Triple Decker Poster

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
love_islander
Little People

Re: Triple Decker Poster

Post by love_islander »

higherlimits wrote:Man, I forgot about that balsa wood plane, it's something I need in my collection! ugh.. oh well, I don't have any of the tartan stuff aside from the scarf so it's not like it's the only hole..
You gotta leave that hole alone.

This thread makes that thing I saw over on the recent acq. thread make so much more sense... Cool poster set.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Just got done framing mine. Didn't fit as perfect in the 18x24 frame as I thought it would but I'm still happy. Haven't scored a black poster yet but black cardboard worked perfect.

<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Dropped my blue'n'white off for framing this weekend. Splurged for a brushed silvery black mat in the background, told the framer that one day, one day, I will bring it back to have him re-place it with the actual black poster.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

sadly... the black poster is the only one i really want ... i do love the triple decker concept and yet if i went for the series then i would want it framed in layers so that i could look at all and each of the layers without having to disassemble them ... i have toyed with a variety of combinations related to staggering the images and features in a way that layers them as well as spreads them so that the features can all be read but that becomes a sizable framing and layered matting puzzle that i just dont need ... i decided the black poster was the coolest one

so if any of you were in nashville and picked up an extra black one its an ISO for me
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah! Just got a message back from my framer. I sent him the link to the TMR announcement about the posters, with the video showing how they were made, and apparently everyone in the shop got a huge kick out of it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

maxman142001 wrote:Just got done framing mine. Didn't fit as perfect in the 18x24 frame as I thought it would but I'm still happy. Haven't scored a black poster yet but black cardboard worked perfect.

pick up those socks, man.
he is everything i hate...
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

chill elduderino! they have been gone for some time...maybe I should take a current picture :)

Still in the hunt for a black poster as well....Thinking about contacting them to see when the other posters they didnt sell will be available...
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Thought I would share this. I am just as curious as everyone else about where the additional 125 of each poster went. I emailed TMR to find out. Here is their response:

I;m not sure where you read that 275 were produced, because we definitely sold out! I'm not sure the fact number that were made, but it was close to the 150 of each that we sold. So unfortunately, we won't be releasing them online or selling anymore, because we're all out! Sorry about that. Hopefully you can get your hands on a black version soon!

Me:On the back of each poster they were each numbered out of 275? Is this incorrect?

Well, that must be correct, then! I'm thinking that Brice, who did all of the laser cutting, may have some copies? What I do know is that we don't have any here at Third Man. Sorry I can't help you out further! I wish I had more information for you.

I have sent an email to Bryce at Isle of Printing to see if he can shed some light on where the missing prints are....
Ill keep everyone updated !
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

maxman142001 wrote:Thought I would share this. I am just as curious as everyone else about where the additional 125 of each poster went. I emailed TMR to find out. Here is their response:

I;m not sure where you read that 275 were produced, because we definitely sold out! I'm not sure the fact number that were made, but it was close to the 150 of each that we sold. So unfortunately, we won't be releasing them online or selling anymore, because we're all out! Sorry about that. Hopefully you can get your hands on a black version soon!

Me:On the back of each poster they were each numbered out of 275? Is this incorrect?

Well, that must be correct, then! I'm thinking that Brice, who did all of the laser cutting, may have some copies? What I do know is that we don't have any here at Third Man. Sorry I can't help you out further! I wish I had more information for you.

I have sent an email to Bryce at Isle of Printing to see if he can shed some light on where the missing prints are....
Awesome research! keep it up...anyone thats looking to buy these should definately wait it out because if the supply doubles soon, then the price is sure to drop.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Is it just me, or does it make more sense to put the white poster on top so his name is visible?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I only have the blue and white ones and I'm just gonna frame them separately with black backgrounds. I don't need to see Jack White as Elvis. :lol:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

mojoryan wrote:Is it just me, or does it make more sense to put the white poster on top so his name is visible?
I considered doing that, but decided not to because that way you only see the peacock and not the vulture. But the way I asked to have them framed, I should be able to open it up and change them if I felt like it.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

maxman142001 wrote:Thought I would share this. I am just as curious as everyone else about where the additional 125 of each poster went. I emailed TMR to find out. Here is their response:

I emailed Isle of Printing a couple times and posted on their facebook page asking about whats up with the other 125 but no responses. Someone here has mentioned to me that they heard the rest were given to friends and family of those involved. Not sure if that is true or not, but I'm still waiting it out hoping they show up soon.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

jeez, bryce must have a shitload of copies left...
he is everything i hate...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

mojoryan wrote:Is it just me, or does it make more sense to put the white poster on top so his name is visible?
here is a poorly knifed option that shows all of the logo/name plate options while retaining most of the images

i thought about Mojoryan's option and i thought about curse of halos' option ... just for the sake of looking at another solution to show the white poster signature this is what i worked out with the photochopper

but this still leaves me with the dilemma of no eggs... so then i looked at this option

i weighed all the options and felt like the best poster of them all was the black one which is the only one i want
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow