Jack white alternate 7" covers

Love interruption --->
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Re: Jack white alternate 7" covers

Post by flattop2001 »

rsimms3 wrote:I'm confused. maxman142001 you mentioned in the eBay thread back in October that the alts were distributed by mail order, implying sent to TMR customers but flattop2001 is saying they might be in stores. Two totally different distribution routes. TMR only retails directly to online direct customers, URP retails to distributors who serve record stores. If this was a TMR thing you wouldn't need to look at all the singles in retail stores.
But TMR get them from URP. The plot thickens.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

rsimms3 wrote:I'm confused. maxman142001 you mentioned in the eBay thread back in October that the alts were distributed by mail order, implying sent to TMR customers but flattop2001 is saying they might be in stores. Two totally different distribution routes. TMR only retails directly to online direct customers, URP retails to distributors who serve record stores. If this was a TMR thing you wouldn't need to look at all the singles in retail stores.
Adam, true...didnt think about it that way. I dont know if Ben would give that information up. I would think that these going out randomly in mail-orders would be more controlled than having URP sending them out to record stores and other online distributors randomly. I dont know where or how Jimmy got his hands on the alternate covers, if it was at a local store it would cause more questions than answers.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

flattop2001 wrote:
Yes, but URP doesn't print the covers. Those get ordered by the record labels and shipped to URP for assembly. I would assume with something this unique TMR would have the alts sent to them for distribution, not the other way around. With so few floating around you could probably look 100 years and not find one. I'd say this would be akin to the Golden Ticket tour contest with the Dead Weather CDs.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

maxman142001 wrote:
Adam, true...didnt think about it that way. I dont know if Ben would give that information up. I would think that these going out randomly in mail-orders would be more controlled than having URP sending them out to record stores and other online distributors randomly. I dont know where or how Jimmy got his hands on the alternate covers, if it was at a local store it would cause more questions than answers.
Jimmy always seems to get his hands on the good stuff.. :?
C'mon buddy, share the wealth. ;)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

mojoryan wrote:
maxman142001 wrote:
I think it makes the search much more fun when people are tight lipped about these kinda things....releasing a few tid-bits here and there to keep the fire going helps. :lol:
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

rsimms3 wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:
Yes, but URP doesn't print the covers. Those get ordered by the record labels and shipped to URP for assembly. I would assume with something this unique TMR would have the alts sent to them for distribution, not the other way around. With so few floating around you could probably look 100 years and not find one. I'd say this would be akin to the Golden Ticket tour contest with the Dead Weather CDs.
First off I never said I have them just that I have seen them, and yes I could get pictures but that might spoil the fun for those trying to track them down on their own. I've had several PMs asking me not to post pics, but tell the senders the details, but that hardly seems fair.

How they got out into circulation is anybody's guess, I know where the ones I have seen came from and if they were shipped via mail order direct from TMR don't you think a few more would have turned up by now? My comment about checking record stores was because, well I think everybody should check record stores (take that how you will). The golden tickets were shipped inside the cds to record stores if I remember, not from TMR or am I wrong?

I gave up assuming anything with TMR a while back - The more you learn the more you realize how little you know if that makes sense.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

maxman142001 wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
maxman142001 wrote:
I think it makes the search much more fun when people are tight lipped about these kinda things....releasing a few tid-bits here and there to keep the fire going helps. :lol:
Agreed. Me razzing is just part of the fun too. No harm intended...Jimmy knows that.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I've got a set of them, I found them in boxes of cracker jacks ;-)
Grim
I am everything you hate...
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Stop teasing us
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

It was no tease. IMO, This is one TMR really wants to be damn near impossible for someone to obtain and because of that, I seriously doubt they will share much along the lines of details.
Just my $.02 worth
Grim
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

I meant I want pics. I have been asking for pictures on listings w/o an image on ebay and amazon too hoping to find one
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

AJ123 wrote:I meant I want pics. I have been asking for pictures on listings w/o an image on ebay and amazon too hoping to find one
Sorry, can't help you there.
Grim
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

Grimtale wrote:I've got a set of them, I found them in boxes of cracker jacks ;-)
Grim
of course you do
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

To clarify my comment above, I was comparing the chances of finding any of these alt covers to finding a DW Gold Ticket for the TMR tour. The tour contest CDs were widely distributed to all sorts of retail stores from indies to Target. As for why more haven't turned up? People order them, listen to them, and put them into their box. Remember, this site is a bunch of collectors while the general public wouldn't give it a second thought.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

rsimms3 wrote:To clarify my comment above, I was comparing the chances of finding any of these alt covers to finding a DW Gold Ticket for the TMR tour. The tour contest CDs were widely distributed to all sorts of retail stores from indies to Target. As for why more haven't turned up? People order them, listen to them, and put them into their box. Remember, this site is a bunch of collectors while the general public wouldn't give it a second thought.
great point!
HUSTLE AND CUSS