Jack white alternate 7" covers

Love interruption --->
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack white alternate 7" covers

Post by Kali Durga »

Obliquitous wrote:Found this by total accident just now searching for some new source photos... Wow! The slogan is undoubtedly a part of the "Mum" campaign during WWII, ya know the whole "Loose lips sink ships" sort of thing to stop people tipping off the enemy.

Yeah, someone found that around the time the singles were released. If I remember correctly, Jack had commented in chat around then, too, about how people on the internet couldn't keep secrets, which made it wonderfully apropos.

Alabama Woody wrote:Image
I love the hell out of this version of the Sixteen Saltines cover.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

Kali Durga wrote:
Obliquitous wrote:Found this by total accident just now searching for some new source photos... Wow! The slogan is undoubtedly a part of the "Mum" campaign during WWII, ya know the whole "Loose lips sink ships" sort of thing to stop people tipping off the enemy.

Yeah, someone found that around the time the singles were released. If I remember correctly, Jack had commented in chat around then, too, about how people on the internet couldn't keep secrets, which made it wonderfully apropos.
Well then. Carry on :lol:
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Comparison
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
daniel15mtsu
Little Acorn

Post by daniel15mtsu »

I've read through this entire thread for the first time.

I had seen the first two on here but didn't realize till now they were on Ebay once upon a time

What did those go for?

Just Curious
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Jack white alternate 7" covers

Post by Alabama Woody »

About $250 each if I remember right.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Jack white alternate 7

Post by Grimtale »

Alabama Woody wrote:About $250 each if I remember right.
That was before people knew what they were and how rare they are. that wouldn't touch one now imo...
I am everything you hate...
daniel15mtsu
Little Acorn

Post by daniel15mtsu »

How Long Ago Did That Auction Take Place?

Also how many people use actual photo's these days. Especially with something as minute as a $5 black piece of vinyl. I cant remember the last time I saw one listed without a stock, generic, pulled from google photo.

So who knows whats out there ;)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Its been about a year I think. They are the only 2 that have ever been on Ebay as far as I've noticed. Nobody had a clue as to how rare they were at the time, or at least I did not, so if they had that same auction now they would probably bring close to a thousand each I bet. There are rumored to be very few of them.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
daniel15mtsu
Little Acorn

Post by daniel15mtsu »

Alabama Woody wrote:Its been about a year I think. They are the only 2 that have ever been on Ebay as far as I've noticed. Nobody had a clue as to how rare they were at the time, or at least I did not, so if they had that same auction now they would probably bring close to a thousand each I bet. There are rumored to be very few of them.
Thanks didn't mean to drudge up to much already covered

Someone should just start buying every stock photo auction :D
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I don't mind revisiting subjects or post that have been covered already. It drives some here crazy :mrgreen:

Rumor is there are 10-20 of each. Not sure if that's right. I've given up myself, I can't pay that much for them, I would love to add them to my Blunderbuss collection. For that kind of money you can buy just about whatever you want vinyl wise. Within reason. I would have to go for a hand painted DW or something of that nature, a TP, etc.

I don't know if they were mailed out randomly, but if there are that few I would think not. Who knows? !!!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

There must truly be something wrong with me!::::::::::::::

I'm perfectly content just seeing pictures of these and and have zero desire to pay more than $25 for any of them.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

In fact, I'll take it one step further (thank you, Angel's Envy) and say I'd rather PRIVATELY own something that no one has ever sent a picture of in an email or posted on any website, and that only a select few know of its existence.

I have so much more to say along these line vis a vis me selling bits of my WS/JW/TMR collection, but I better stop right here. Let's just say it's a double-edged samurai sword: I'm glad I've seen pics of these alternate sleeves and know they exist, but I'm saddened and disheartened by the fact I'll never own one. (Without shelling out LOTS of greenbacks.)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

hmmmm
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Was it anyone here that bought them on ebay originally? I'm starting to think that was the only set, and was put out there by TMR to mess with us. Its strange that no one knew of it, yet the seller had 2 of them and none have surfaced since
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

bkramer10 wrote:Was it anyone here that bought them on ebay originally? I'm starting to think that was the only set, and was put out there by TMR to mess with us. Its strange that no one knew of it, yet the seller had 2 of them
Same thing sort of happened with the Icky Thump "Meg" promo.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.