Blunderbuss lightning vinyl edition - value on rise

Love interruption --->
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Blunderbuss lightning vinyl edition - value on rise

Post by arewhyehen »

cc3078 wrote:Not to merge off topic but I guess the one advantage of being in Iowa is that the record store 90 miles from my home did get in 2 copies of the RSD 7 inch. I showed up 1 hour before the doors opened, probably #20 in line, and was still able to easily get one of the two RSD copies. I would imagine not everyone had it quite that easy - minus my 90 minute drive each way.
Brutal, I've got about a 60 min drive to my nearest record store (in London) but that's where I used to live and I still work so I'm there all the time but I made the 14 hour drive to Nashville where I was also #20 in line :lol: I'll never forget that trip, that's for sure...
cc3078
Little Bird

Post by cc3078 »

I assume some members on this forum will be able to report about the waiting line in St. Louis tomorrow for RRS.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

What a happy place. Constructive coaching. Introductions and minimal hazing. I love the swirl!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

cc3078 wrote:Not to merge off topic but I guess the one advantage of being in Iowa is that the record store 90 miles from my home did get in 2 copies of the RSD 7 inch. I showed up 1 hour before the doors opened, probably #20 in line, and was still able to easily get one of the two RSD copies. I would imagine not everyone had it quite that easy - minus my 90 minute drive each way.
welcome to the swirl cc... glad to hear from someone in Iowa just because you are generally some intelligent folks with good conversation

i spent a few years of school in Iowa and visit there from time to time... congrats on the RSD ... are you a blues fan perchance?
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
cc3078
Little Bird

Post by cc3078 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
welcome to the swirl cc... glad to hear from someone in Iowa just because you are generally some intelligent folks with good conversation

i spent a few years of school in Iowa and visit there from time to time... congrats on the RSD ... are you a blues fan perchance?
Thanks for the kind comments (I don't mind the hazing either - I brought it on myself) 8-) . I need to apologize again to everyone for the fact I didn't post that link on the pre-existing thread about the lightning edition. If a moderator wants to move my link over to the prior thread that would be great.

I'm not a huge blues fan, or I should say I don't collect any blues. Love the music, I just don't buy any. I do a ton of live music photography throughout the midwest, mostly indie bands and some big ones like Radiohead, Wilco, etc.

Where is the 'introduction' thread located at? I should fill that out so people get to know me. :)
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

i would say $829 is a good price ... mine is not going to take any trips... thats for certain

for me the whole idea of buying the blunderbuss bolt was really just a way to prove to myself that i could actually achieve the goal

for a short term goal it was like a blind person threading a needle and actually sewing something up well

not gloating... just glad 8-)
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:i would say $829 is a good price ... mine is not going to take any trips... thats for certain

for me the whole idea of buying the blunderbuss bolt was really just a way to prove to myself that i could actually achieve the goal

for a short term goal it was like a blind person threading a needle and actually sewing something up well

not gloating... just glad 8-)
they''ve been selling on ebay for $350-400..

though i do agree i wouln't be suprised if they've stashed some away for overseas touring.
houses are full of things that gather dust
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

I wonder of the price will jump since the RRS announced
They will have F@21 Tris at their Chicago stop… I assume they are done with the Bolt
Blunderbuss. Now If only the RRS would come back to bham! Mes Really out of it. I got it confused with Sixteen Saltines. Ha. Glad I didn't book that greyhound to Chicago yet. Need 16 saltines to complete the trio of tri's.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
cheeseprocedure
Little Acorn

Post by cheeseprocedure »

cc3078 wrote:
who are you
I live in Iowa and there is nothing in Iowa.
Hey CC, welcome to the swirl! I was wondering what part of Iowa you are from. I was born in the Des Moines area but was raised about 20 miles from the MO border right in the middle of the state. Im living in Omaha now, but visit on a regular basis. Iowa is kinda lame from time to time, but with everything I do being online these days, I am starting to miss the hassle free vibes of living 20 miles from any signs of human life :lol: . Its nice to see some more Iowans on the swirl... I am assuming there are some Omaha peeps out there but havent met any of them yet.