Triple Decker Poster

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Triple Decker Poster

Post by 7th_son »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hawke000

Re: Triple Decker Poster

Post by hawke000 »

ah fuck. that's it I quit again.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I didn't see it, I don't think it's at all amazingly cool, I don't want any or all of them... Really. Truly. Honestly.

And I'll just keep repeating that to myself well past the time that this thing shows up on eBay for too many dollars.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

UGGHH...Im not even going to get started..
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

love it.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

I'm not really impressed by the final result design, even if the idea is really cool.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I don't understand the point of all thes stuff on the black poster if you can't see any of it..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

You also can't see Jack's signature on the white poster when you put them together. It becomes like an Easter egg that only you know about. But, for anyone who can only get that one specific portion of the puzzle, it makes that piece cooler.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Kali Durga wrote:You also can't see Jack's signature on the white poster when you put them together. It becomes like an Easter egg that only you know about. But, for anyone who can only get that one specific portion of the puzzle, it makes that piece cooler.
Judging by the shape under the bird's head I bet there are some variations to this poster beside just laying the 3 on top of one another. Like flipping one over or rotating them 180 could yield a new image.

Also, at the very end of the movie the printer runs the black poster over a template which looks like a village or something...maybe there's some element of black light or glow in the dark to the black piece.
Last edited by rival on Tue May 15, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Meh. I am betting 50% of these get FUBAR when people try to roll/tube them with those cutouts. Suckers.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

I'd just frame the blue and white ones separately with a black matte, or maybe blue on white and white on blue. The design just looks better than when combined
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Jack White=Marketing Genius

ISO all three posters...
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

bkramer10 wrote:I'd just frame the blue and white ones separately with a black matte, or maybe blue on white and white on blue. The design just looks better than when combined
actually, now that I look at it I agree that the white and blue ones look better seperately.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Thank goodness I don't really do posters. A few, but not a themed set or anything. Heck, even the name of the poster set is gonna get people in a frenzy. Pretty cool, but again, I'm glad I don't fiend over posters.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

hawke000 wrote:ah fuck. that's it I quit again.
+1
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org