TMR162 Jack White "I'm Shakin" Flexi-disc

Love interruption --->
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: TMR162 Jack White "I'm Shakin" Flexi-disc

Post by Jettkoral »

maxman142001 wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Hope they'll sell some on The Vault. That would be cool.
I think its a safe bet with this responce "They will not be available for sale to the general public" that the vault will never see these....
Is the Vault 'The general public'?
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

maxman142001 wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Hope they'll sell some on The Vault. That would be cool.
I think its a safe bet with this responce "They will not be available for sale to the general public" that the vault will never see these....
I agree, but the vault isn't the general public either. Still doubt us vaulters will be able to get them.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

From Facebook:

KFOG Radio - November 19th
"Win a Flexi Disc copy of 'I'm Shakin' by Jack White and qualify for the 3rd Man Records turntable at 9:30!"
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

maxman142001 wrote:From Blackwell:
They were a radio-only promotion item. We won't be disclosing how many were manufactured. They will not be available for sale to the general public.
Got the same response from Ben. I don't think this will be available to public or vault. They don't offer any other radio promo items to us, why would they for this?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

its flexi ... its flexi... so fun its a wonderful toy.... so glad someone finally posted something so that i know they exist... so sad i dont have one :?
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

TMR162 Jack White "I'm Shakin" Flexi-disc

Post by Alabama Woody »

I can't bring myself to spend big money on a damn Flexi disc, just cant.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

As usual, when flexi mania hits, I like to remind folks that my label, Culture Cringe, has flexis for sale at the low low price of $4. In fact, pm me and I will sell you one for $2 plus shipping!

http://culturecringe.com
Hyperbole used for effect!
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: TMR162 Jack White

Post by maxman142001 »

Alabama Woody wrote:I can't bring myself to spend big money on a damn Flexi disc, just cant.
No joke! When I got my flexi I was blown away that people were paying $4-5k back in April when they were released...very curious to see how much this one goes for and when more will hit Ebay or Swirl.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

nevermind
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

They were a radio-only promotion item. We won't be disclosing how many were manufactured. They will not be available for sale to the general public.
Wait, so Blackwell said this, and then they sold them in the refresh-a-thon? Once in a blue moon is Blackwell wrong.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Freter wrote:
Wait, so Blackwell said this, and then they sold them in the refresh-a-thon? Once in a blue moon is Blackwell wrong.
If that's what you call "available" to the public. Who knows how many they actually sold. Could have been 1 or 2 and trying to get one was impossible. Don't think anyone from here got it from the refresh-a-thon.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

arewhyehen wrote:
Freter wrote:
If that's what you call "available" to the public. Who knows how many they actually sold. Could have been 1 or 2 and trying to get one was impossible. Don't think anyone from here got it from the refresh-a-thon.
Still, it was available to people outside of buisness and TMR. That's the general public.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Freter wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Freter wrote:
Still, it was available to people outside of buisness and TMR. That's the general public.
Not available to the general public (also known as a wide release) it was made available in a extremely small quanity to a very select group of people....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Stl_ben wrote:
Freter wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Freter wrote:
Not available to the general public (also known as a wide release) it was made available in a extremely small quanity to a very select group of people....
Your right on the quantity, but anyone with a computer had a chance to get one. Still, I can see where technically he is not wrong.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ It's a grey area.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."