WorkPaly print(just try to find one online. I recently sold the extra I Had for 10x
The price I payed. I'm not gloating. I didn't want to part with my poster. The person that wanted my extra print wanted it very badly and insisted it was worth $300. I still didn't want to part with it at that price. Burnout was a yer fan that was unable to acquire one at the show and they insisted intake the $$$. In fact, when I was finally ready to ship it, I told them it was a gift. They proceees to go against my wishes and sent me a $300 money order. I felt like a Terribly capitalistic flipper when I cashed the money gram. The guilt may be why I announced the price I got. Part of me wants me to flames I suppose. Hahaha. Thanks for looking at this totally meaningless thread. I do hope you post and join me in my print focus group!

Hail hail Rob Jones!
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Re: Rarest 2012 Blunderbust tour Print & Best/worst tour pri

Post by thirdtesla »

I suppose the triple Decker should be considered a tour print. Maybe not show specific(though it could be argued it is a Ryman print.). I find it to be more of a collectors item than a souvineer(which a concert print ultimately is. Why a person would want a print to a show they did not attend doesn't really make sense. It is a hobby nonetheless. A sometimes expensive one.) Am I too parenthetical? I have regard for
Comeplete sentence a parenthetical thought is more like graffiti with punctuation(in some cases.-ha. See what I did there?)
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

i think the Mayan horse poster is probably one of the rarest and imo one of the coolest. Anyone have an extra for me? :D
houses are full of things that gather dust
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Best print for me was the Omaha.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Best print was a toss up between Omaha and red rocks.
Worst would be shrine, 2nd night :(
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

i think the coolest is the webster hall nyc poster,,, damm awesome

yup agree that mayan is also very cool
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

maxman142001 wrote: Worst would be shrine, 2nd night :(
:lol: seriously, with the first night not that far behind. i have an extra of each of those btw if anyone is interested.. (seriously i do have extras)
houses are full of things that gather dust
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

London - Hammersmith (F**KING Awesome) & Brixton (pretty shit on it's own). But the fact that these fit together perfectly is genius. I'm getting these framed together, but it's a bit pricey because the Hammersmith is BIG. But I may be biased because those were the shows that I was at.

The triple decker???? concept was very good but in reality it looks crap.

Chattanooga is awesome (and on my wall) and probably is my favourite. The Todd Slater Paris and Aussie sets are also awesome (wish I had those).

As much as I love Rob Jones, I have to agree with the LAZY comment on many of the Blunderbuss tour posters.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

destijl wrote:London - Hammersmith (F**KING Awesome) & Brixton (pretty shit on it's own). But the fact that these fit together perfectly is genius. I'm getting these framed together, but it's a bit pricey because the Hammersmith is BIG. But I may be biased because those were the shows that I was at.
I was about to say this... spot on. I have this diptych also, absolutely love it (it didn't occur to me that it was a set until the day after the Hammersmith show) can't wait to get it framed once I get round to it.

I'm also not keen on the second Shrine show poster.

On the top of my list is to acquire the Red Rocks/Omaha/Shrine (first show) as a set. Second to that is the trio of posters for the Canada shows.
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

This is the best according to my opinion.

JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

Brixton by far (and because I have it).
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

I would never consider the Rob Jones prints as 'Lazy'.
Jpgs never do prints justice. You have to see them in person.
The detail on the prints is exceptional.
Quite a few great prints by Slater (europe) and Silent Giant (wiltern) but
Hammersmith / Brixton best for me.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Hans_ka wrote:This is the best according to my opinion.

Mine too! I dig some of the Euro prints too. Some are friggin' huge! I just hate these are so rare(according to RJ email 'there were 60 WorkPlay prints made'! I sold my extra and regret it. Having mine mounted with light blue matting and slate frame. I understand the collector value in making a limited number(but why not number them in that case?) but I feel they should have enough so most people can get one. I have a lot Of friends that waited until the crap opener was on stage to go to merch table and they missed out on this print! Perhaps im biased cuz that was a great show in an intimate venue. Ball and biscuit was great... especially the acrobatic
Move he had to pull of to get the guiyar strap back on his shoulder. Since it was first Buzzards only show, seemed like they really let it hang out. He seemed in great spirits and his voice was top notch! Hope The DW and solo show at WorkPlay is the beginning of a WorkPlay/JW tradition. You could have been in the back against the wall and its like being in the center pit of an average to larger venue. Of anyone comes across another bham
Poster, let me know. I saw some the day after, but they were fine quick and for crazy $! Glad I posted this topic. Great seeing everyone's opinion. I so wish ole RJ put more thought in the prints.
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

thirdtesla wrote:
Hans_ka wrote:This is the best according to my opinion.

Mine too! I dig some of the Euro prints too. Some are friggin' huge! I just hate these are so rare(according to RJ email 'there were 60 WorkPlay prints made'! I sold my extra and regret it. Having mine mounted with light blue matting and slate frame. I understand the collector value in making a limited number(but why not number them in that case?) but I feel they should have enough so most people can get one. I have a lot Of friends that waited until the crap opener was on stage to go to merch table and they missed out on this print! Perhaps im biased cuz that was a great show in an intimate venue. Ball and biscuit was great... especially the acrobatic
Move he had to pull of to get the guiyar strap back on his shoulder. Since it was first Buzzards only show, seemed like they really let it hang out. He seemed in great spirits and his voice was top notch! Hope The DW and solo show at WorkPlay is the beginning of a WorkPlay/JW tradition. You could have been in the back against the wall and its like being in the center pit of an average to larger venue. Of anyone comes across another bham
Poster, let me know. I saw some the day after, but they were fine quick and for crazy $! Glad I posted this topic. Great seeing everyone's opinion. I so wish ole RJ put more thought in the prints.
60 prints! Glad I picked it up from ebay when I did.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

At least 50% of how much I like a poster is based on whether I was there or not, so I'm not sure my opinion counts........
Patient B1003