Jack White 2012 Tour Poster Archive

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
Lola
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack White 2012 Tour Poster Archive

Post by Lola »

dmdv1 wrote:I'm looking for one of these too
It still kills me that I couldn't help you out in getting one for you.
<ifeelstrange> JackWhite: i am looking forward to Tulsa!
<JackWhite> ifeelstrange: me too tulsa is a campfire in the desert of my brain
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Lola wrote:
Dave doesn't collect posters - I wouldn't worry yourself.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kaber wrote:
Lola wrote:
Dave doesn't collect posters - I wouldn't worry yourself.
I collect selectively ;-)
Never trust a hippy
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

cmelo wrote:
Moller72 wrote:The poster is a rob jones I emailed him this morning and he responded saying he did it and it was Oscar wilds favorite painting.
Makes sense. Someone (here?) posted that St Sebastian = patron saint of gays. (Unofficially, of course -- ah, the Catholic Church....) Also of archers.
Also frequently symbolizes the self-discipline needed by artists (see e.g. Death in Venice).
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Aquamarine wrote:
cmelo wrote:
Moller72 wrote:The poster is a rob jones I emailed him this morning and he responded saying he did it and it was Oscar wilds favorite painting.
Makes sense. Someone (here?) posted that St Sebastian = patron saint of gays. (Unofficially, of course -- ah, the Catholic Church....) Also of archers.
Also frequently symbolizes the self-discipline needed by artists (see e.g. Death in Venice).
Ooooooo....!
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Scarlet Siren wrote:Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa

As a bit of an art-nerd I knew the painting the image came from as soon as I saw it. I am not sure if anyone else is interested, but here's some artsy info:

St Sebastian has, of course, been painted countless times by an untold number of artists from all time periods. But, the poster comes from a painting by Guido Reni, who was an Italian Baroque painter in the 16th-17th C. Reni painted St Sebastian many times, himself. Although there are arguments over whether he really did do all the ones attributed to him. Anyway, here's the particular Reni painting that the poster figure is culled from. It is sometimes called St. Sebastian Capitolini.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... 907%29.jpg

Cheers!
nosce te ipsum
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

Not strictly a tour poster, but this is quite nice:

http://www.richardgoodallgallery.com/rg ... 16181.html
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

I want thait Cain's poster but right now I'm postered out until next year!
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

nestacat wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Scarlet Siren wrote:Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa

As a bit of an art-nerd I knew the painting the image came from as soon as I saw it. I am not sure if anyone else is interested, but here's some artsy info:

St Sebastian has, of course, been painted countless times by an untold number of artists from all time periods. But, the poster comes from a painting by Guido Reni, who was an Italian Baroque painter in the 16th-17th C. Reni painted St Sebastian many times, himself. Although there are arguments over whether he really did do all the ones attributed to him. Anyway, here's the particular Reni painting that the poster figure is culled from. It is sometimes called St. Sebastian Capitolini.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... 907%29.jpg

Cheers!
If I'm not mistaken Jack said in an interview somewhere that his favorite Saint was Saint Sebastion the Saint of endurance. He said he was an inspiration for his stage setup. How everything was far apart and hard to get to.
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Did i have a weird dream about a jack white poster with someone with their head in a cage sort of thing or is there actually one?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

arewhyehen wrote:Did i have a weird dream about a jack white poster with someone with their head in a cage sort of thing or is there actually one?
That's a Kills one and someone has that up for sale at the moment (can't remember who)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

love_islander wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Did i have a weird dream about a jack white poster with someone with their head in a cage sort of thing or is there actually one?
That's a Kills one and someone has that up for sale at the moment (can't remember who)

Ahh, thank you. I found it here:

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... er#p142580

I am studying Art History and saw this awhile back after I had already learned about this photo...

This is the original art work by Andre Masson - Mannequin - Surrealism 1938

and here is the concert poster for the Kills....really didnt change anything...haha I don't know anything about the poster so maybe this isnt anything new to people who have seen it before but I just remember seeing it for the first time a few weeks ago and thinking of the real art right away..
here is the poster..

Sorry this is not the right topic...hah
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

So it seems the secret to being a poster artist is: Find a picture > Increase constrast > Add filter > Add text > ? > Profit
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Jamie wrote:So it seems the secret to being a poster artist is: Find a picture > Increase constrast > Add filter > Add text > ? > Profit
SHHhhhhhhhh! You're going to ruin it for the poster artists.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:So it seems the secret to being a poster artist is: Find a picture > Increase constrast > Add filter > Add text > ? > Profit
IF there is anything I have learned its that all art is recycled. All art is borrowed from someone/something or somewhere else. movements....specific pieces, they all influence eachother. There are plenty of famous artists who were famous just for photographing someone elses art and then calling it their own art because they turned a painting into a photo or something stupid..

there was some quote we learned that was something like "art is most successful when it influences future generations.." or something. :lol: i dont like the class much

Post Modern art is all about recycling past art styles.. ;)