Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Love interruption --->
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Re: Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Post by thirdtesla »

woodisgood wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:They were only allowing one of each tour single per person last night. Pretty strict as well.
I will say, though——at the end of the show, they still had them for sale. I could have bought another set easily. Makes me wonder exactly how many are pressed . . . 1000s I say. Thousands! :twisted:
They have PLENTY. Had a huge stack of LI when I left WorkPlay(3-12-12. Bham Alabama). They had no limit. The guy in front of me bought 12! The girl running the booth said no limit on the singles, but the posters were limited to one because only 80 were made. She went on and on about it being the rarest of the tour and the first RJ of the tour. Said they print a certain number in relation to the size of the venue(this,of course, didn't apply to the Triple Decker poster).

I hope to get SS And freedom to complete the set. IF a fourth isn't released. I have an extra Birmingham Poster by the way.

On another note, any info on the tri of Freedom at 21? I see it in the Third Man catalog.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Just got home from Santa Claus, Indiana to find Freedom At 21 waiting for me. Not a tri but I'm gonna hold off spinning it for tomorrow morning's coffee. I really hope I can find a tour sleeve to go with my LI and SS.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

am i seeing nothing special written in the runout groove on side A? i never saw them not write something special
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

hsp88 wrote:am i seeing nothing special written in the runout groove on side A? i never saw them not write something special
that must be the very inaccessible mystery of which it is named for.... :D
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
hsp88 wrote:am i seeing nothing special written in the runout groove on side A? i never saw them not write something special
that must be the very inaccessible mystery of which it is named for.... :D
side b has something
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Noticed that today, too. Weird. Also, the B side does nothing for me thus far. I'll spin again in the morning to see if I have a change of opinion. I have been in a bit of a crap mood today, so that may have something to do with it.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Mine got warped because I went out of town and it sat in a hot mailbox for hours and hours. But what I could make out through the wing-wang of the needle swerving sounded decent. I'm gonna order another and give a definite yay or nay when I've heard it proper.
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

It's already out of stock online..
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Ordered Monday...no shipping notice yet.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ordered when it first went on the site, shipping conf received Tuesday, mailbox still empty.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

HOT DAMN! I just got my shipping notice. It'll be Monday before I get it, but it'll be worth it I'm sure.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
switch5150
Little Bird

Post by switch5150 »

Just got mine today and it sounds great. No tri, but the music is all the same.
I apologize for nothing!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

switch5150 wrote:Just got mine today and it sounds great. No tri, but the music is all the same.
Spolier alert...
Did you feel the guitar sounded like it was looped vs. played for a large portion of it? It did to me, and it was quit the turn off.Also, the intentional warped sound here and thee is another turn-off. I still need to give it more listens though.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

mojoryan wrote:
Noticed that today, too. Weird. Also, the B side does nothing for me thus far. I'll spin again in the morning to see if I have a change of opinion. I have been in a bit of a crap mood today, so that may have something to do with it.
mine has something on both sides... more than just a catalog number there but it needs severe magnification
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
mine has something on both sides... more than just a catalog number there but it needs severe magnification
:lol:

Oops, I forgot my symbol for sarcasm 8=================D