Jack White 2012 Tour Poster Archive

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack White 2012 Tour Poster Archive

Post by TwinkleLights »

arewhyehen wrote:
Jamie wrote:So it seems the secret to being a poster artist is: Find a picture > Increase constrast > Add filter > Add text > ? > Profit
IF there is anything I have learned its that all art is recycled. All art is borrowed from someone/something or somewhere else. movements....specific pieces, they all influence eachother. There are plenty of famous artists who were famous just for photographing someone elses art and then calling it their own art because they turned a painting into a photo or something stupid..

there was some quote we learned that was something like "art is most successful when it influences future generations.." or something. :lol: i dont like the class much

Post Modern art is all about recycling past art styles.. ;)
And Marcel Duchamp has a urinal hanging in the Tate Modern (or at least he did... Not positive if "fountain" is still on display or not) go figure.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

TwinkleLights wrote:And Marcel Duchamp has a urinal hanging in the Tate Modern (or at least he did... Not positive if "fountain" is still on display or not) go figure.
Gotta wonder if that's where TMR got the idea.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

TwinkleLights wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Jamie wrote:So it seems the secret to being a poster artist is: Find a picture > Increase constrast > Add filter > Add text > ? > Profit
IF there is anything I have learned its that all art is recycled. All art is borrowed from someone/something or somewhere else. movements....specific pieces, they all influence eachother. There are plenty of famous artists who were famous just for photographing someone elses art and then calling it their own art because they turned a painting into a photo or something stupid..

there was some quote we learned that was something like "art is most successful when it influences future generations.." or something. :lol: i dont like the class much

Post Modern art is all about recycling past art styles.. ;)
And Marcel Duchamp has a urinal hanging in the Tate Modern (or at least he did... Not positive if "fountain" is still on display or not) go figure.
Ya, fountain was originally refused to be put on display. Marcel entered it into an exhibition under another name and all he did was but a urinal and sign and date it. He argued the fact that what makes something art is the fact that an artist has chosen to display it and the public has chosen to view it..

Marcel Duchamp is pretty clever though and has REALLY influenced many of the art movements of the last 80 years.. He was a smart man
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jackson print goes on sale tomorrow:
http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/pr ... creenprint
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Post by oojavaguru »

Stl_ben wrote:Jackson print goes on sale tomorrow:
ON SALE NOW...GO GO GO. $45 + $15 shipping.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ I wish I liked that poster, I really do.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ I wish I liked that poster, I really do.
Ditto...
wildroses3
Little Acorn

Post by wildroses3 »

I really like that one. I haven't ventured into collecting posters from shows I wasn't at yet.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Scarlet Siren and I were talking about that poster over at the other forum yesterday and I said I thought Todd Slater should've done that one. He could've taken that idea and made it really beautiful.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

^^^^ I'm in agreement with this also and in addition I think Rob could have come up with something great, in my mind I can see it complementing the two London show posters.

Columbus print for sale, go get it! http://methanestudios.com/category/posters?item=5979
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Scarlet Siren wrote:^^^^ I'm in agreement with this also and in addition I think Rob could have come up with something great, in my mind I can see it complementing the two London show posters.

Columbus print for sale, go get it! http://methanestudios.com/category/posters?item=5979
The Jackson is a great print.

I collect mostly Rob Jones prints but think the variety of artists on this tour has been a huge plus.

As a poster collector think you'd be mad to pass on this print.

As always until you see a screenprint in person you can't really appreciate the work fully.

Hopefully next tour we'll see some Von Munz and Emek as well. Emek has been putting out some amazing work this year and Eric made some amazing White Stripes prints.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Now that I've seen these detailed photos I'm glad I bought the Jackson print. Looking forward to receiving it!

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 3#p1739113
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Updated with artist info. Portland seems to have gone walkabout, but I can't find any really high quality images of it anywhere, so I'll just wait for SG to sell it on their store and nick their picture.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Isn't Miles Johnson the artist for the TMR 3rd Anniversary poster?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:Isn't Miles Johnson the artist for the TMR 3rd Anniversary poster?
Yes
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net