Rarest 2012 Blunderbust tour Print & Best/worst tour prints

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Rarest 2012 Blunderbust tour Print & Best/worst tour pri

Post by Alabama Woody »

The NY posters are kind of screwed up you can see the date for another show and it was for Rosewood. They just redid a couple of things and sold it in NY. Roses all over the poster. I think Jack just did not give a fuck in NY.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

I'll put my hat in the ring for the Red Rocks poster as being 'best'. I enjoy the 'travel badges' included on the luggage, kind of a continuation of the SXSW travel badge sticker idea in a way. I don't know about 'worst', but I don't think you can call any of RJ's work 'lazy'... although they are perhaps not White Stripes caliber.
Theresa Lime
Space Oddity

Post by Theresa Lime »

There were 80 Birmingham prints available at the show from an edition of 195. If they weren't numbered, then it means the printer forgot to number them in the rush to get them out the door.

The date in the underprint of the Radio City poster (May 22) is the feast day for St. Rita. In life, as the story goes, she had a head wound that never healed and had a mephitic stench. Upon her death on May 22, 1457, the wound emitted the fragrance of roses.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Theresa Lime wrote:There were 80 Birmingham prints available at the show from an edition of 195. If they weren't numbered, then it means the printer forgot to number them in the rush to get them out the door.

The date in the underprint of the Radio City poster (May 22) is the feast day for St. Rita. In life, as the story goes, she had a head wound that never healed and had a mephitic stench. Upon her death on May 22, 1457, the wound emitted the fragrance of roses.
Welcome and thanks for the insight...ROB?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

I put my vote in for Chattanooga...just a great poster...close second for me is the red rocks...
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Triple Deckers did have the Ryman show info on them.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Along the bottom the Triple Decker says:

"The Ryman - Nashville TN - With Alabama Shakes"

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Incidentally, this is my favorite print from the tour so far...

Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Rarest 2012 Blunderbust tour Print & Best/worst tour prints

Post by Littlema »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Incidentally, this is my favorite print from the tour so far...

Yeah the 3 rob jones did that remind his 3 bands are really great, my favorite is the melbourne one by Todd slater.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Incidentally, this is my favorite print from the tour so far...

My favorite also have the racs poster that has this background in it wish I could get this one for a good price.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The best Blunderbuss tour prints are the ones hanging on my walls.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Agree that you have to see them in person to really appreciate a lot of them. The inks and paper give amazing detail vs a flat online pic. Also have a much cozier relationship with posters for shows I went to. All that said, I love my Webster and Montreal posters...but I also bought Eugene and Roseland because they were so effin' great. Would kill for Omaha and Red Rocks too, tho'.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Stl_ben wrote:
Theresa Lime wrote:There were 80 Birmingham prints available at the show from an edition of 195. If they weren't numbered, then it means the printer forgot to number them in the rush to get them out the door.

Welcome and thanks for the insight...ROB?
Harry Lime;
Theresa Green;
Theresa Lime

Sounds like Mr Jones. Thanks for the background.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Theresa Lime wrote:The date in the underprint of the Radio City poster (May 22) is the feast day for St. Rita. In life, as the story goes, she had a head wound that never healed and had a mephitic stench. Upon her death on May 22, 1457, the wound emitted the fragrance of roses.
Missed this earlier. Very cool. I think that Radio City is now one of the top 5 of the tour for me. Gonna be on my wall as soon as I can get my butt to the framer.

We need more little tidbits like this, whomever they're from.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

My webster hall print is my favorite still by far, looking at it right now and ya that was the best solo show i saw this tour and the poster fits it well