Anybody else inadvertently damage their Milwaukee poster?

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
mumbercycle
Little Bird

Anybody else inadvertently damage their Milwaukee poster?

Post by mumbercycle »

I was 4th to purchase a poster (#127 of 130), and myself and the other folks ahead of me found out the hard way that the stupid little tubes they provided were far too narrow for the heavy stock paper the posters were printed on. After rolling the poster like, an eighth of the way, the damage had already been done. Granted, the crinkling happened as a direct result of the AMAZING show, so it's kind of like a badge of honor, but still. It was either shove it in the tube or hold it and leave it at the mercy of the swamp that was the Eagles Ballroom. It sucked that they didn't have a coat check, and the woman taking tickets was pretty hell-bent on not allowing me re-entrance (I wanted to go out and stick it in my car).

Anybody else have crinkly posters? Looks like 'mint' ones are already bringing crazy money on eBay. I plan on framing mine regardless; I suppose this thread is more of a support group than anything.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Anybody else inadvertently damage their Milwaukee poster

Post by arewhyehen »

The damage sucks for sure. I know A LOT of people are complaining about this same thing from that show.

If you are going to frame it and keep it for your lifetime, a little damage shouldn't hurt much. I have a few posters with wrinkles and folds and what not, but they are there for memories and I am keeping them in my possession for as long as I am around, so the fact that they aren't MINTY or worth the maximum amount of money, doesn't really bother me much.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

arewhyehen wrote:The damage sucks for sure. I know A LOT of people are complaining about this same thing from that show.

If you are going to frame it and keep it for your lifetime, a little damage shouldn't hurt much. I have a few posters with wrinkles and folds and what not, but they are there for memories and I am keeping them in my possession for as long as I am around, so the fact that they aren't MINTY or worth the maximum amount of money, doesn't really bother me much.
Great fekkin attitude and point, Brother Ryan. My St Louis poster has a little nick in it, but the location can pass as (maybe?) part of the wisps (if you squint your eyes hard enough). I'm fairly certain it's from the hack merch lady who just TOSSED my other items (including lighters) onto the poster. Yeah...she sucked. To top it off, she actually short changed my son for ten bucks. In fairness, we did raise him to not let people get over on him, so to some degree it's his fault too.
But yeah...after your point, Ryan, I could give two shits.less.about that little nick. Thanks for the perspective reality check.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

mojoryan wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:The damage sucks for sure. I know A LOT of people are complaining about this same thing from that show.

Great fekkin attitude and point, Brother Ryan. My St Louis poster has a little nick in it, but the location can pass as (maybe?) part of the wisps (if you squint your eyes hard enough). I'm fairly certain it's from the hack merch lady who just TOSSED my other items (including lighters) onto the poster. Yeah...she sucked. To top it off, she actually short changed my son for ten bucks. In fairness, we did raise him to not let people get over on him, so to some degree it's his fault too.
But yeah...after your point, Ryan, I could give two shits.less.about that little nick. Thanks for the perspective reality check.
Glad I could help, brother!!
dsrules
Little Bird

Post by dsrules »

How quick did they go? I was maybe 20th in line and I missed the merch table because I bunny hopped up the stairs and neglected to look to my right. I had my own tube and everything :(