Triple Decker Poster

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Re: Triple Decker Poster

Post by woodisgood »

TMR loves us. TMR hates us.

Thank God I'm not a poster collector.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

hope i can score a hatch print.
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

woodisgood wrote:TMR loves us. TMR hates us.

I wasn't a poster collector until I got a couple from the March shows. That seems to have put a teeny, tiny little hook into me. I need to spend some time with tweezers, digging it back out again.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Hate it, looks like a woman not Jack and the fact that they are selling the pieces separately just pisses me off. Not that I want it anyway, but I think they are over thinking now. Can't some things just be easy?
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Kali Durga wrote:

I wasn't a poster collector until I got a couple from the March shows. That seems to have put a teeny, tiny little hook into me. I need to spend some time with tweezers, digging it back out again.
I love posters, but my policy is (mostly) only to buy posters for shows I attend. Otherwise that hook would have fished a lot of money from my pockets.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ It's already gotten a bunch out of mine. Framing's damned expensive.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

These are posters I would not want to roll into a tube while attending a rock show. Oooof!

I applaud as always the fact that TMR like doing unique/oh-so-limited items like this poster. But seriously: You gotta go one place to get part of it, then another to get the other part the next day? Which means lining up hours and hours before the event starts? This triple poster thing really sounds like a test of wills for fans.

(And I also just wanna say: The Lightning Bolt: $500? $750? $1000? Simply for a small streak of blue? That's the item that's made me cry "UNCLE!!")
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

F ME! I do collect posters. Mostly from shows I go to, but ugh! I just don't have the money to throw at this crap anymore. I want this, but I cannot even think about it. I actually think I am a little more interested in the Hatch print anyway. And I still think my Webster Hall poster looks cooler than this.
Has everything you said today been true?
Boonth76
Little Cream Soda

Post by Boonth76 »

Can any of u see the womans face in the bottom right corner of the raven
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

woodisgood wrote:These are posters I would not want to roll into a tube while attending a rock show. Oooof!

I applaud as always the fact that TMR like doing unique/oh-so-limited items like this poster. But seriously: You gotta go one place to get part of it, then another to get the other part the next day? Which means lining up hours and hours before the event starts? This triple poster thing really sounds like a test of wills for fans.

(And I also just wanna say: The Lightning Bolt: $500? $750? $1000? Simply for a small streak of blue? That's the item that's made me cry "UNCLE!!")
exactly my thoughts on the lightning vinyl...its only a streak of blue on a black vinyl..i dont see the reason for the insane prices.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:

exactly what happened with me..
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

i just want the black one, can somebody hook me up? :D
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

rival wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:You also can't see Jack's signature on the white poster when you put them together. It becomes like an Easter egg that only you know about. But, for anyone who can only get that one specific portion of the puzzle, it makes that piece cooler.
Judging by the shape under the bird's head I bet there are some variations to this poster beside just laying the 3 on top of one another. Like flipping one over or rotating them 180 could yield a new image.

Also, at the very end of the movie the printer runs the black poster over a template which looks like a village or something...maybe there's some element of black light or glow in the dark to the black piece.
i was looking at the base plate image and its likely just a surface that things were laid upon... its a northwest landscape image with lots of conifer trees which may be a poster being run for sasquawatch event (yeah spelling i know) but its not likely to be a part of the triple decker piece

i would encase each poster in some plexi on both sides with washers and spac holders to divide the layers and then install the layered poster assemblage with a long machine screw through the plexi on both sides into an acid free mount on luan to keep it light weight

then they might be viewed as components in a separation display from one angle then straight on as the intentional layered image

i would also mount it in an acrylic shadow box and make sure that there was a half between each unit for individual piece viewing

i have my own ideas about this image and how i might decide to enjoy it to its fullest despite the only 75 per each show notion
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Wed May 16, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

This idea was done much better with the UBL clear card slips.

I'm just loving hearing "laser cut" from third man records at the moment.
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

Bums me right out. Think I will sell all of my material possessions and move to the mountains. Make my own triple decker posters.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~