Jack White 2014/15 Tour Poster Archive

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White 2014/15 Tour Poster Archive

Post by JonnyH »

jajacuisine wrote:
icdvet wrote:Anyone know where to get the Mexico print?
Hi,

The Mexico Poster sold out the day of the concert, well all of the posters at the merchandise booth sold out, I have not been able to know who the artist was, So I do not know if there are some leftover AP.

I managed to get one and I like it a lot.
Could you possibly post a picture of the poster?
jajacuisine
Little Cream Soda

Post by jajacuisine »

JonnyH wrote:
jajacuisine wrote:
icdvet wrote:Anyone know where to get the Mexico print?
Hi,

The Mexico Poster sold out the day of the concert, well all of the posters at the merchandise booth sold out, I have not been able to know who the artist was, So I do not know if there are some leftover AP.

I managed to get one and I like it a lot.
Could you possibly post a picture of the poster?
I posted it a while ago, Its already at the front page. I am going to try and take a better picture
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

No idea if there is any significance to this, but in RJ's cover artwork for the latest Vault package, the monkey has a skull in each eye; in his MSG poster, the skull's eye has a monkey in it. Well, an ape, technically.

That's all I got.
Jimmy the Exploder
Little Bird

Post by Jimmy the Exploder »

Here is the best photo of the sideshow with Robert Plant here in chile, i could kill for that poster :cry:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"And his band of privateers". Haha! That band really did need a name. The Privateers would have been great.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Not a huge step from a privateer to a buccaneer, which is how Plant described Jack's spirit.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Gotta wonder if that partially inspired it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Wasn't sure where else to put this, short article about Rob from the Daily Texan-- http://www.dailytexanonline.com/2015/04 ... jack-white
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

^Thanks for that. It would be so nice to be able to see his creative process or maybe be able to read those "essays" and explanations he gives for each artwork, maybe as a bonus vault item or something.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

koala wrote:^Thanks for that. It would be so nice to be able to see his creative process or maybe be able to read those "essays" and explanations he gives for each artwork, maybe as a bonus vault item or something.
Third Man Books release-- Coffee table book of Rob Jones artwork with accompanying "essays" by the artist. Get on that, Chet!!
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Kali Durga wrote:
koala wrote:^Thanks for that. It would be so nice to be able to see his creative process or maybe be able to read those "essays" and explanations he gives for each artwork, maybe as a bonus vault item or something.
Third Man Books release-- Coffee table book of Rob Jones artwork with accompanying "essays" by the artist. Get on that, Chet!!
I have wanted this for so long - Kozik and Fairey have both done something similar. It would be great to hear the thinking underlying some of these prints and maybe the book could include a few rarities.
It would also be a great resource for someone who wants to cut the pages out and sell them on feebay as "posters"
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
jajacuisine
Little Cream Soda

Post by jajacuisine »

I finally managed to find out who the artist for the Puebla poster is.
Quique Ollervides.

Also, I think they are going to sell the prints for the cancelled Mexico dates.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Hawaii:

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

There's Neitzsche! What a handsome, scowling, mustachioed brute he is. Bet he's got a mean curveball.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Anybody know if there was a poster for Alaska?
Patient B1003