I'm Shakin to be the 4th 7"?

Love interruption --->
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: I'm Shakin to be the 4th 7"?

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

dreamover wrote:
Melon wrote:i hope they are holeless! that'd be cool i don't have any records like that.
why would you want a record you can't play?
so that we can spend more money on a new kind of record player that doesnt need holes... its the TMR way :lol:
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

rsimms3 wrote:Hmmmm, anything weird about these pictures....?

You wanna play our record? Cut the hole yourself. Gotta love TMR
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

They must be updating photos because now none of the 12" Black and Blues have center holes. Neither do the first two WS splits or the Hank Williams album.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

i think the weird thing about the label is that it looks more like the 12" single label than the 7" single label.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

B-Side is awful. Worst thing since "Who's A Big Baby". Don't mind experimentation, but not half formed ideas.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
jbharris76
Little Cream Soda

Post by jbharris76 »

"Blues on Two Trees" is INCREDIBLE, IMO. I love how disjointed it is, really pushing the envelope. Never staying in one place. It seems like he's opening up so much to new sounds and getting "out of the box" that he played within for so many years. I see this as a natural direction for him to be heading in, given the path. The past, every note of which, TWS, RACS, TDW -- all of which, I love. It's amazing how he can keep things so fresh to my ear

"a goth blues funeral processional shambling through a banshee forest of cackle".......!!

sounds like the DW, but a "post Blunderbuss" DW

my $.02
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

destijl wrote:B-Side is awful. Worst thing since "Who's A Big Baby". Don't mind experimentation, but not half formed ideas.
I would not say this is a half formed idea, it's absolutely completed. I have listened to this track a couple of times now. First off it was not very appealing, but the more I got into it and freed my mind from the music I hear everywhere, the more I liked this song. Now I just can't wait to spin it here at home. This song is something special and it's great, it just doesn't follow the ordinary scheme everybody is used to.
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

I've listened to the B-side about a dozen times now, and I like it quite a lot. Some music sites are calling it 'rap' and I don't much care for rap, personally. But this is more experimental than that. I dunno, it's like psychedelic rap or something, kinda trippy. It wouldn't work as a single, but as an exploratory B-side it's kind of perfect.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i summed it up as some spoken word poetry that was performed in conjunction with a native american shamanic ceremony .... likely jack performed it at Dino's Poetry Sucks event last week with Swank on drums/ :lol:

look for the alternate cover next RSD

destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

nrssab wrote:
destijl wrote:B-Side is awful. Worst thing since "Who's A Big Baby". Don't mind experimentation, but not half formed ideas.
I would not say this is a half formed idea, it's absolutely completed. I have listened to this track a couple of times now. First off it was not very appealing, but the more I got into it and freed my mind from the music I hear everywhere, the more I liked this song. Now I just can't wait to spin it here at home. This song is something special and it's great, it just doesn't follow the ordinary scheme everybody is used to.
IT IS ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!! It is a BAD Jack White song. He's only human, we all make mistakes. It's a bit.....and a bit......and a little bit. In my mind - half formed.

I'm a stubborn bastard and NOTHING will change my opinion. The song is SHIT
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

destijl wrote:
nrssab wrote:
IT IS ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!! It is a BAD Jack White song. He's only human, we all make mistakes. It's a bit.....and a bit......and a little bit. In my mind - half formed.

I'M GLAD YOU'RE YELLING ABOUT IT. I THINK I HAVE COMPLETELY SWITCHED SIDES AND NOW THINK IT'S THE BEST THING HE'S DONE AS A B-SIDE SINCE JOLENE!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

destijl wrote:
nrssab wrote:

Right, I'm not trying to change your mind, why would I. Have your own opinion, but don't call this a mistake of Jack White. Making something you don't like is not his mistake, just your loss. Other people like this song and he personally must do himself to, so it's far from being a mistake. You are mistaking it, thats just it.
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

FYI: Runoffs on the sides say "Australia, figure it out" and "Fans of Lawrence Welk," respectively.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i think all this discussion has little to do with who will actually put this on their ipod or play it repeatedly in the years to come... i wonder how many people in here are playing the b-side to ICP ever... the artist Jack White remains just that
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

I am seriously wondering whether Jack is serious about this b-side.

Seriously.