Triple Decker Poster

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Re: Triple Decker Poster

Post by LaurieAK »

Thanks Dude.
Anyone try "rolling" these posters yet??
punkroxford
Little Bird

Post by punkroxford »

For trade: I have 2 of the black prints with the eggs. Looking for 2 Hatch prints in exchange. Pm if interested.
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

The posters are not to be rolled. They were sold flat with a cardboard back in a plastic sleeve so they could be kept flat. They look even cooler in person. My blue and white from the Ryman show made it through the show just fine.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

thanks so much for the info about the posters.
Does anyone have experience with shipping something large and flat like this via Fedex?
That would be my only choice...(other than folding them) :D
percival
Little Bird

Trade for the Black Poster?

Post by percival »

I showed up to TMR late and didn't score a black poster, but I did get to the Ryman in time to get the blue & white posters. I'm going to the show tonight and will try to score another set of blue & white posters. Does anyone have a black poster they might want to trade for either a bluer or white poster if I can get my hands on a set tonight?
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Re: Trade for the Black Poster?

Post by tigerj67 »

percival wrote:I showed up to TMR late and didn't score a black poster, but I did get to the Ryman in time to get the blue & white posters. I'm going to the show tonight and will try to score another set of blue & white posters. Does anyone have a black poster they might want to trade for either a bluer or white poster if I can get my hands on a set tonight?
What time did you have to get there last night so you could get the blue and white posters?
percival
Little Bird

Post by percival »

I arrived at 3:30, and already about 10 people in front of me in line. So, it was a 3 hour wait.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

If anyone else is on the fence about the posters that can't be rolled (and you'd need to ship), I talked with Fedex and was shown a super-sturdy art box that looks worth taking a risk on.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

LaurieAK wrote:If anyone else is on the fence about the posters that can't be rolled (and you'd need to ship), I talked with Fedex and was shown a super-sturdy art box that looks worth taking a risk on.
I have used these with success before. I have also paid a little extra and encased the posters in foam core and then cut some plywood for either side and shipped that way. It might be overkill, but that print was worth A LOT. I guess it depends on who you are selling to how much you want to take care of it.
Has everything you said today been true?
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Thanks for the info. Plywood is out, but maybe they have some foam core. Don't plan on flipping it. Just want it safely in Alaska :)
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Loving these posters. The intricacy of the laser etchings is different on the III area of each one, and I really didn't realize they were labeled and numbered as well. My white one has a little spot that the laser missed, and also notice how thin the IIIs are on the blue one.

jbharris76
Little Cream Soda

Re: Trade for the Black Poster?

Post by jbharris76 »

percival wrote:I showed up to TMR late and didn't score a black poster, but I did get to the Ryman in time to get the blue & white posters. I'm going to the show tonight and will try to score another set of blue & white posters. Does anyone have a black poster they might want to trade for either a bluer or white poster if I can get my hands on a set tonight?

I've got a black for trade.........i'm sure we can come up with something fair. let me know if you have that extra set, and we can do it right away.
percival
Little Bird

UPDATE: Trade for the Black Poster?

Post by percival »

jbharris76 wrote:

I've got a black for trade.........i'm sure we can come up with something fair. let me know if you have that extra set, and we can do it right away.

Thankks for the offer, but I ended up trading with someone at last night's show for a black poster so I'm covered now. :D
Shockadow
Little Bird

Post by Shockadow »

Funny story.
We drove up from Atlanta & scored a couple of the Black prints. One for me & one for my buddy who got us the tickets. The tickets were supposed to be for TUESDAY'S show.
When we got to will call, the tickets were actually for WEDNESDAY'S show. After a minor heart attack, we swapped with a scalper but the delay caused us to miss the blue & the White poster.
I am willing to trade damn near anything for the blue one @ the White one. I'm offerring a black one, a bootleg from the Tuesday concert, & a balsawood propeller plane given out @ the White Stripes movie. If that isn't enough, I'll add some cash. this is NOT FOR RESALE. It is for my music room wall.
Hook me up. I'm dyin'...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Shockadow wrote:Funny story.
We drove up from Atlanta & scored a couple of the Black prints. One for me & one for my buddy who got us the tickets. The tickets were supposed to be for TUESDAY'S show.
When we got to will call, the tickets were actually for WEDNESDAY'S show. After a minor heart attack, we swapped with a scalper but the delay caused us to miss the blue & the White poster.
I am willing to trade damn near anything for the blue one @ the White one. I'm offerring a black one, a bootleg from the Tuesday concert, & a balsawood propeller plane given out @ the White Stripes movie. If that isn't enough, I'll add some cash. this is NOT FOR RESALE. It is for my music room wall.
Hook me up. I'm dyin'...
Even though this is his first post, he's over on the Little Room as well and I can vouch for him. He truly wants it for his own collection. Someone hook him up! :D