Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Love interruption --->
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Post by Kali Durga »

gdm wrote:I like inaccessible mystery. I think it would have fit in nice on the album.
Where do you think it would fit in the tracklist?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

Got mine. 3 orders of 3 like usual. No tri like usual. I'll be giving my extra copies to my brothers/sisters like usual. Man I wish something unusual would happen with one of my TMR orders. Still no mail orders rarities for me.
Hi
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

redsox401 wrote:Got mine. 3 orders of 3 like usual. No tri like usual. I'll be giving my extra copies to my brothers/sisters like usual. Man I wish something unusual would happen with one of my TMR orders. Still no mail orders rarities for me.
mail order rarities are not super common, many of us have ordered everything with no mail order wins,,

and these JW releases are extra hard to get a mail order release because they sell so many, your odds plummet
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Kali Durga wrote:
gdm wrote:I like inaccessible mystery. I think it would have fit in nice on the album.
I don't really know exactly where I think it should go. I just like the song and think it is easily could have made the album.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

gdm wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
I don't really know exactly where I think it should go. I just like the song and think it is easily could have made the album.
my thoughts were either between Freedom@21 which is up tempo and Love Interruption which shares similar keyboard/synth elements... it shifts gears smoothly with it

or

in between Blunderbuss which is all about starcrossed lovers going their separate ways and Hypocritical Kiss which pretty much is how lots of unevenly match relationships play out during the sorting of differences etc.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

No tour sleeve of this in london tonight...
Patient B1003
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

grumblestiltskin wrote:No tour sleeve of this in london tonight...
BLURGH!
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Any tour versions surface?
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Inaccessible Mystery is a wicked tune... Great groove, nice little breakdown / solo. Agree with gdm on this one - coulda been on the album.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I've tried to keep up with all the posts in this thread and we don't have a dedicated "tour version" thread that I am aware of for the Jack White singles so I'll ask it here. Has there been confirmation or hinting from anyone at TMR or the merch staff at JW shows that there will in fact be a Freedom at 21 tour sleeve? I'd think that they would have had them ready for this UK run if they were going to sell them since it's just the sleeve that is special, not the vinyl. Will there possibly not be one since Jack isn't featured on the cover of the sleeve? It's a logical conclusion that there would be one, but it hasn't shown up yet so maybe if someone has the opportunity they could ask to confirm....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

rsimms3 wrote:I've tried to keep up with all the posts in this thread and we don't have a dedicated "tour version" thread that I am aware of for the Jack White singles so I'll ask it here. Has there been confirmation or hinting from anyone at TMR or the merch staff at JW shows that there will in fact be a Freedom at 21 tour sleeve? I'd think that they would have had them ready for this UK run if they were going to sell them since it's just the sleeve that is special, not the vinyl. Will there possibly not be one since Jack isn't featured on the cover of the sleeve? It's a logical conclusion that there would be one, but it hasn't shown up yet so maybe if someone has the opportunity they could ask to confirm....
Im on top of it already:

Subject: Tour Edition of the Freedom at 21 7"

Hello,
Do you know when these will be available on tour?

TMR- We're not sure when they will be available on tour just yet. Sorry about that!
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Promising, thanks!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Blackwell told me at the Vault party that there would be. F@21 tour 7"
Never trust a hippy
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

maxman142001 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:I've tried to keep up with all the posts in this thread and we don't have a dedicated "tour version" thread that I am aware of for the Jack White singles so I'll ask it here. Has there been confirmation or hinting from anyone at TMR or the merch staff at JW shows that there will in fact be a Freedom at 21 tour sleeve? I'd think that they would have had them ready for this UK run if they were going to sell them since it's just the sleeve that is special, not the vinyl. Will there possibly not be one since Jack isn't featured on the cover of the sleeve? It's a logical conclusion that there would be one, but it hasn't shown up yet so maybe if someone has the opportunity they could ask to confirm....
Im on top of it already:

Subject: Tour Edition of the Freedom at 21 7"

Hello,
Do you know when these will be available on tour?

TMR- We're not sure when they will be available on tour just yet. Sorry about that!

My guess is that they won't be available until he is back in the USA. I don't see them flying them or shipping them over to Europe or Australia when Jack is in a different country/town every night. The chances of them getting shipped at the proper time would be slim. International shipping for large packages are so unpredictable.... I don't see these being available until Jack is back in the USA which is the Firefly Festival in July, I believe.
jakke222
Little Bird

Post by jakke222 »

no tour sleeve in berlin.