Tour Posters Based On Song Titles?

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: Tour Posters Based On Song Titles?

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

here is the new Rob Jones ... he has hidden all kinds of odd details in the image like that kids magazine that hid secret objects in images

is it possible that he fancies himself a conjurer? 12 fold back on you Rob if you play foul in your images... i dont favor it nor does the divine

definitely Trash Tongue Talker or Jimmy the Exploder
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:here is the new Rob Jones ... he has hidden all kinds of odd details in the image like that kids magazine that hid secret objects in images

is it possible that he fancies himself a conjurer? 12 fold back on you Rob if you play foul in your images... i dont favor it nor does the divine

exactly what kind of drugs are you on?
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Start with the cadillac bottom right...
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

If I may jump in the conversation, to me it looks to be designed as newspaper front page of sorts, an exposé perhaps. I'll start literally and then try to explain what I think it means.

JACK WHITE is so bold at the top that the picture about the headline most certainly must contain an image of the person. I then assume that the centralized monkey is a allegory for him (definitely a throwback to Jimmy the Exploder). Looking at his expression and the outstretched hand below, not to mention the hidden hearse near the bottom, it seems clear that he has caused the demise of his friend/partner by jumping on the bed (referencing the children's rhyme as well). The spectacles and small coffin-like box are a little harder to decipher, but since they are falling off the bed too, they have a definite connection what is being lost along with the other monkey.

So, it seems to me that this is a conscious effort to address the public's interest in Jack's life and relationships. It's also a way to talk about something very private that we all have the ability to relate to: something that perhaps began happy and playful turned into a heart-wrenching loss. The use of monkeys is a way to disarm the viewer, to lure them in, and then to hit them with the heaviness of all the iconography. Rob has a bit more subtlety with this piece, as opposed to say, the Mayan Theater one. I don't think it relates exclusively to a song on the album but absolutely can be included in the overall theme of the album. That's my 2 cents.
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

fine bit of discussion there Obliquitous... the whole newspaper Mast Head thing slipped right by but i will say that the coffin idea is brilliant

maybe its even a 'box full of dirt' that is spilling... its contentious to say the least ... but what about that weird mark on the monkey's arm??

most interesting would be what image is reflected up into the glasses and whose glasses are those since we know that monkeys dont wear glasses??
bh1644 wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:here is the new Rob Jones ... he has hidden all kinds of odd details in the image like that kids magazine that hid secret objects in images

exactly what kind of drugs are you on?
its i high potency pineapple enzyme... want some??? ahahahahh

as for the 'cadillac'... thats a hearse there mr. hawke
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12stars

Post by 12stars »

n/a
Last edited by 12stars on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

12stars wrote:Snuff box falling off the bed...
Newspaper idea or a "Wanted" picture for a monkey killing.
i will go ya the snuff box and call it some sort of link to having kicked some particular 'monkey on ones back' even

the 'wanted poster' idea... dunno .... its those glasses that got my brain going... maybe its seeing things differently

the hearse is a big time symbol though... they had to just lay that one right down out in there with no disguise

anyone else see that mark on the monkeys arm??
12stars

Post by 12stars »

n/a
Last edited by 12stars on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

12stars wrote:If there are indeed hidden things here not just hallucinating...
vulture/bird on right ceiling, fish in pillow crease.
Remember "Highlights" the kids mag? Finding hidden things
in the artwork was in each edition.
thats the name of that magazine... you have plugged a hole in my boat and i thank you

good to hear that someone else is seeing these bits and pieces
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

What do you all think of Rob's Roseland gig poster? Don't have a picture of it yet, but at the bottom in a very faint black that says " Poster by Rob Jones at Animal Rummy Printed by D&L Screenprinting in the Birthplace of 'Ray J' " Aslo, the record says "document" if you look at it in a mirror.

Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Image

this is the Asheville poster... it has 13 images that likely go with 13 songs... but as for the 'running horse' theme... dunno

people from Kentucky think about a lot of horse things but i have no thoughts on this horse theme at present

i do seem to want to gravitate towards the saying 'headless horse' man if that makes any sense to anyone... more metaphorical mumbojumbo
It's a homage to Muybridge's experiments in motion photography:

No idea why the horse is disappearing though. A reference to Jack banning cellphone recording?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Obliquitous wrote:Aslo, the record says "document" if you look at it in a mirror.

If I remember correctly, Document is the record label that TMR is doing upcoming blues re-issues from.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

chanticleer wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:Image

this is the Asheville poster... it has 13 images that likely go with 13 songs... but as for the 'running horse' theme... dunno

people from Kentucky think about a lot of horse things but i have no thoughts on this horse theme at present

i do seem to want to gravitate towards the saying 'headless horse' man if that makes any sense to anyone... more metaphorical mumbojumbo
It's a homage to Muybridge's experiments in motion photography:

No idea why the horse is disappearing though. A reference to Jack banning cellphone recording?

actually it is the quote at the bottom in german/czech which explains the disappearing horse... its a quote from kafka about A WISH TO BE A RED INDIAN which talks about traveling through life unfettered http://walradio.com/kafka.php?story_id=ID0016
If one were only an Indian, instantly alert, and on a racing horse, leaning against the wind, kept on quivering jerkily over the quivering ground, until one shed one's spurs, for there needed no spurs, threw away the reins, for there needed no reins, and hardly saw that the land before one was smoothly shorn heath when horse's neck and head would be already gone.
12stars

Post by 12stars »

n/a
Last edited by 12stars on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

hawke000 wrote:Start with the cadillac bottom right...
I didn't consider the hearse to be "hidden", thought that was part of it...