Triple Decker Poster

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Triple Decker Poster

Post by higherlimits »

Man, I forgot about that balsa wood plane, it's something I need in my collection! ugh.. oh well, I don't have any of the tartan stuff aside from the scarf so it's not like it's the only hole..
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Shockadow wrote:Funny story.
We drove up from Atlanta & scored a couple of the Black prints. One for me & one for my buddy who got us the tickets. The tickets were supposed to be for TUESDAY'S show.
When we got to will call, the tickets were actually for WEDNESDAY'S show. After a minor heart attack, we swapped with a scalper but the delay caused us to miss the blue & the White poster.
I am willing to trade damn near anything for the blue one @ the White one. I'm offerring a black one, a bootleg from the Tuesday concert, & a balsawood propeller plane given out @ the White Stripes movie. If that isn't enough, I'll add some cash. this is NOT FOR RESALE. It is for my music room wall.
Hook me up. I'm dyin'...
R u the same Shockadow on Ween Forum dot net?
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

BluefordT wrote:
We drove up from Atlanta & scored a couple of the Black prints. One for me & one for my buddy who got us the tickets. The tickets were supposed to be for TUESDAY'S show.
When we got to will call, the tickets were actually for WEDNESDAY'S show. After a minor heart attack, we swapped with a scalper but the delay caused us to miss the blue & the White poster.
I am willing to trade damn near anything for the blue one @ the White one. I'm offerring a black one, a bootleg from the Tuesday concert, & a balsawood propeller plane given out @ the White Stripes movie. If that isn't enough, I'll add some cash. this is NOT FOR RESALE. It is for my music room wall.
Hook me up. I'm dyin'...
AHHHHH! I've been trying to figure out all morning where I know that name from. Nailed it.
Shockadow
Little Bird

Post by Shockadow »

ellisintransit wrote:
BluefordT wrote:
Hook me up. I'm dyin'...
AHHHHH! I've been trying to figure out all morning where I know that name from. Nailed it.

That's me! Hopefully my Ween persona won't affect me negatively on here... I'm really hoping to complete this collection.
(the bootleg from night 1came out damn well, BTW)
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Shockadow wrote:
ellisintransit wrote:
BluefordT wrote:
Hook me up. I'm dyin'...

That's me! Hopefully my Ween persona won't affect me negatively on here... I'm really hoping to complete this collection.
Send me a copy of the boot, an your secret/s are safe with me! lol
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Shockadow wrote: That's me! Hopefully my Ween persona won't affect me negatively on here... I'm really hoping to complete this collection.
OHHHH YEAH! I'm not man enough to post on the Ween forum, just a lurker for years. :D Welcome tot he swirl and good luck!
Shockadow
Little Bird

Post by Shockadow »

ellisintransit wrote:
Shockadow wrote: That's me! Hopefully my Ween persona won't affect me negatively on here... I'm really hoping to complete this collection.
OHHHH YEAH! I'm not man enough to post on the Ween forum, just a lurker for years. :D Welcome tot he swirl and good luck!
Thanks, y'all! I'll be posting the bootleg on dime & i'll also have a mediafire link for the MP3s. Happy to share it with everyone. It was one hell-uv-a ride!
Will these forum mods get pissy about linking to it thru the forum. It was a kinda sneaky move to record it after they kindly asked us not to.
I can probably use a change of scenery from the Ween forum, anyway. Lack of musical output has made that a very very angry webspot.

Keep me in mind if anyone wants a black poster & has a blue/White one to swap. ( im VERY grateful in advance & plan to ply the person who does it with all sorts of yummy "thank-you" presents. )
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Shockadow wrote:Will these forum mods get pissy about linking to it thru the forum. It was a kinda sneaky move to record it after they kindly asked us not to.
I just noticed your mention of this in the LR Ryman thread and linked you there to the Jack bootleg thread. Your sneaky move will make a great addition (and hopefully not get us in trouble).
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Seriously looking forward to hearing that!
Shockadow
Little Bird

Post by Shockadow »

Come on, y'all.... I'm starting to think I'm not gonna get to complete my set...
I guess the folks that got em are seeing $$ signs in their eyes...
Still hopin' for a miracle...
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Shockadow wrote:Come on, y'all.... I'm starting to think I'm not gonna get to complete my set...
I'm going to be very polite when I say this to you, please understand that with only 4 posts some people probably wont even talk to you let alone help you with your issue, get in line behind the 12 year olds and we will address your question after a while.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Shockadow wrote:Come on, y'all.... I'm starting to think I'm not gonna get to complete my set...
Collecting is a LONG HAUL. If you want this badly enough and are willing to wait it out, you will get it. The key is to stumble upon some lovely piece of rarity that you are willing to part with. Get a Tri or something like it and trade!
Has everything you said today been true?
Shockadow
Little Bird

Post by Shockadow »

hawke000 wrote:
I'm going to be very polite when I say this to you, please understand that with only 4 posts some people probably wont even talk to you let alone help you with your issue, get in line behind the 12 year olds and we will address your question after a while.

I completely understand that I am not a regular collector.
I am just a guy who loves anything Jack White touches & wanted to commemorate the show I saw because it felt like something really special. I don't want ALL of the stuff, just 2 posters.
Not sure about the 12 year old comment. I guess that was you being funny?
Just because I have not been a forum member for very long does not take away from my fandom. I've been seeing the White Stripes & Jack's other assorted projects for many, many moons. Regardless, I would not have even known about this site had the Little Room folks directed me over here. Sorry to infiltrate your community with my hand out. It was definitely unbecoming. I just wanted the posters & thought I had something worth trading for... But what the fuck do I know?
I still have a balsa plane & a black egg poster from night 1 to trade & Am willing to negotiate the rest. Also, I posted the links to the Ryman night 1 bootleg in the Little Room.
I guess I don't belong here so, Au revoir. Enjoy the bootleg...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Don't let Hawkeye get to you, he's just jealous he doesn't have super powers and just shoots arrows all day long....

Thanks for the tape, keep coming around and reading/commenting. The more you participate, the less folks like our buddy Hawkeye can stand in the way of you getting the stuff you need here instead of eBay. I love Hawkeye, but I understand his frustration and I share it as well sometimes. Just check out that huge thread about the guy selling some tour singles and I offered him $7.01 and some Jack White toenail clippings....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Shockadow
Little Bird

Post by Shockadow »

rsimms3 wrote:Don't let Hawkeye get to you, he's just jealous he doesn't have super powers and just shoots arrows all day long....

Thanks for the tape, keep coming around and reading/commenting. The more you participate, the less folks like our buddy Hawkeye can stand in the way of you getting the stuff you need here instead of eBay. I love Hawkeye, but I understand his frustration and I share it as well sometimes. Just check out that huge thread about the guy selling some tour singles and I offered him $7.01 and some Jack White toenail clippings....

I'm gonna stick around. I'm just hungover as hell & pouting a little.
I'm a 10 year soldier from the ween forum. I can handle a little heat & hazing. I promise to give back more than I take.
It's how I roll...

(Plus, I gotta lead on my search.)