I'm shakin Ice cream version

Love interruption --->
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Re: I'm shakin Ice cream version

Post by dmdv1 »

I thought jet said that the love interruption cover had Jack holding an ice cream which turned out to be a shaving brush?
Never trust a hippy
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

What's interesting about this tour sleeve is the hand depicted on the reverse. For the other tour sleeves, you see the corresponding hand on the reverse holding what the person was holding on the front. With this one, that's not the case. You can see her right hand on the cover, and she's not holding anything. Right hand again on the back, holding an ice cream cone. In the standard version you see her left hand at her neck line and on the reverse using a towel to clean up the blue blood (technically you see both hands on the reverse). Interesting they used opposite hands in the regular/tour versions but were consistent with holding nothing on the cover/holding something on the reverse. Confused? You should be.

Last edited by rsimms3 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Looks to me like the photo of Jack is a shaving brush and the tour sleeve is an ice cream cone. The man has a somewhat obvious thing for ice cream (mentions it in songs and interviews almost as much as he does redheads), he could very well have looked at that photo of himself and seen the same thing Jarrett did, then had them put an ice cream cone on the tour sleeve as a fun twist. He's got as much a thing for twisting things around as he does for sweet treats.

Whatever it is and however it came to be, it's damned fun :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Hrm. The key to this is seeing if all tour editions have the ice cream on the back. Then we can see if there are alternate tour editions. We know there are alternate covers already (Knife, Shaving Brush)...
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

I'm pretty sure all the tour 7"s are the same
Never trust a hippy
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

rsimms3 wrote:What's interesting about this tour sleeve is the hand depicted on the reverse. For the other tour sleeves, you see the corresponding hand on the reverse holding what the person was holding on the front. With this one, that's not the case. You can see her right hand on the cover, and she's not holding anything. Right hand again on the back, holding an ice cream cone. In the standard version you see her left hand at her neck line and on the reverse using a towel to clean up the blue blood (technically you see both hands on the reverse). Interesting they used opposite hands in the regular/tour versions but were consistent with holding nothing on the cover/holding something on the reverse. Confused? You should be.

Maybe there are going to be 2 more singles with the arm coming out from the right to make the picture even...
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
Grandpadan
Little Bird

Post by Grandpadan »

i cant wait to get mine to see but my guess is all tour editions are the same. but hey, you never know with third man...
ISO: money to buy more records.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Ice cream is the standard back of the tour edition I'm afraid...cool, but not rare.
Patient B1003
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

So I haven't really kept up with all of this but are there variants of the tour singles or not?
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Are there variants of the regular Jack solo 45's?
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Confused as hell.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Alabama Woody wrote:Are there variants of the regular Jack solo 45's?
Yes.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Alabama Woody wrote:Are there variants of the regular Jack solo 45's?
Here is a link. http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =63&t=7214
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

notwdrums18 wrote:
Maybe there are going to be 2 more singles with the arm coming out from the right to make the picture even...
I'm with you on this one. Already from how the covers line up, to me it looks like there will be 2 more to give a 360°view of the bathroom.
Now what you said makes sense and I'm pretty sure there will be 2 more. Which is great! Hope fully some more unreleased tracks. :)
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

nrssab wrote:
notwdrums18 wrote:
I'm with you on this one. Already from how the covers line up, to me it looks like there will be 2 more to give a 360°view of the bathroom.
Now what you said makes sense and I'm pretty sure there will be 2 more. Which is great! Hope fully some more unreleased tracks. :)
I posted earlier on a different thread the theory of all songs being released as singles?
I would buy them all